It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama seeks power to merge agencies...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Yet, I can see no downside to this at all. I wonder what it could be? There may be no downside but I really, really, really feel that there is. Why?

Well lets see... downside..

Hitler when he took power started cutting out the opposition. Less people in government means less you need to control if you want to be a dictator

Seems to me that might be a downside... depending on hidden agenda vs true intent

Just saying

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Yet, I can see no downside to this at all. I wonder what it could be? There may be no downside but I really, really, really feel that there is. Why?

Hitler when he took power started cutting out the opposition. Less people in government means less you need to control if you want to be a dictator

Seems to me that might be a downside... depending on hidden agenda vs true intent

Just saying

So then everyone who calls for cuts to the size of government is (or is supporting) a potential Hitler? The entire GOP party is a bunch of Hitler wannabes? Reagan was Hitler? Ron Paul is Hitler? I'm confused.....

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Just saying

Didn't think your answer through..did you? Just opened your mouth without engaging your brain!!

Just saying

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by 46ACE
I'm Twisted: I'm all for smaller govt.However;Its uncharacteristic of a "democrat"to reduce the size of govt.I need to look to see what the "left" hand is doing behind his back.

He's not "reducing" the size of Government, likely no jobs would be lost. What he's essentially doing is saying ok all of this is now under this name. All forms come from one place, all questions answered in one place. But all the departments still do their job, still cover the same areas .. the "redundancy" of paperwork is eliminated.

It is the "commerce clause" that trumps the 10th amendment in high courts over taxation and choking restrictions interstate. This admin wants to put more agencies under the protective wings of that commerce clause by placing them in the commerce department.

Such a stunningly simple reason why this is being done.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's too late; people no longer believe any intentions he may have. He has lost all credibility

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hmmm...

This from Jan 12th ....

(CNSNews.com) – Tom Donohue, president and CEO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, said the estimated 12 million aliens working illegally in the United States should somehow be made “official” by the government so they can continue to work, but not automatically “make them citizens.”

Donohue made his remarks during a press conference following his speech on Thursday at a State of American Business 2012 event in Washington, D.C. CNSNews.com asked Donohue, “You mentioned in your speech the importance of immigration on the economy and economic growth and I wondered if you would expand and tell me what the Chamber thinks should be done this year as far as immigration reform goes?” ...

Donohue answered by talking about unfilled jobs in America and seasonal workers and then said, “We have to deal with the reality that there are – I don’t know, you pick a number – 12 million working in this country who are here illegally. It’s quieted down some because of the pressure on the border.”

Chamber of Commerce on Illegals: 'Make Them Official So ... They Can Continue to Work Here'

He Sounds Like Nancy Pelosi

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join