It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: CNN reporter Dana Bash gets "Snowballed" by Ron Paul supporters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
reply to post by Littikani

See, your post is a great example of why Paul supporters don't take you seriously.

Take me seriously? What am I trying to convince Ron Paul supporters of?

THIS IS WHY YOU ARE ALLLLLLLLLLLL KINDS OF WRONG.

You are SUPPOSED to be getting me to take you seriously and convince me to support Ron Paul. That is how you actually get him elected. Do you not want that? You need LOTS of people to vote for him, not just passionate people.

What is there to take seriously from me? Completely ignore me if you like. Just know that will do even less to convince me or anyone like me to support Ron Paul with you.

Your intent is really not to learn his platform or what he believes, is it?

Actually yes. I have some seriously questions about Ron Paul. I like what it seems he tries to speak for but I have some issues with the details.
I tried telling myself that a lot of people support him so I should go over those questions with them and perhaps they could clear up any misconceptions or help me see things differently.
Instead I always get this.
First you insult me, then you pretend to know what I mean and think and want.
Does it end with you telling me angrily to not vote for Ron Paul then anyway? I have heard that one far too often lately. It makes me wonder why I cannot question Ron Paul or why his supporters thing being selfish with votes for him helps him at all.

If you want someone to hold your hand and throw flowers your way...pretty easy to find. I am sure Gingrich and Romney love those that are that easy to please.

You could not have missed that point by more. I am not looking for anyone to do any of those things but the fact of the matter is that there are more people running for president than Ron Paul and in a room full of people tossing flowers at me and someone in the corner telling me to go take my stupid questions about Ron Paul and stick them up my ass, guess who will probably end up with my support.
Again I ask. Do you want people to support Ron Paul or do you just want to be the most Ron Paul supporter there ever was by yourself?

What do you think Ron Paul wants? Do you think if I told him that I had questions about his platforms he would tell me to # off and go vote for Obama anyway?
I do not.
Why do you guys do it?

Getting "off topic" means you are discussing issues that don't pertain to the OP, that is what I tried to point out to you. I am not against it, however. Just be real.

I am not sure what you are referring to here. I guess I missed a post.

As for Paul's numbers, the link showed how they are rising. Did you read it? I am quite aware that the DNC doesn't listen to their voters either, as Obama's numbers in the primary are far above his actual support within the Democratic Party.

I knew you would find some way to bring up Obama for no reason. Yes Ron Paul's numbers are rising. So is employment. Want to argue the value of numbers?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

why did she say its like the Israeli Arab conflict
zionist at CNN always bring that up
she is a proud zionist thats for sure

Probably because nobody fighting for that conflict realizes there's no good side and the world would be better if both sides just dropped dead tomorrow.

In her eyes, most Ron Paul folks don't see anything except the media and their leader.

To be honest, she isn't that far off from the truth. Not to defend her, but after a few years on a sight like this, most people are, in fact, unable to see objectively.

And yes, you see from my banner that I support Ron Paul. But that doesn't mean I haven't noticed that there are just as many sheep under him as anybody else. That's also why I don't really have a problem with people behaving like sheep. It's clearly a universal human nature. I have a problem with bad shepherds.

And dare I derail this thread, Zionism has to do with believing a nation for Israel should exist. What you warp that definition to mean beyond that is your own prejudiced.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

The difference is a news broadcasting service is not just a personal business. They are there saying and people relying on them giving the facts of events. If they are another tabloid then they need to quit telling everyone that they are news service. The actual MSM is now what use to be alternative news. In my opinion they should all be treated the way Canada just treated Fox (Faux) news.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
She deserved it. She has directly demonstrated her bias against Ron Paul on live TV, therefore she has no business reporting on him while claiming to be fair or balanced...

She is a private person doing her job for her private company.

Now please tell me Ron Paul is going to come in and regulate them for you. That is what you want right? Would you like Coke to change its recipe? Dennys to stop serving pancakes?

What else do Ron Paul supporters demand private businesses be forced to do?

For everyone's sake, CNN should swap her out with someone that actually is unbiased towards him. She appeared to be a hair away from losing it there, with all those polite and honest questions being directed at her from Paul's supporters. How unfair.

Why should CNN do that? Free market. If you do not like what CNN is selling, do not buy it. According to Ron Paul the free market will regulate all. CNN will lose ratings, noone will advertise, it will go off the air.

Oh, sorry you would rather someone force them to do what you like because you are a Ron Paul supporter.

In other news, you know anti-Paul ATS members are grasping for straws to display their distaste for Ron Paul when they fall back on the "cult members" gabfest.

Or you know Ron Paul supporters have lost the plot when they freak the # out because a private business is not forced to bend to their will.

I LOVE THIS THREAD.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I am worried about corporate elitism and the government utilizing illegitimate authority to steamroll over me and destroy my family over utter bs.

See right here. As far as I cant tell, much of what Ron Paul stands for equates to giving corporations even more power. I have tried to address this and all I ever get in response is called names.
So either I am wrong and I should be corrected so that I might change my mind
or
I am wrong and I am bad person for not just being right already and should stay wrong
or
I am right.

I feel safe I will get an answer soon.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

The difference is a news broadcasting service is not just a personal business.

CNN is a private business owned by private people. There is no difference.

They are there saying and people relying on them giving the facts of events.

According to Ron Paul, if they do a bad job at it they will go out of business so what are you all whining about?

If they are another tabloid then they need to quit telling everyone that they are news service.

Why? Who are you to dictate to that private company what they call themselves? They are well within their rights to call themselves news and say anything they want. This is Ron Pauls freaking platform. What the hell planet am I on??????

The actual MSM is now what use to be alternative news. In my opinion they should all be treated the way Canada just treated Fox (Faux) news.

You mean regulated by the government?
That is what happened there.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
She said it was a little scary... You guys should listen. Sometimes Paul supporters come across as a cult. It's scary to people who are not aware of what's going on in this country.

Your avarice for getting Ron Paul elected is scaring people away. People like these supporters TURN ME OFF of Ron Paul. Every time I see something like this, I wonder if you know how you're appearing to people who AREN'T head over heels in love with Paul.

If you want to continue to get what you're getting (news media ignoring Paul and saying he's 'unelectable', calling him 'out there' and his supporters 'crazed and forceful') keep doing what you're doing.

:shk:

I KNOW!!!
Those people are so dang courteous. That is so scary!

Did you see the woman that mouthed out the words "I love you Obama"..wait, what?
Oh yeah, that was another group...yeah, scary scary traits of courtesy and clarity. Almost cult like in the consistancy of it by one right after the other. I'm waiting for them to start calling people racists for disagreeing...you know, like the other popular cult out there. But they do seem to be too courteous to go there...scary!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
Fox News noticed Dana's bias -

Judge Napolitano Reports on Super PAC's Call for Dana Bash Reassignment

Anyone who's taken one journalism class knows - no personal opinions allowed!
edit on 13-1-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

He writes after posting the opininion of a supposed journalist?
That is not FOX News. FOX news is rather anti Paul. I would guess anyone that has taken a journalism class learned something about facts as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
They might be a private company but they do public broadcasts and a public service - which they aren't doing so well.

What's scary is people that are informed. What's scary are people that are passionate about wanting change.

It's not just about Ron Paul - after this election - no matter who wins or loses - we've got to stick together.

If they want to call us a cult - fine - we'll be the Cult of Revolution.
Maybe they are wise to be scared- the corrupt have to go, the stupid have to give way to the smart, the spendthrifts need to give way to the frugal and wise.

Our Holy document can be the US Constitution.
edit on 14-1-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Dana totally got Bashed!

I bet she'll vote RP

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Michelle - you need to calm down. A little bored now that the kids are back in school? Barry's preoccupied with his wars and executive orders. Taking over the world is a hard job. Ron Paul is his biggest threat, I know, but you really want to go back to Chicago anyway, don't you?

edit on 14-1-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Who does Dana think she's fooling?

Mainstream media reporters get instructions from up top who instruct them how and what to ask the person they are trying to lift up or bring down. Anyone who believes otherwise is naive.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Littikani
CNN is a private company and Ron Paul supporters here are protesting the fact that CNN does not want to do business with them.

Oh god the irony.

Any Ron Paul supporter out there even get that?
What was wrong with the CRA according to Ron Paul?
It took away your freedom to decide who you do business with (Not in reality) but that is his answer.

Keep protesting CNN choosing not to do business with you.

#ing hilarious!

Not at all. They were protesting CNN for providing a fraudulent service, that service being journalism. The reporter claimed multiple times that her reporting was 'objective', when it is clearly not. Providing fraudulent services (i.e., the entire MSM) has no place in a free market.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainIraq

Not at all. They were protesting CNN for providing a fraudulent service, that service being journalism.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is nothing fraudulent about what CNN was doing.
Either you have no idea what fraud is or the law you are about to show me is going to blow me away.

The reporter claimed multiple times that her reporting was 'objective', when it is clearly not.

So what? As a private person working for her private company, there is no law against her saying she is objective. You want President Ron Paul to make a new law forcing private business to only use words you approve of?

Providing fraudulent services (i.e., the entire MSM) has no place in a free market.

You have no idea what you are talking about. There is no fraud. You do not like the service you get from a private company and you want the government to make them play your way.

HILARIOUS.
You are going to have to both demonstrate and prove fraud.
Fraud is an actual thing.
Diet Pepsi does not make men all look like construction workers. I never protested Pepsi's right to sell it that way. I both some new shoes recently that promised to make me way sexier. Should I sue if I am not feeling super sexy? I played a game the other night and did not have fun. Want to help me sue the company that makes the game for not being what I define as fun? Obviously these things are all frauds according to you because we can now just make up what fraud is and slap it on anything we want.

How can you seriously call yourself a Ron Paul supporter and spout this crap? A whole thread of Ron Paul supporters crying because a private company is not being regulated by the government more. WOW!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia

Michelle - you need to calm down. A little bored now that the kids are back in school? Barry's preoccupied with his wars and executive orders. Taking over the world is a hard job. Ron Paul is his biggest threat, I know, but you really want to go back to Chicago anyway, don't you?

edit on 14-1-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

Can you explain this?

Is this another Ron Paul supporter just being a rude ass---- for no reason?
Or does this post mean anything?

What have I said bad about Ron Paul? Nothing. What have I said good about Obama? Nothing. Why are you calling me Michelle? I have to guess because you are an angry 15 year old boy like most Ron Paul supporters.

Look how you won my ass over!
edit on 14-1-2012 by Littikani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Do any of you Ron Paul supporters in this thread understand how you become president? It appears not. It takes votes. You know, votes FOR Ron Paul specifically. How many are you guys rounding up for him?

The only thing I have said about Ron Paul is that he does not seem perfect and that I have some questions about his platform.

THAT IS IT.

How many posts in this thread attacked me on a personal level and made me want to hate Ron Paul supporters?
How many posts in this thread addressed my concerns and got me to plan to vote for Ron Paul?

Which outcome are you guys really looking for?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I am worried about corporate elitism and the government utilizing illegitimate authority to steamroll over me and destroy my family over utter bs.

See right here. As far as I cant tell, much of what Ron Paul stands for equates to giving corporations even more power. I have tried to address this and all I ever get in response is called names.
So either I am wrong and I should be corrected so that I might change my mind
or
I am wrong and I am bad person for not just being right already and should stay wrong
or
I am right.

I feel safe I will get an answer soon.

No, corporations will lose power under Paul because right now corporations have 3 major unfair advantages.

1) Massive Govt Subsidies
2) Massive Govt Contracting (military etc)
3) Heavy Govt Regulations (which kill small business competition)

Undermining the corporations here will be a major blow to their power, and their investors may pull out.

This would be the reverse of helping corporations, because it would be crippling them.

Also, by going back towards a more free market oriented system, small businesses would have less regulations and operating costs, and would be able to compete with large corporations more easily.

So actually you assumed incorrectly. Corporations fear Paul's platform intensely due to these 3 main reasons.

Regulations, Subsidies, and Irresponsible Govt Contracting is what allows corporations to have incredible power like today but when we pull this rug out from under them, their investors will see profits dropping quickly and will pull out, and this could collapse many of these mega-corps.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

How many posts in this thread attacked me on a personal level and made me want to hate Ron Paul supporters?
How many posts in this thread addressed my concerns and got me to plan to vote for Ron Paul?

What if they are disinfo agents working for the other candidates and trying to make people dislike RP by just talking a bunch of smack? You never know...

You can ask me any questions and I will address them appropriately in a proper format however.
So let me know any other issues you may have and I will help you find legitimate answers.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Correct the MSM is not required to tell the truth or give equal air time to candidates anymore.

The so called Fairness Doctrine has been repealed so now news agencies can shill for their favorite candidates and ignore or bad-mouth the opposition.

Also terming the activities of many news agencies as "fraud" is somewhat incorrect.
The correct terminology would be "propaganda" or partiality.

Also we have "lying by omission":

Also known as a continuing misrepresentation, a lie by omission occurs when an important fact is left out in order to foster a misconception. Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions. When the seller of a car declares it has been serviced regularly but does not tell that a fault was reported at the last service, the seller lies by omission.

Cronyism also plays an important role :

Cronyism is partiality to long-standing friends, especially by appointing them to positions of authority, regardless of their qualifications.

Cronyism exists when the appointer and the beneficiary are in social contact; often, the appointer is inadequate to hold his or her own job or position of authority, and for this reason the appointer appoints individuals who will not try to weaken him or her, or express views contrary to those of the appointer.

edit on 14-1-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Hey muzzle,
Good luck with the exchange, hope you fare better than I did. Paul supporters are labeled fanatical, but I am reminded of the actual definition when I read her responses.
I am quite sure, with all of the side and off topic issues that are brought up, that the intentions of some here are only to throw mud, and not to operate in good faith in search of the truth.
Bash has clearly been outed to a great many people, and we can thank Paul supporters for this. For that, I am quite proud. That is how we make a difference, IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join