It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on tape: Beating at the Cherokee County Jail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychNurse
That's not a beating...

Your right, its not a beating, its attempted murder.

The guy is slammed head first to the ground with his hands cuffed behind his back.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
In the 2nd video with the lawyer, the newscast begins with the statement "An alleged jailhouse beating", Its pretty damn hard to call it alleged, all you need to do is watch the damn video. Unless I'm hallucinating and that's actually a video of a duck swimming in a pond, then I'd say yeah, he got a beating.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
stupid jobs like flipping burgers require drug testing. yet armed thugs with badges don't.

if it were implemented, the police agencies would make baseballs steroid era seem pathetic in comparison.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Slickinfinity

I agree it's excessive... But they're there because society can't manage them. And that is there job!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You know all that bullying that we hear about in school? Well, bullying isn't new.
Ever wonder where those big jerks went after H.S.? There is your answer.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Toffeeapple

That's a beating!!!!! Charge them and fire them!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I never get used to seeing these things.

Talk about an absolute shame...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
lol why is it called "foxTWENTYTHREE"?..first time i saw this site

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
glad he is suing..big time...cops are not the same anymore..how sad...this guys life is distroyed of a traffic ticket and hands cuffs that were to tight...wow..just wow...thanks for sharing the info..

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
How can anyone defend the actions of these "enforcers of the peace?" Even IF he was yelling and spit on the cop, that is NOT justification, NOR is it procedure. I highly doubt that he did anything similar, given that his offense was for traffic tickets.

So even if we accept that the detainee did what he allegedly did, why is it okay for a cop to punch him in the face, and then slam his head into the hard floor, which caused a fracture in his spinal column? I hope he wins his lawsuit, because maybe that will tempt the police force to shape up.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Here maybe this will help everyone understand why this guy got his face smashed in....

RealJustice - 12/14/2011 5:48 PM

I just watched it again on the news and I want so much to have compassion on him. I really don't hate him. But he said two things tonight: 1 - "My life will never be the same." Well, niether will my granddaughter's and she is now 12 years old. He and his wife and mother in law allowed her to be raped over and over by a grown man and she was 5 years old. She has paid so much for that these 7 years. 2. "Things happen for a reason" So what could a 5 year old have done that she needed that to happen to her for a reason? There was proof... videos (like he had), of her being interviewed. Her having to go to court to face her rapist 4 times. She has physical and emotional scars that will always remain. Daniel Ray Bosh was the one person who could have testified to what he had seen and was willing to, until Cherrl seduced him back into her life over and over again. He just wouldn't testify, the DA from there told us we couldn't win. Vincent LeCompte recieved a 20 year DEFERRED Sentence, Debra, his wife and Cherrl and Daniel Bosh got absolutely no charges against them. But my granddaughter will always remember how they didn't protect her, how her meme would roll over and go to sleep, how Cherrl would put her into the bathtub with Papa Vince, and how Daniel allowed it to happen. This isn't the first time the Police there have seen Daniel Ray Bosh in that Jail. They know him and his wife quite well. She files protective orders against him... but she does that over everyone including her own family. They have felony charges, misdemeanors, violent out rages like her slashing up a women's car as my granddaughter watched trembling, etc. And guess what? Those police in that Tahlequah station will see Daniel and Cherrl Bosh several more times before he ever goes to court. Yeah, it wasn't good to see him hurt like that because I really don't think he is all there. I mean, kinda 'special', you know? But I think sometimes they get frustrated with those kind as well.

So this scumbag got his face smashed and vertebrae broken. That was a GOOD start!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure what's more disturbing the violence itself or the media bending over backwards to give the states "side" of the story.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I have seen some of the corruption firsthand. I once was witness to a murder of a teenage girl, and when I called the police and they came, they acted like they didn't want to deal with it and told me that the girl committed suicide. Evidently they had found and stopped the 2 guys that did it, and the guys said that she jumped to her death so they let them go. It was Bull because I actually saw the guys push the girl over the edge to her death with my own eyes and I heard her pleas for them to stop and to let her go but they killed her anyways. I checked the newspapers over the next few days and a couple days later, I found her obit, and I still have it to this day. I still become saddened and scared whenever I think about it. That little girl never got justice. This happened in Minneapolis.

There have been a few other things I have seen, but the above is the worst experience by far. I am a law abiding person and have never been into trouble, but I know that means nothing nowadays as the police will kill even honest citizens for doing nothing wrong. I wish so bad that we could leave the country. We are too afraid here nowadays.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hmmm, Was just reading a nice commentary on the veteran who began to photograph the abuse by police of the woman in Austin:

lewrockwell.com...

Seems fitting to add it here...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It is in Oklahoma, its called fox 23 because that is the channel that fox has here in oklahoma. As for the other side of the story I posted the whole story and video which tells both sides of the story. If you're asking why I didn't add in the OP that the reason for his treatment was he looked as if he was about to spit on the officer its all in the link provided.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SinDefiant

Epic Failure on the LEOs part. There official side is still not cause for that excessive amount of force to an individual who is clearly in restraints and posing no immediate threat. Spit or not spit, that was uncalled for.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

Agreed there are atleast 5 guards in the room. The cop could have easily side stepped grabbed the cuffs and held him there until the others arrived. Instead he opted to slam his head into the counter then headlock and fall back slamming his head into the ground. When he couldnt even soften the blow with his arms because they were handcuffed behind him.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SinDefiant

Notice how the Jailer who approached the cuffed man was very confrontational as well. I may not be able to hear them but I can see him getting right in the cuffed man's face and escalating it. Just poor judgement on the Jailer's part and now as usual, a lot of damn fine LEOs get a bad reputation for yet another a-hole's misconduct.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychNurse
reply to post by Slickinfinity

I agree it's excessive... But they're there because society can't manage them. And that is there job!

wait wait wait,,,, this guy wasn't a violent criminal who'd just been caught doing a drive by or robbing a bank,,,, it was a traffic violation wasn't it??

As a member of society I can confidently say I really don't need some thug in a uniform to beat this poor man for me.

and your comment suggest that Law Enforcement Officer's exist outside of society is exactly the same attitude they have and part of why they think they can go around and pile drive some poor motorist in hand cuffs......

Cops [should] exist to ensure that real criminals [like rapists, murderers and paedophiles etc] are tried and punished justly and NOT dealt with by the rest of society....... So their PRIMARY objective should be ensuring the safety of criminals so they get dealt with by a court of law in a way that is Just and Fair!!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
What state was this in? There's lots of Cherokee counties I think?

It's hard for me to give cops the benefit of the doubt. Once I was stopped for making a right turn on red. I sat there from 12 am-2am and when I asked the cop how much longer it would be, he answered me with "Do you want me to take you to jail right now?" It was a simple traffic ticket. I never will understand that. Yes, I made a right turn on red without stopping, I only slowed down, but the streets were completely empty, and I was just trying to go home from work.

I think its S.C. cops are real a holes there. I once got the crap beat out of me there because I was out past curfew during a huricane. Everyone was but I mouthed off. They let me go because they were sure I was going to sue and I should have but it was just good to be out. They beat me with there night sticks on my leg till it looked like it was broken. I was drunk and mouthing off so they got rid of me before I sobered up and started hurting.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join