It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel:Main Stream Media Disclosure?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It occured to me many years ago while watching The History Channel, that there were many UFO/ Alien documentaries, right there next to The Civil War, Lincoln, World War( I and II),Roman Empire,etc,etc,etc documentaries that we all commonly accept as fact, no questions asked. How long would it take for this to become perhaps an acceptable cushion to full disclosure? Is the History Channel the last step between sci-fi movies and the nightly news? With multiple UFO themed shows (UFO Files, UFO Hunters,Ancient Aliens) placed right next to established history, will the next generation accept aliens/UFOs as a well established fact? History Channel programs are routinely recorded (encouraged by the History Channel) and shown in classrooms all across the US every day, It's basically the new PBS.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Ever see the movie Inception? The movie wasn't really about dreams within other dreams, as is commonly thought. It was about the idea that if you plant the basic parts of an idea into the mind (or culture) of people, then over time that little bit of information will grow into a full-fledged idea or belief.

That is exactly what we are seeing with the History Channel. It's the inception of the idea that aliens had some grand part in the history of humans on the planet. The idea doesn't need to be accepted by today's culture, because it is not meant for us today. It's there so that future generations will take on the ideas, expand them, and turn them into a belief system that is fully different than any that we have today. Whether or not the idea is correct is a moot point...the goal is to change the way society views its past. And I can't say what kind of effect that will have on future generations, it could be good or it could be bad. I don't think it is purely a form of disclosure though, because it may not even be the real truth.

eta: Basically its for religious purposes...that is, convincing people to move away from the deity-based religions, and establishing a belief system to replace them, like a one-world religion.
edit on 13-1-2012 by nwdogg1982 because: eta

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

We see the same basic framework, but I thought it might be designed for a soft disclosure of true events instead of a theological brainwashing. Still the fact is theres a framework set up for something...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

I like the idea of History channel to be an intermediate step towards disclosure, but my experience with History Channel has been that it is still an entertainment channel, rather than documentation of history...

Given that such a sizable portion of the American public have an interest in the UFO phenomenon it would only make good business sense to tap into that market. Thus the shows they broadcast come across quite sensational. So... as for it being used as a conscious "inception" of an idea... Possible, but I do feel that there is a good amount of dis-info mixed with the truth, so it shouldn't be seen as disclosure per se.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

.....documentaries that we all commonly accept as fact, no questions asked.
Speak for yourself. You should never just assume that everyone else's opinion is the same as yours. You also should not blindly believe everything that you see on TV.

History Channel programs are routinely recorded (encouraged by the History Channel) and shown in classrooms all across the US every day, It's basically the new PBS.
The History Channel is part of the multi-million dollar empire that is the Discovery Corporation. PBS is a non-profit organization.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The History Channel, showing so many UFO themed programs, whlie gaining credibility in the eyes of children watching it at school, can not avoid planting seeds of acceptance to disclosue in the upcoming generation.Regardless of true or false

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I've considered the disclosure aspect of it, and I think it might have a little something to do with that. But the fact that most of their alien shows deal with parallels to religion and historical myth, I think that's their ultimate goal. I don't see any real gain for them in disclosure, but to nudge society in a particular direction of their choosing could be gainful if they plan for it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

You mean to establish a new panspermia/alien" intellegent design" based religion? Like a pre-cursor to the infamous bluebeam project?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Yes, exactly like that. I was even going to mention Blue Beam, but didn't want to ramble on and not make sense (I do that from time to time.) If they wanted to establish a singular belief system for the whole world to end the senseless bickering over religions, they would do so with the alien idea. It is scientifically provable (to the extent that we can prove extra-terrestrial life exists) and so when proven, the people would accept it as fact.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Good to know it's not just me then.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
The History Channel, showing so many UFO themed programs, whlie gaining credibility in the eyes of children watching it at school, can not avoid planting seeds of acceptance to disclosue in the upcoming generation.Regardless of true or false

I'm not aware of schools showing alien based History Channel speculative programs to kids, perhaps you mean the children are watching the programs at home, subsequently being mentioned in school.

The programming on the History Channel is simply a response to market research conducted by folks with a profit margin in mind by attracting advertising through the popularity of the programs. One doesn't have to look far to understand the murmurs of the whole Mayan calendar thing, even people I know with zero interest in celestial or UFO alien subjects are heard to comment about 2012 talk. Its impossible to avoid. Consider the very aspect of all of this 2012 and Mayan calendar stuff originates from the History Channel programs to begin with, "Ancient Aliens' being a prime example. I'm sure as a test pilot the programers had little idea how programing like this would take off and make celebrities out of unknown people that spend hours in tanning beds and continue to stamp a personal identity of wild hairdos after noticing how much attention they get on websites, the guy didn't look that way in the early shows. Also notice the other speakers on the AA show are sci-fi fiction authors, its an unfathomably advantageous sounding block to build their name and sell more books that program offers them, its in their worst interest to dampen that momentum.

In actuality the History Channel is not all about presenting factual accounts of history, and more edging towards speculative programs because how many years can one watch WWII footage, it was becoming a joke that their logo on the screen actually stood for Hitler.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I guess an equally valid theory is that the history channel is just fos.but if so they are investing alot of money in it.

i

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
The programming on the History Channel is simply a response to market research conducted by folks with a profit margin in mind by attracting advertising through the popularity of the programs

Just to add ... Most of these programs are created by independantly contracted producers who come up with their own ideas based on suggested guidelines.

www.discoverychannel.ca...

Many stations and channels have similar procedures which, to me, makes it even less likely to have anything to do with any kind of coordinated plan. Generally they just have their slate, and they try to balance the projects they invest in. IE ... too much about 2012, they might end up looking like the sci-fi channel, so they spread out the budget a bit.

Generally speaking, getting on discovery isn't an endorsement of the 'facts' presented. It's just means whatever you made is well polished. Documentary doesn't mean 'factual'.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

History like:
Pawn Stars
American Pickers
Ice road Truckers
Ax Men

This is entertaining sure but its not history. Someday it may be history however they will never be historical.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

This just shows that there is interest in this subject. Much like Hollywood produces movies on subjects that people are interested in. They are not in the education business, they are in the entertainment business and right now aliens and UFO's are making money and they are taking advantage of that.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm surprised that the History channel programmes are used in schools, there is so much non-pictorial photography used, colour distortion, white flash, continuous scene changing by the minute, and extremely irritating. Some programmes are better than others and it shows. Some content is dubious, and if you take away the whizz-bang, the commercials and the credits, you're left with about 20 minutes of storytelling. Like someone said, mostly entertainment and gratuitous at that. Even Discovery, and NG fall short with some of their stuff. Horizon and Panorama in the UK were once extremely good docu programmes, they also have gone down the toilet...pity!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

This just shows that there is interest in this subject. Much like Hollywood produces movies on subjects that people are interested in. They are not in the education business, they are in the entertainment business and right now aliens and UFO's are making money and they are taking advantage of that.

I think I agree with Karen. They know so many people love the idea of aliens as much zombies and such so why not makes shows for money. People will buy it. In a sense i feel that they may be trying to tell us without "telling" us. Could you imagine the world chaos if they just told everyone that they have been hiding a secret for years?

I will include for years my family and friends hated the subject and laughed at me. Now they seem to agree so maybe the shows are working.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

How long would it take for this to become perhaps an acceptable cushion to full disclosure? Is the History Channel the last step between sci-fi movies and the nightly news?

There is no cushion for disclosure. There is either denial or acceptance. No number of documentaries or other programs of that type are useful in preparing people for an announcement of the discovery of alien life. Until somebody in authority says it's a real thing, it's still hypothesizing. The minute the hypothesizing ends is the minute everybody goes nuts.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The history channel these days is about as factual as Alex Jones.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
The history channel these days is about as factual as Alex Jones.

Actually I would prefer AJ to much of History channel, he has brought real awareness on some things, once you get over the evangelising voice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join