It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single mum adopts best friend's FIVE children after they lose both parents in 6 months

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface

The local council would havd to give planning permission first..
edit on 13-1-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by Rafe_

Why should she have the house she bought herself??? And land??

She wanted to pay for an extension on her own property that she bought..

The stupid council refused planning permission on work on her own house and land for bedrooms for the kids

All work paid for by HER!

BS or what!!?
edit on 13-1-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

No she did not EvanB.

From the posted article:

Julie also had a grant application for an extension to make her home more suitable turned down by the council.

A grant proposal.

A formal proposal submitted to a government or civilian entity that outlines a proposed project and shows budgetary requirements and requests monetary assistance in the form of a grant

I do not see why you are so loudly trying to tell everyone that she is being screwed by the government with wrong statements.

So what i said in my post stands. She can either A.Pay for it herself if she really does not want to move because of her new situation or B. Move either with or without the counsil help,which would then still be her choice.

edit on 13-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
what a beautiful woman.

You guys need to get on to Ellen DeGeneres Twtter and email her, ive seen her tv show were she surprises family's in a similar situation.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

This would indeed be good material for that and maybe ellen degeneres's show can help out financialy.I mean they rebuild houses for other people right ? I dont remember the shows name as i never watch TV unless i am over at someone elses place.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Julie shows great integrity. I think it is wonderful story, sad for the children to have to adjust after losing two parents but that disruption has been reduced by Julie, the children have somewhere to live and have not been separated.

And what a job! Raising 8 children? wow.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelYoung
I have to be honest, I don't see this as amazing. The amazing thing is that people think she's a hero.

No, she's a normal human being, doing the best she can. I mean, what would you do for your best friend's/ sibling's kids? Watch them get split up in foster homes, in different towns and different schools?

Newsworthy? Sure (local news only).

She's some kind of incredible hero? For doing the obvious, decent thing? That reaction kinda makes me sad.

So you think this is normal? I don't know anyone who would take in 5 kids on their own while being single and already having 3 kids. This is definitely heroic and selfless. She didn't even think about it, she just did it.

It may seem like the "normal" thing to do but when you think about it it really isnt. If this were the normal thing to do there would be less kids in foster care/orphanages. Kids lose parents everyday, not every one of them is placed with family and friends, most are put in foster care because family and or friends can't afford to take care of them. This woman didn't think of that, she thought of the kids and her friends last wish. It is really sweet imo.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I had the privilege of meeting this lady today, she is truly inspirational. I also had the privilege of being the first of a large team setting about putting the accommodation situation right. The accommodation situation will be sorted by 20th April. Those really concerned about it will see the changes soon enough.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Possibly one of the most interesting thread's I have come across on ATS in a long long while.

Good luck to her, even having one kid is like having twice the headache, and having 3 of her own kids is probably like having 6 times the headaches. And again by that math then having 8 kids is now basically like her having 16 times the headaches.

A brave and crazy lady, I think she will need all the help she gets.

edit on 6-4-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join