It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kathleen Edwards, 9 taunted on facebook by neighbor, died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Some of you might remember her, she suffered from Huntington's disease, she passed away on 12 Jan. Her neighbor taunted her and her dying mother from Facebook, causing a worldwide outrage.

After a long battle with Huntington's disease, Kathleen Edward, the 9-year-old girl who was taunted on Facebook in 2010, died at about 10 p.m. Wednesday night, according to Trenton Mayor Kyle Stack. Kathleen was at her father's house in Wyandotte when she died. Kathleen was the center of a feud with neighbors, Jennifer and Scott Petkov on Detroit Street, that eventually led to Jennifer Petkov admittingly doctoring photos to depict Edward and her late mother in a skull and cross bones and embraced by the grim reaper.

Story

Rest in Peace Kathleen

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12d6de55a6a0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
this is disturbing to say the least. may your soul be at peace little princess.
karma is gonna strike with vengance to those who did her wrong
my prayers are with her dad,and her family

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
First time I've heard of this. What a beautiful little girl.

Not that it solves anything, but reading about those neighbours makes me realise there are some people in this world I would happily queue up to punch in the mouth.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I cannot imagine that those who would torment and taunt a dying little girl, no matter what instigated this or was behind it, have a soul by my definition. I dont understand those who look at children as prey or tools to hurt others, I just don't. I heard a quote once, something along the lines of "the best way to define a civilization is by how it treats its children, ALL of its children." We do a piss poor job of this. I can bring myself to understand so many stupid immoral things that happen in this world, because it relates to economics or politics or some other tangible reason, but to hurt children is just beyond my understanding. We fail our future in so many terrible ways.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well least she is away from all the pain and the craziness of the world today, she is at rest back with the mother earth. Sad that people have a need to do this, specially to a child, not that I wish bad on anyone, but Karma is a bitch, and I hope it comes around and bites them hard.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I find it absolutely disgusting that the woman, Jennifer Petkov had not been charged for the doctored photo's she put on Facebook of Kathleens late mother and Kathleen her self, in a skull and cross bones, embraced by the grim reaper. The women knew that the child had this condition and that the mother died from the same. She openly admits that she uploaded the pictures onto Facebook which she doctored her self. .

I find it very...erm, whats the word..bias(?) that government will use things like this to bring down our freedom on the internet, they are willing to let this women go away, scott free - with nothing but her own remorse, but yet use the same kind of rare happening to say that we need more restrictions on the internet - but are not willing to take action upon the one, single culprit. This women should of been charged with something, even 1 or 2month in prison would make cowards like her self think about the actions they are doing. These are the worse kind of criminals, who hide behind their computers knowing theirs not much people can do.

R.I.P Kathleen

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I would love to see hundreds of fake facebook accounts created and these people tortured the way they did this little girl. The one thing that enrages me is people who hurt or torment children, there is no hell hot enough for those types of people.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wow, I think I might be able to handle if this happened to an adult . I am so enraged and disgusted how a grown person can do this to a child after losing their mother and waiting on death herself . This stupid inbreed selfish piece of s**t should be locked up and made an example of , personal I don't feel that is enough. Or maybe it will be enough I am sure there are lots of women in prison who will beat and degrade her , humiliate and go out of their way to make sure her time was a brutal hell.

The feeling I have inside is I would love to see this person beat to a bloody pulp for a longggggggggggggggggg time . Or a good old fashion stoning.

I have zero tolerance for people who mistreat kids.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]How is it that an adult is acting this way?

She should be ashamed of herself. That is just ridiculous....

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I honestly think dragging those two #ing monsters in the street and handing out some frontier justice is kind of justified at this point

edit on 13-1-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is a really sad story, unfortunately is it becoming common place on facebook and the like
Facebook and the others should be banned as far as minors are concerned.
If your a parent like myself, dont let your kids use social networking sites there's too many weirdos

top topics

join