It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush wants the Draft? I think not.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Alot of people have been trying to say that Bush is the one who is for the draft, and the liberals are against it. Not true. In fact, it's the other way around. The bill to re-instate the draft was not set forth by bush, but by liberal democrats.

*NOTE: I did find these links on another board, but I'm pretty sure that the poster does not OWN the links.*

The Draft

Interesting.

Bush is...For the draft? I think not.

Don't believe the propaganda. Just because Bush is a conservative, everyone assumes that it was HIM, and the republicans that were trying to get the draft back in place.

On the other board, they also have a whole list of the people in congress who supported it, all of whom were democrats. I'm not going to use that list because the poster typed it out himself, and I wouldn't want to steal his material. Oh well, just thought this was interesting.

Elaborate!!

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Come onnn doesn't this interest anyone? I bet if it were an anti-Bush thing people would be all over it.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Come onnn doesn't this interest anyone? I bet if it were an anti-Bush thing people would be all over it.

I'm more concerned about the backdoor draft, but to answer you accusation, Rangel wants a draft to prevent war, not supply troops for one. Do you think anyone in the Bush administration would go near a draft idea before elections? Stop-loss is going to have to do. But what will happen after the election, if Bush wins? Let's look at some clues.

Then.

Large-Scale Ground Wars Unlikely

Department of Defense officials say the military is preparing to wage a "sustained and broad" campaign against terrorists and those who support them.

But the operations the Pentagon is planning are likely not on the same scale or of the same nature as America's last armed conflict � the 1991 Persian Gulf War, when the United States deployed more than a half-million servicemen and women to the region in the successful effort to repel Iraqi forces from Kuwait.

"It's very hard to imagine a military operation on the scale of 'Desert Storm,'" says Campbell. "We're not going to have the same kind of staging areas and I don't think we'll have the same potential uses of ground forces."

Campbell and other military experts say the United States will likely rely heavily on air and sea power and special forces units, which rarely operate in groups larger than one hundred.
ABC News

Now.

Appeal for draft board volunteers revives memories of Vietnam era

Suzanne Goldenberg in Washington
Wednesday November 5, 2003
The Guardian

The Pentagon has begun recruiting for local draft boards, dredging up painful memories of Vietnam era conscription at a time of deepening misgiving about America's occupation of Iraq.

In a notice posted on the defence department's Defend America website, Americans over the age of 18 and with no criminal record are invited to "serve your community and the nation" by volunteering for the boards, which decide which recruits should be sent to war.

*SNIP*

However, officials were not immediately able to explain how the advertisement appeared on the site. Mr Amon said the notices were a response to the natural attrition in the ranks of the draft board, where some 80% of 11,000 places are now vacant. "It is the routine cycle of things," he said.

But it was unclear why the Pentagon decided at this time it was necessary to fill staff bodies which had played no function since the early 1980s.
Guardian UK

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Isn't the U.S. military already pushed to its limits regarding the amount of active duty soldiers? Its inevitable one way or another that a draft will be issued in the next year or so due to this. You will have Bush to thank for it even if he is not in office when its enacted.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Isn't the U.S. military already pushed to its limits regarding the amount of active duty soldiers? Its inevitable one way or another that a draft will be issued in the next year or so due to this. You will have Bush to thank for it even if he is not in office when its enacted.

What!? I just showed you the proof that Bush is pushing AGAINST the draft,a nd you say we will have him to thank?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

What!? I just showed you the proof that Bush is pushing AGAINST the draft,a nd you say we will have him to thank?

You honestly think recruitment will rise over the years now that we know the lies about Iraq? Who will want to join willingly to be sent there? Its a foregone conclusion that a draft will have to be enacted to keep soldier count up if the occupation is to continue.

Bush may not want a draft, but his Iraq invasion/occupation will precipitate one. So you definitely will have him to blame over it.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

The Flip Flopper and Thief Bush is "against" alot of things while campaigning for your vote. All of which he reverses upon winning. The best indication of where really Bush stands on an issue is assuming the opposite of whatever he claims pre-election.

I know you buy the negative spin of the Republisham Convention Herman, but the wishy washy flip flopper on every side of every issue is Bush.

You will look back on this period in your life one day and think what was I thinking? Call it an educated guess.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Are Americans fit to be call to the draft this should be a post of its own, as one member pointed out on another thread we have to look how fit are American if the draft is to be reinstalled in this country.

This thread is very interesting and address the problem with Americans readiness as now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Are Americans fit to be call to the draft this should be a post of its own, as one member pointed out on another thread we have to look how fit are American if the draft is to be reinstalled in this country.

This thread is very interesting and address the problem with Americans readiness as now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Physically fit or mentally fit? Physically, they probably are but mentally I would have to say no. Nearly half of Americans are now agains the war in Iraq.

I also pray that they don't reinstate the draft. I good friend of mine who works in the military told me they probably won't.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I am with you on this one mrmulder, but no only mentaly but also physicaly we are not a very healthy nation as now.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Being healthy as a nation didn't stop the draft for Vietnam which continued for years after massive ugly protests started. It doesn't matter what you think about this. The dwindling numbers of troops for the occupation and other matters is going to require a draft to keep up these military actions. Until our policy makers change their minds and pull out of Iraq and rethink their insane invasion policy for the actions that a very small amount of men committed, we are guaranteed the same ugliness that the Vietnam Conflict brought us here at home.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The draft is being prepared to be activated.

criticalhistory.com...

www.duckdaotsu.org...

And if you want to be a local "Draft" board person, here you go.
www4.sss.gov...

Bush has reactivated these local SSA boards, why? Why would they needed if we weren't going to have a draft?

Simple, he will "need" to support the draft, after he is reelected. There aren't enough troops for the "War on Terror" global tour.

Both Kerry, and Bush aren't AGAINST the draft, heck Kerry has called for "Required national service, men and women 18-(55?)"

Your only hope against state slavery is Badnarik.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

as mentioned and quoted by BeingWatchedByThem
Both Kerry, and Bush aren't AGAINST the draft, heck Kerry has called for "Required national service, men and women 18-(55?)

And.....as evident by this topic, there is a problem with this? Why? Specifically, k.

How many nations in the free world practice some sort of mandatory service? Yes sir, I would love to see a mandatory military service! One with a two year minimium to boot. I think it would certainly help to 'educate' people on what real "freedom" is and requires...as well as service to country, other than lip service, etc., etc......

seekerof

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The draft 30 years ago cannot compare the physical heath of the people as now we are a nation in a which personal and physical health has deteriorated through the years.

Its going to cost more for the government to make drafted more ready and fit that It took 30 years ago.

And lest not to mention the amount of children in school and young people on antidepressant drugs also.

The draft will turn into a joke in courts all over the US, when people start going to court for health related issues.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as mentioned and quoted by BeingWatchedByThem
Both Kerry, and Bush aren't AGAINST the draft, heck Kerry has called for "Required national service, men and women 18-(55?)

And.....as evident by this topic, there is a problem with this? Why? Specifically, k.

How many nations in the free world practice some sort of mandatory service? Yes sir, I would love to see a mandatory military service! One with a two year minimium to boot. I think it would certainly help to 'educate' people on what real "freedom" is and requires...as well as service to country, other than lip service, etc., etc......

seekerof

Seekerof quote paraphrased:
Slavery is Freedom.

No it is not, slavery is slavery. Seekerof, your doublespeak is too easy to defeat.

Why should I submit myself to die for a fictious entity if I choose not to?

I would be more than willing to defend my beliefs, and my country if invaded, but I will not however go fight a politicians war, when they themselves won't fight for freedom at home.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

So Seekerof you would have no qualms about sending our youth unwillingly into Iraq after knowing what we know now? We are not defending the United States of America by being over there. Unless you consider a desperate oil grab part and parcel of U.S. freedom.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Serving a country for and protecting our country is every American duty of being American, I see not faults on that.

Dying in another country defending the oil of that country so the present administration and his cronies in the energy business can get their fat wallets fatter is no honor is a disgrace and lack of respect for our American soldiers doing the dirty job of this administration our soldier are being use not to protect our country but to protect private interest agendas.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Dying in another country defending the oil of that country so the present administration and his cronies in the energy business can get their fat wallets fatter is no honor is a disgrace and lack of respect for our American soldiers doing the dirty job of this administration our soldier are being use not to protect our country but to protect private interest agendas.

I couldn't agree with you more Marg. Alot of people seem to think this is soley a war on terrorism. What few seem to realize is that this also a war to take over the last remaining oil on the planet.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
yes, mrmulder its been an oil war all alone regarless what most people thinks about it, is just been coated with "war on terror" .

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
And to prove there is "Peak Oil," here are few good website IMO that help tell the whole stroy.

www.janes.com...
www.fromthewilderness.com...
edition.cnn.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join