It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the 2012 Republican Convention become a Brokered Convention?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Will the 2012 GOP convention become a "Brokered Convention?" Will Ron Paul fans hold-out? Can his delegates really shape history?

Interesting read: www.examiner.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Diluted

Even if Mitt Romney is only 242 Delegates Shy of securing the nomination - if the Ron Paul delegates won't budge - They could honestly change and shape history. Or can they? This is such an interesting topic.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You're right, it is a fascinating idea. I do wish it had been fleshed out a little more, though.

Why does the author think Romney won't continue his steamroller approach to the nomination? The more primaries you win, the more you are likely to win, I would think.

Besides, I thought everyone was saying that Paul won't sell out, he's a true American, he's got principles, he's never changed his stand. Wouldn't he end his political career in disgrace if he made a deal?

Along those lines, what could he be offered to switch?

As I said, good idea, but I have no idea how it could work.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Ron Paul campaign's long-term strategy is to win delegates. I personally believe Ron Paul will be trailing Mitt as the tortise while Mitt is the hare but caucus states and states like Texas and California would be huge players in this race, both of which are potential Ron Paul strong holds.

top topics

join