It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Information Act slammed by Presidential Orders - UNCONSTITUTIONAL?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mrgregbusybee

yeah i tried to start a petition but it wont even let me to the page to do it.. i made an account and confirmed it.. logged in and when i got to make a petition it tells me im logged in but i have to log in to make a petition.. way to go us gov

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:
i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Terms and Conditions of Use

edit on Sat Jan 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Mod note per the T&C's

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
op, it's called the NDAA act, which not only crucified the freedom of information act, but made it null and void.very good eye, as i have not seen anyone else observing this. Hey, but do not forget the Secretary of Defense can now take bribes as well. The great U.S. of A has become a whore. the institution has now been bought out, paid for, and a bunch of whores

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

sorry about that...i was trying to give him a website i had used to obtain a free petition....

( won't happen again

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Yes they all have...and the FOIA was just a BS "here we will give you something to shut you up" act while the plot was drawn for what's happening now. I'm so angry!!!

I guess I upset the site...sorry guys!!!!

anyway...thanks for reading and commenting. I saw something interesting last night...someone pointed me to Obamas campaign back in the day....and he said he would allow the public to sit in on meetings and see bills online for 5 days before he agreed to sign them and the people would have a say.....did we have a say in anything? NO....look at all the Orders he's signed during 3 years...it's sickening. did you know he spent more money in 3 years than all other presidents combined? fact.

anyway...thanks again. I guess I will continue to search and look for something that's true out of this white house. and presidential orders definitely are unconstitutional

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is, even before the Obama administration took office, multiple administrations that preceded have shown an outright blatant disregard for constitutional rights and liberties of American citizens. King Obama is going to do as he pleases whether we the people agree with it or not. The only thing, at this point, that can cause any change are not protests, or petitions, nor letters of dissatisfaction. We are too far beyond that. A massive reform of government is needed, and the only way that will be obtained is if we - excuse my graphic description - forcefully take out of office every greedy, treasonous SOB and string them up. In other words, we have reached the boiling point and we have two choices. Sit back and let freedoms be taken from us slowly, or take matters into our own hands. I guess the word I'm looking for is 'revolution,' not to sound too extreme, or sound too controversial here. But that is the honest truth in my eyes. I don't see any other way if they are choosing to ignore the ruling class; the people.

Peace
edit on 14-1-2012 by blackmirage0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Funny, you say that i have every Political Science Proffesor, saying the same thing, worring about if their kids, hell their family will have a constituton to live by, or are we now below the MAGNA-CARTA of 1215, hey, don't worry, grab a the next itunes, or exbox. the u.s. citizens are XXXXed, not this azz clown-president term, No, the next presidency. then throw in mandatory health-care. lol. Health care is cool, when the masses pay for it on the general public taxes, but hey throw in everyone must have, even if their under-employeed, and not making a wage. lol, the great U.S. of A. is now a indedtured servitude state, you have never seen, or observed before, it's going to get ugly.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmirage0311
The fact of the matter is, even before the Obama administration took office, multiple administrations that preceded have shown an outright blatant disregard for constitutional rights and liberties of American citizens. King Obama is going to do as he pleases whether we the people agree with it or not. The only thing, at this point, that can cause any change are not protests, or petitions, nor letters of dissatisfaction. We are too far beyond that. A massive reform of government is needed, and the only way that will be obtained is if we - excuse my graphic description - forcefully take out of office every greedy, treasonous SOB and string them up. In other words, we have reached the boiling point and we have two choices. Sit back and let freedoms be taken from us slowly, or take matters into our own hands. I guess the word I'm looking for is 'revolution,' not to sound too extreme, or sound too controversial here. But that is the honest truth in my eyes. I don't see any other way if they are choosing to ignore the ruling class; the people.

Peace
edit on 14-1-2012 by blackmirage0311 because: (no reason given)

welllllllllllllllllllllllll.... how to comment on this thread without tipping the boiling pot...
I do agree that Obama isn't the first...I would say that Obama is the most blatant and right in your face about it. I just can't hardly believe that we the people have allowed this since abraham lincoln. Keeping on topic....presidential orders i believe was the beginning to the end so-to-speak. the constitution was in place. these orders are basically like....well...since i'm the president and I have all the power per say...i'm gonna go ahead and write some rules to this constitution that won't change the original....just make it better (in their eyes). and they've gone unquestioned all this time. now we have what's going on today. This presidency is a direct slap in the face of all americans and most are too dumb and naive to see the game that's going on behind the scenes here. You are correct, Orders are far less important right now but they do help the president extend the laws passed and they help him bypass congress to manipulate these rules. Look at the homeland security bill...now go research the orders associate with it. I will also agree that it's too far out of control to regain any help using the proper channels you mentioned, petitions, letters to congressman...etc. Hell, the congressman are just as pissed off about some of the blatant things taking place today. I will go as far as to say the new NDAA bill and SOPA and all the intrusions on our original rights that are taking place is no coincidence. Your words alone in the previous comment would make you an enemy of the state or terrorist and i am assuming that you are like me...won't be going to guantanemo bay prison when they come looking for people like us (probably most on this site actually). we disagree...we raise the flag and call "bullsh*t...and that's what the government wants and that's why the new bills are being passed. Something is going to happen and the Presidential orders and the constitution and Magna Carta and everything that we once knew will be gone. There's an "end game" that we all don't know yet....but the government is gearing up and readying for something big and the government knows damn well the people won't go quietly. so a revolution if i dare to say...is what they are counting on. but i can tell you one thing....todays soldiers dropping the hammer on civilians, vets, citizens, pets...will be a tough task for them to do. additionally, to add tot he conspiracy of Presidential Orders and Bills used to take away our rights...the fast and furious that has now been proven to be a plot to write a bill to take away our right to bare arms...falls right in line and the timeline with all this other blatant abuse of power. But the fact that we can bare arms will make us a more difficult takeover than they can anticipate. So yes...I think you're correct, a revolution is what is being prepared for....yes, a new way of doing things for the people and by the people needs developed. I'm just afraid all the complaining and writing is too little too late my friend. Keep your weapons close...

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment...maybe we're just paranoid. I just kick myself for not getting more involved a long time ago. I wish the american people would have stopped Presidential Orders when they first started happening...There's no more checks and balances on the president. I wish I could post a picture in a comment...is it possible??

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy

Funny, you say that i have every Political Science Proffesor, saying the same thing, worring about if their kids, hell their family will have a constituton to live by, or are we now below the MAGNA-CARTA of 1215, hey, don't worry, grab a the next itunes, or exbox. the u.s. citizens are XXXXed, not this azz clown-president term, No, the next presidency. then throw in mandatory health-care. lol. Health care is cool, when the masses pay for it on the general public taxes, but hey throw in everyone must have, even if their under-employeed, and not making a wage. lol, the great U.S. of A. is now a indedtured servitude state, you have never seen, or observed before, it's going to get ugly.

And to think I started this all on seemingly trivial Presidential Orders and the fact that I can't get any information from the government because the Act says I can and the government will...the President said...wait...no...i can't allow that...so I'm writing this order that says you can have information that is not classified. all classified information stays secret and in our possession. Thanks A$$holes.

There isn't going to be a next presidency in my opinion. We are looking at the last president of the US of A.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Presidential Orders are unconstitutional in my eyes as well. Especially when they only serve to conceal the unjust actions of government from the eyes of the people. Presidents are always finding loopholes to get around constitutional boundaries. For example, there are many 'privately' funded organizations within the government that work to serve the commander in chief without having to seek congressional approval. Namely, one of these organizations is the CIA. The CIA can work in conjunction with select military special forces, and under presidential command, have waged many secret, illegal wars over the years. The CIA has been involved in many things from false flag operations, which I'm sure you already know, to assassinations of political figures, to trafficking of drugs for profit. These black budgets that fund these organizations are 'off the radar' and only serve to make the wealthy even wealthier. Obama, however, has been pushing these boundaries even further with direct military action such as seen in Libya. The president is only allowed to conduct military operations without congressional approval for no more than 60 days, with a further 30 days allowed for withdrawal of forces, under the War Powers Resolution. Clinton also ignored this with the bombing of Kosovo. It is becoming more and more obvious over the years that liberties are being ignored and illegal actions being taken. Our society is a classic example of psychological conditioning, the goal of which is to slowly integrate Americans to adapt to changes without any sudden cause for alarm. An analogy I use is if you throw a lobster into a boiling pot of water, it will scream as it dies. But, if you put it in warm water, and slowly raise the temperature, it won't even be aware that it's dying. That's exactly what's happening with our country. The temperature is slowly being risen. To the people like us who have been fortunate enough to realize that the mainstream media is not a reliable source for information, and rather a propaganda machine, it seems obvious. But to average Americans with a 9-5 job who sit down and watch the news at night, that's all they see. It's a sad thing. That's why we're in the position we're in, but the government can only take away so many rights before people notice. You see all the protests going on now, and it will only get worse as the government gets too confident. I don't think total control will ever be possible unless people are overpowered by force. From a military standpoint, most everyone I know wouldn't harm American citizens. We signed up for the opposite reason. However, the militarization of police in the states is something that needs to be worried about. The training they receive seems to leave them with a dangerous combination of a superiority complex, weapons, and the side of the (corrupt) law.

Sorry for the long post.
As for adding pictures, go up to "tools" and click the green upload thing that comes up. You can upload a picture there and then just paste the URL here

"And that," put in the Director sententiously, "that is the secret of happiness and virtue— liking what you’ve got to do. All conditioning aims at that: making people like their unescapable social destiny." - Aldous Huxley 'Brave New World'
edit on 15-1-2012 by blackmirage0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

From a military standpoint, most everyone I know wouldn't harm American citizens. We signed up for the opposite reason. However, the militarization of police in the states is something that needs to be worried about. The training they receive seems to leave them with a dangerous combination of a superiority complex, weapons, and the side of the (corrupt) law.

Sorry for the long post.
As for adding pictures, go up to "tools" and click the green upload thing that comes up. You can upload a picture there and then just paste the URL here

"And that," put in the Director sententiously, "that is the secret of happiness and virtue— liking what you’ve got to do. All conditioning aims at that: making people like their unescapable social destiny." - Aldous Huxley 'Brave New World'
edit on 15-1-2012 by blackmirage0311 because: (no reason given)

No apology needed my friend...very nice post and addition / summary to a lot of different sporadic well made points through-out this post. I appreciate it. I absolutely agree with the corruption and black budget operations that take place and the fact that each president uses the Orders as a loop-hole. I also absolutely believe this President is pushing the boundaries of the constitution. Is it because he believes the citizens are brainwashed and too naive to see the truth? I can't say...I'm starting to lean to the far left on this and say that this President may believe he will be the final US President as we have come to know what a President is. I also think that all these bills and all the now blatant actions and even the hidden actions that are coming to light is as you stated, raising concern and eye brows. The main stream news is pointless...you have to dig and look to find out exactly what's going on. The "Occupiers" we are seeing will grow as you stated...and they are already on the list of "terrorist" organizations as they do not agree with the government, so if you aren't with us, you're against us....

I do have to raise only one question to you about your comment. A little background on me, I was in military for 5 years...out and contracted for 1 year in Afghanistan... jumped on board with government for 7 years in Afghanistan. Only reason I did was to let you know I understand where you are coming from. Play out your scenario...you are standing along side your Platoon or Squad leader...the order comes down to cease the protest and deadly force is authorized. you receive a direct order to mow down the front line that's throwing rocks...if you don't...you know what happens to you. I think it's gonna have to be far more extreme circumstances as I believe that something else will help as a catalyst to push citizens to the FEMA camps...some lie. But for those that refuse to leave their homes...towns...etc. I believe it could become ugly real fast. My point is, an order is an order and if the soldier doesn't follow, he will suffer consequences. If the government is at that point already...the consequences will be far worse than we can both imagine with the military. That's my only real question to your outstanding comment. As far as the government militarizing the police...far more worrisome than the military. all points noted and concurred.

I loved the analogy of the lobster. I've never heard it and now I have to go research and see if that is in-fact true...
and I agree...this has been coming to this point for many many years before....a long slow process and it's so close now...there's no way to really hide it but smile and say it's really not what it appears to be!!!!

Thanks a lot for your service and thanks for taking the time to read and comment...
greg

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Thank you for your service as well. I was in Iraq 08-09. Only one combat deployment under my belt but I feel like I may have another coming up given the situation in the ME. I'm on my 5th year in the Marine Corps with 1/4 out of Camp Pendleton.

To answer your question about what I would do given the scenario you stated, you and I both know the oath we took at MEPS. "All enemies foreign and domestic." If I get orders to harm American citizens who are fighting back against unconstitutional circumstances (one being that the military has NO RIGHT to interfere in domestic affairs - that's what police were created for), then that is the point I choose to go AWOL. Anyone who chooses not to go AWOL and carries out unconstitutional actions are now the enemy of the constitution, country, and my people. I would probably choose a state militia to share my experience and training with. I joined the military out of pride for my homeland and that comes before serving the agenda of the pencil pushing Brass.

As for that analogy - I wish I could remember where I heard that from because I can't take credit for making that up. I didn't even believe lobsters could scream until I saw a video

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Thank you for your service as well. I was in Iraq 08-09. Only one combat deployment under my belt but I feel like I may have another coming up given the situation in the ME. I'm on my 5th year in the Marine Corps with 1/4 out of Camp Pendleton.

To answer your question about what I would do given the scenario you stated, you and I both know the oath we took at MEPS. "All enemies foreign and domestic." If I get orders to harm American citizens who are fighting back against unconstitutional circumstances (one being that the military has NO RIGHT to interfere in domestic affairs - that's what police were created for), then that is the point I choose to go AWOL. Anyone who chooses not to go AWOL and carries out unconstitutional actions are now the enemy of the constitution, country, and my people. I would probably choose a state militia to share my experience and training with. I joined the military out of pride for my homeland and that comes before serving the agenda of the pencil pushing Brass.

As for that analogy - I wish I could remember where I heard that from because I can't take credit for making that up. I didn't even believe lobsters could scream until I saw a video

Thank you for your service and I hope that you don't have to make another deployment anytime soon...but if you do may your bad ass skills and God bring protection to you and your brothers....I am like you...I joined and have served because of pride for the homeland....and absolutely not turn on the same people I vowed to protect ... Thanks again...stay safe

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join