It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocker: 18% of Dems in NH Vote for...Wait for it...Ron Paul!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

On write in votes, no less!

I knew there were some smart liberals somewhere!

Almost one in five New Hampshire Democratic primary voters cast their ballots Tuesday for someone other than Barack Obama.

The president still won the primary with a handsome majority: 81.9 percent of the vote.

But the fact that more than 18 percent of New Hampshire voters who took Democratic primary ballots chose to write in the name of another candidate—anti-war Republican Ron Paul was the second-place finisher in the primary with 2,273 write-ins—or to vote for one of the little-known contenders whose names were on the ballot with Obama’s begs a question: What if a prominent progressive had mounted a primary challenge to the president?

www.thenation.com...

I mean that's pretty darn amazing, to finish in second place in the DEMOCRATIC primary! And just to overstate the obvious, Ron Paul is on the Republican ticket- people want him so bad they wrote his name in! Smart people!

edit on Fri Jan 13th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

just more evidence that Dr. Paul is, imho, the only candidate capable of beating Barack Obama in the general election.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I believe it is evidence of something else..

The message of freedom does not know party lines. Freedom brings people together.

It's that simple.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You may be interested in this article that also talks about it:

www.democratsforronpaul.com...

Just another source that I had found earlier. Fairly exciting news, I think, that serves to illustrate the wide-raging appeal of Paul amongst voters across the political spectrum. I'm no fan of the two-party system myself, but glad to see that many are finding hope in his message.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
From the exit polling I've seen Ron Paul should have won Iowa, and maybe New Hampshire as well. I have a feeling the votes aren't getting counted properly. People too easily assume everything is on the up and up in America. Who, us rigging our own elections? Heavens no! We stick our noses in everybody else's elections around the world to make sure they don't cheat. For that to happen here is inconceivable.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by linux2216

"Black Box Voting" look it up. It's already happening.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Here is some details from Boston Globe

town by town.

and a link to the ballot (Dem) with 14 names.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

even the Dems are riled up.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
whilst I have as much chance of voting for ron paul as I do at winning the ms universe contest I would (as a citizen of this planet) love to see Dr Paul in charge of the (once) proud ship america, lets be honest, the US is currently seen as the proverbial schoolyard bully of the planet. how did that happen??? a country formed on the concepts of freedom and liberty with one of the most concise and logical documents ever written to assist its citizens in running the country. I fervently believe it needs to be pulled out of the dusty corner and read again!

good luck america....hope you dont get screwed over....again

new topics

top topics

join