It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Lilley’s Angry Boys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I was a bit disappointed. I consider Summer Heights High to be a television masterpiece and We Can Be Heroes to be very good and I held out high hopes for his follow up. It was dreadful and I thought it was just me, but it wasn’t.

The characters were annoying and throw away; a sort of collection of sketch comedy ideas that I didn’t care about. And that is the key point for me. I wanted to be a part of Lilley’s other worlds, but Angry Boys was something I merely watched out of loyalty to an original comedian who I admire.

Can he recapture the same heights [pun intended] as earlier work? Only time will tell. I just hope the reasons for Angry Boys lackluster content will be sorted by then.

A bit late in the day to say all of this, but it had been on my mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Not seen it yet but have to agree on Summer Heights High. Total genius tv - easy to tell nowadays because you actually carry on watching!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I couldnt agree more! Its like every sketch took a funny idea and made it go nowhere. We were excited to watch but I doubt we'll be tuning in again.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Chris Lilley is an obvious genius.

Like all genius's, he has to start somewhere. He has fully outgrown the 'television' format, and is gagging to move to a different format, namely film (watch this space!)

All praise to an artist who writes, directs, acts, produces mostly all of his own work...this is astounding...
At some point in his journey, he will need to include other people in his creative ministrations; and not knowing much about his psychology, I imagine that he will attempt to be as 'independant' as he has always been, in film.

The genius of Lilley is comparable to the genius of Prince, who also wrote, composed, played, produced 90-95% of all of his first 30 albums...the pathway always appears he same in these people...he appears to be a perfectionist, and has a particular message to send...this message will be lost on a great many people who for one reason or another will look at thier own idea of what the work shows...the work, though, remains!...and it goes without saying that, there would be no criticism, good or bad, if this artist had not produced the 'work'.

Kudos to Chris Lilley.

Akushla

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Chris Lilley is an obvious genius.

Like all genius's, he has to start somewhere. He has fully outgrown the 'television' format, and is gagging to move to a different format, namely film (watch this space!)

All praise to an artist who writes, directs, acts, produces mostly all of his own work...this is astounding...
At some point in his journey, he will need to include other people in his creative ministrations; and not knowing much about his psychology, I imagine that he will attempt to be as 'independant' as he has always been, in film.

The genius of Lilley is comparable to the genius of Prince, who also wrote, composed, played, produced 90-95% of all of his first 30 albums...the pathway always appears he same in these people...he appears to be a perfectionist, and has a particular message to send...this message will be lost on a great many people who for one reason or another will look at thier own idea of what the work shows...the work, though, remains!...and it goes without saying that, there would be no criticism, good or bad, if this artist had not produced the 'work'.

Kudos to Chris Lilley.

Akushla

hello. 3 questions.
1,watch this space you say. what do you know?
2,Prince; quality or quantity???
3,will CL be able to let others take over certain roles or not?

as I said, time will tell. still, SHH, was great.

new topics

top topics

join