It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New discovery at the Hamin site, a prehistory settlement in the Horqin District, Inner Mongolia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is a rather important Archeological discovery in Mongolia that is uncovering alot of information and artifacts from the Neolithic period. Items such as grinding stones, grinding clubs, axes, adzes, chisels, choppers, ring-shaped tools, pestles, arrowheads, blades, potteries, and human remains are being found in abundance.

www.kaogu.cn...

The Hamin site is located 15 km southeast away from Shebotu town, Kezuozhongqi banner, Tongliao city in Inner Mongolia, which is the center of the Horqin Grassland. This site covers over 17 ha.

During May to September, 2010, the joint archaeology team consisting of the Inner Mongolia Institute of Archaeology and the Kezuozhongqi banner Cultural Relic administration, carried out an investigation along railway and found the Hamin site, in order to cooperate the infrastructure construction. Then in 2011, the Inner Mongolia Institute of Archaeology and the Frontier Archaeology Center of Jilin University, carried out a large-scale scientific archaeological excavation in area of the Hamin site.

After two years, over 4000 square meter area was excavated and disclosed 43 residential ruins, 6 tombs, 33 ash pits and 1 ring trench. Moreover, there were about a thousand pieces of exquisite artefacts unearthed, including potteries, lithic, bone, shell and jade, etc. In particular, almost complete roof wooden constructions were found in 7 house ruins, which re-appeared the frame construction of the semi-subterranean buildings during the Neolithic period. This is extremely rare in the prehistory archaeology in China. In addition, lots of human bones remains rambling stacked were discovered in other resident ruins. Particularly, there were 97 sets of human bones discovered in a resident ruins, reflecting the life situation at that time. It is significant and supplies important materials for further studying the social structure, political relationship and life style of the original inhabitants in Hamin site during the Neolithic period.

The Hamin site is dated to 5500 BP. Its large scale, well-preserved, complex phenomenon and rich unearthed artefacts, is extremely rare in the prehistory archaeology in the entire northeast area, particularly those remained roof wooden structure, scattered human bones in the resident ruins, its potteries with pock-pattern, lithic, bones, shell artefacts and exquisite jades, etc, supplied important materials for studying the house structure, economic life, pottery technology, religional customs during the Neolithic period.

This discovery will yield alot of information of what life was like during the Neolithic period in Mongolia.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thank you

Great find an area I am really interested in and the topic to.

S+F lots for me to look into here.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
awesome find! thanks for posting.

kinda looks like the ruins of a rebel base... Vader will be pleased with your discovery
www.jakestabletop.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Brilliant post thank you OP.

I believe that the area from the steppes across to Mongolia will produce all sorts of archeological treasure troves over the coming years. The added bonus is that the complete lack of people and development may well mean that such discoveries haven't been looted too much over the centuries.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
very interesting
shows their is still a lot left to find on earth

thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I wonder how much else is out there in mongolia? There is just so much land. Perhaps if you look at a map adjusted for the climate back then, you can look for logical city locations and then go check them out. I am really curious about how this civilization fared in its time

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
wow !! typical of it's old age we have very precise stone structures.What I wonder are the weird impressions on this floor? looks like some kind of manufacturing setup ?
great post!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

One thing that I find interesting about this site is the six square stone columns on the left.
I wonder what the purpose of those where.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Mongolia is still a land shrouded in mystery and isolation.

I wonder if the human remains were found to contain red hair. I've heard there has been a cover up of red hair/bearded men in mongolia. Whenever they are found the government takes over for the remains to never be heard of again. then you have:

Mythological creature the Griffen was found in the steppes.
Rumors of the legendary Mongolian death worm
Some of the most rugged, isolated area of earth still unexplored today.

There is so much more out there just waiting to be discovered.

S&F

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by MrsBlonde

One thing that I find interesting about this site is the six square stone columns on the left.
I wonder what the purpose of those where.

I don't know isyeye! I thought that was something put there by there by archeologists!! those are weird I haven't seen square columns like that? Clearly something of the same shape 'fit' in the odd impressions ,I think something else fit over the square things, I dunno this is crazy fun and strange

new topics

top topics

join