It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Begins Caving On Own Guns Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
A little while ago a more vocal Tea Party member got caught in NYC with his gun and NYC didnt like it.

ATS Thread Here

He faced 15 years in prison.

Soon after three others found themselves in similar circumstances. A nurse from Tennessee,, a man from Ohio, and a man from Indiana.

NYC has begun to cave:

"I understand the problem of gun violence, but there has to be a better way to solve this," said Meckler's lawyer, Brian Stapleton, "Arresting law abiding citizens for declaring a licensed firearm is anti-second Amendment...its ridiculous."

Meckler too a plea to disorderly conduct and paid a $250 fine. link

Several NYC politicians have come out to state that the laws are unnecessarily restrictive there and that NYC should give them another look to adapt them to changing times. link

These incidents are costing NYC a lot of money, time and bad press. How many times can Bloomberg fall on his own sword before accepting the reality of the world beyond the island?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well this is very good news.

I do not know what brings
us together more on ATS
then gun laws..

15 years for a legal licensed
to carry gun on the wrong side
of town is crazy..

Most states have a 5 year minimum
for a felon caught with a fire arm
and these people are not even felons
getting treated like this CRAZY!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The "shall not defend yourself here" laws have never been good, in reference to the carry laws or lack there of in some states. I never heard about the man who's face nearly 20yrs for carrying a weapon and being legally able to do so....that's bananas!

They need to realize(politicos) that the average citizen doesn't have an armed security detail sniffing their neighbors' dogs arse for "threats", which leaves the average citizen up to their own devices because, "when seconds count, help is minutes away". I know what it's like to be in a situation unable to defend myself and have to wait hours for assistance, no thanks...i'll help myself.
edit on 13-1-2012 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

new topics

join