It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are the civilization of Atlantis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
What is Atlantis?

Atlantis WIKI

"Crantor adds, that this is testified by the prophets of the Egyptians, who assert that these particulars [which are narrated by Plato] are written on pillars which are still preserved."

Egyptians, why does it always come back to them. Pyramids. We still have no idea how they were built. If you believe slave labor hauled those large stones to build the pyramids. Stop reading now.

We could do this tho. If we wanted to and we put our collective minds together. We are Atlantis.

Look at how our society is becoming, it's all electric. Would it be hard to imagine that all our knowledge could be lost in an instant?

Can you build a computer from the resources in your yard?
Can you even make a wheel?

The big question, can we destroy ourselves?

We are Atlantis, or at least Atlantis 2.0.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Can i ask a question?

Why are most Americans obsessed with Atlantis?
edit on 13-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Nobody is obsessed with Atlantis. It's an interesting topic. If you're not interested don't reply to topics regarding Atlantis.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

It must only be interesting to Americans

I'll give some examples:

-Ancient Aliens mentions it
-Just about every UF0 show mentions Atlantis
-Just about every Conspiracy show mentions Atlantis

And the fact is, Every single American 'theory' show has something to do with Atlantis.
Even with intereseting American shows, it is very predictable, they always find ways to include Atlantis.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

the stargate movie and the tv show were really good....until it sided off and turned into STARGATE ATLANTIS .

i think your on to something

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I think you may be right. Something I read last year about time and mythology gave me a similar thought.

I think some of the mythological stories might actually be prophetic. If the world has been around for millions of years, then perhaps we've done this before. Humanity or whatever we are might be running the same reel over and over again. Could also mean that we are in hell.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Interesting topic, I mean it does look like were destroy ourselves, and with all the crime and takeover that's been going on. I don't know much about the topic but from my knowledge we had Mayans, Sumers, and Olmec or the "rubber people" Wtf? Maybe Atlantis will be lost forever, maybe it never existed, Maybe We are Atlantis 2.0, and Maybe i'm coocoo for Coco Puffs. Scientist cant always give info, but i believe there were people on this planet further back than we know. Cant Always Shut information Down, Just Saying

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I had a theory about this.

What if before the continent broke to what we see today. are in fact remains of Atlantis, What if the destruction of Atlantis was the one continent breaking up, And that led to Homers writings of the destruction of the city. I think I remember a article saying there was different languages spoken within Atlantis although this is debatable
, So that could be the reason we have the languages of today. But we may never truly know

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Atlantis only? I don't think so! Etonites amount for some, or Sumar type origins. But there were groups that were different, more Lyra and Vega and Lemuria based. We're here too! We're not into control. Turn the pyramid upside down please, and snap to it!
edit on 13-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join