It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama calls for debt ceiling increase of $1.2 TRILLION

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Since 1962 the debt ceiling has been raised 74 times, including 10 times since 2001. So far Obama is responsible for 1 of those. Outrageous I tell ya!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I don't know why they bother saying 'debt ceiling' anymore. There obviously isn't one.

Side note - Obama didn't want a debt ceiling increase when he was just a junior Senator during the Bush administration. gee. wonder what changed??

July 2006

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.” …….. Senator Barack Obama

In 2007 and 2008 he didn't bother to show up for the voting ....

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

This call for more power, to circumvent congress,,,,(did anyone really think Holder would rule any other way) is a blatent slap in the face. I have called every one of my representatives and protested this usurper. Our forefathers constructed Our Constitution to prevent this very thing. I can agree with the merging of 6 depts., and the letting go of 1/3 of the positions. Government was never intended to be to biggest contributor to employment, GDP, GNP, much less debt beyond imagination. I hope you all see this for what it is and protest it to your fullest extent. Godspeed.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yep. No debt ceiling if you can just print more money.
And, heck why shouldn't we? Obviously, we can create money by trickery or whatever you want to call it, so let's do it. Who cares if someone doesn't think it is fair.
Everybody, all countries! Print more money! Prosperity can be yours as well!
Just tell the banks to go to hell. We will print the interest too! If the dollar doesn't buy much, we will print more!
Everybody jump in to make it fair! Keynesian economics hasn't even been tried yet.
Rant over.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I say cut that new ceiling request in half.

I for one have had it up to here with this robbery.

Let the charity grants go down .... all the way.

I say CUT !

Fire the staffers and other leachers.

I am sick and tired of paying for ZEROS

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
So what if we raise the debt ceiling another trillion. The mount of US debt really doesnt matter. We arent going bankrupt or anything. We could borrow that money with very little interest rates too. And yes we do pay off our debts we do it often. Its called "debt refunding".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join