It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gee I hope I sleep tonight...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
haven't been able to sleep soundly for nearly a week. I feel tired and then get into bed and think that I will crash out but then I get into bed and am wide awake but exhausted.

it sux. I just with I could turn my brain off and stop thinking. I think it is worse too to dream heaps, it is like I don't turn off at all so I wake up and the whole night I have been dreaming.

usually a night cap will help me to sleep but that isn't working.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Could be whatever you're eating past a certain time. I know I have trouble sleeping any time I splash out and have something delightful before bed.
If it isn't that, then I'm not sure. Some peaceful music could help, you could do mental exercises to relax your body and mind prior to sleeping.

If you have a decent diet and meditation or music doesn't help you sleep then it could be worthwhile to consider it a symptom.
At the same time, you could just have mentally trained yourself to subconsciously not view your bed for sleeping. If you ofen fall asleep in a particular chair, you could be associating that position with rest and sleep and your mind isn't aware you want to sleep.

The itch you feel as you're trying to fall asleep is your body testing to see if you're awake. If you move, it will see you're awake and not fall asleep.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Hello is that me?? Cause you sound like me haha!
All jokes aside, check out my thread here made last night which was my fifth consecutive night of no sleep. I know exactly how you feel!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TOMFROMOZ

oh thx I didn't see that one... reading it now.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Necrocharadon

ty for your advice. I have tried a lot of stuff but other than a sleeping pill (when I am desperate) it doesn't work.

how can I turn my mind off? I have tried herbal tea, managing diet and *cough, something else.

none of it works. My doc said to me, an orgasm releases chemicals in the brain that help to relax and none of it works.

I am over it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Try this... take it seriously, when I had insomnia it worked for me.... even though you are not suffering from insomnia. Lay down and relax. First consentrate on letting all mussles go limp. Focus on your preathing, slow it down if needed, close your eyes, (laying on my back worked for me) when your eyes are closed relax them. Let them stay closed on their own. You should "see" white shapes of sorts behind your eye lids. Let the white shape\shapes overwhelm and consume you. It should put you to sleep in minutes.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by punisher2012

I am willing to try just about anything... I will try it too along with the milk and peanut butter recipe I just read on the other thread.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I managed about an hour last night which was the most I'd had in a night since last Saturday. Strange thing is, today I feel fine not tired at all. Every other day since it started happening I was a mess but for some reason I feel well rested. Go figure, over the last five nights I've had a total of no more than 4hrs sleep.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

well it really sux. I have to go to work each morning and I feel when I am at work, like death but I just can't sleep.

I live in a really bad area. Aboriginal Communities fight amonst themselves and this is not anything that you would be used to. It isn't typical hooo har noise fighting. This is axes and fires and police closing the street, riot cops coming in and it is never too far away. Just as I start to feel like I am drifting off, relaxing, I will hear of some fighting and the sounds are horrible.

then there is sirens to go with it, that is prolly why I just can't relax?

I was sharing a house before with a guy and we were both in the house and a person broke into the house with a stick that he had whittled so it would be sharp. I walked into the house from the back veranda and there is the guy I am sharing with pushing this guy out the front door and fighting.

omg

anyway, now I have my own place and I live on my own and it is secure but I am still scared. It is like I don't sleep deeply just in case something happens.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
and yanno what, right now as I type this there is a group of people in the street behind me having a big party with alcohol and I can hear them all shouting and a fight won't be too far away.

and there is police and ambo sirens going somewhere and it is nearby.

It is like a war zone here. True.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
and omg how could anyone sleep while a drunken man is screaming and psychotic running around in the street, yelling at everyone in the house to let him in and if they don't he is going to kill his wife and burn his little baby.
How many times do I have to lay awake and hear this and call the cops.

the sob can't be that bad cos as soon as the cops get there, he switches over to being nice and cooperative????

????

I have to move but where the hell to? It is all the same and the area I am in is better than the majority of other places in the town.

edit on 13/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Geez sounds like you're doin it pretty tough. Are you in the eastern states or in the territory maybe? Fortunately most my life I've lived in pretty remote areas so noise is rarely an issue and certainly not playing a part in this latest bout of insomnia. Be kinda nice if it was the reason though, at least I'd have a reason as to why I can't sleep. Then again I have seen first hand how some aboriginal communities descend on each other. It ain't pretty and can be scary.
Hope you find a cure quick, then share your secret with me!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

well for you, there must be something on your mind to keep you awake?

what are you worrying about?

please tell me it isn't the cricket

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

My advice is leave that town. No one should have to put up with dickheads like that. What a goose!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

My mind races at a fast pace but it's nothing in particular. I have issues like everyone else but nothing I would lose any sleep over (pardon the pun) I've addressed this as a cause but any past issues haven't caused this sorta sleeplessness so don't think it's relative. Oh and it def ain't the cricket although I'm off to the game tomorrow so hopefully the excitement doesn't keep me awake.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I can't just get up and leave my job. I am going to have to do something about it.

My granny lives in an area that used to be peaceful but then some ceduna mob and mixed with the local mob and fighting started, big fights.

anyway, the area has had rioting and major violence, the house next door to my granny, a ceduna chick lived there with her kids and she was bashed and raped by about 12 local tribe men. my poor granny had blood and guts on her veranda and police there all the time for various other issues, but the last one was by far the worst.

anyway, it is fairly quiet now because when the chick was airlifted to the city hospital, she never came back. My poor granny had to sit in her house and hear all that bad stuff. We called the cops, welfare everyone and the gov depts were all bs. they came in after and by then it was little too late.

a murder happened in the next st over from where she lives and the newspaper lied and said it was death by natural causes. terrible stuff.

edit on 13/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Of course you can. It may seem scary making a change like that but you're better off doing that then sticking around and perhaps getting caught up in it all. And certainly don't do something about it yourself. You could always call the authorities but fair chance nothing will eventuate if you did. They seem to turn a blind eye the majority of the time.
Seriously though, putting yourself at risk is an option you prolly shouldn't consider just to be safe.

On topic: Sounds like all this could be the root of your problem or at least a major factor. Go stay with a friend for a night as far away from all this crap as poss, perhaps you'll sleep soundly.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
For a change I had good reason not to sleep well last night..
In the vain quest for at least one night out worth of curly hair, I slept in my curlers.
Sexy I am not...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Hahahaha you go girlfriend haha! Hope it was worth it and you enjoy the night out!

top topics

join