It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A gun video you just have to see.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
All that video did is make me feel bad for the poor brits who have had their firearms taken from them. It's a sad world where you basically have to be rich to enjoy the shooting sports.

But then again the Royal types have always feared guns in the hands of the common man. As my grandpa used to say GOD didn't make men EQUAL.. SAM COLT DID

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Awsome!! Dragons Breath, quite literal

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Apart from the occasional glance at some intricate detail on a few guns, that would have to be one of the gayest vids ive seen in a while.

I lol'd

Holland & Holland are gentlemans guns , and while I can appreciate the craftmanship , even If I could afford one I wouldn't pull the trigger (pun intended) on a purchase. They're pretty much a status symbol for wealthy folks. I mean six figures on a rifle is a tremendous amount of money. But I guess It's all relative , I've got a rifle I paid $2300 for and my brother (who isn't a shooter) thinks that's insane.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I tend to agree with you!

Was that one lump of sugar or two?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

A gentlemen's gun? What does that mean? Does that mean you properly introduce yourself before you blow a hole the size of Long Island into some poor chap's head or chest?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Where the elite shop...you do know the elite have always been well armed, don't you?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonycliffs
Where the elite shop...you do know the elite have always been well armed, don't you?

They have body guards with mp5s and m4s but they themselve prefer the engraved 12 gauge with birdshot lol.

I been wanting a side by side to serve as the base for my short barrel shotgun project. I think i found it. now to save 10 grand.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

I prefer this video:

Yeah, those snobs could shoot. But they couldn't shoot fire, like my professional comrade here.

edit on 13-1-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

me to hahaha

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

You get what you pay for.

You buy chinese crap thats what you get.

That stuff is high end stuff no doubt.

Love it.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
reply to post by EyesWideShut

A gentlemen's gun? What does that mean? Does that mean you properly introduce yourself before you blow a hole the size of Long Island into some poor chap's head or chest?

Expensive and puuurrrty.

In other words engraved and hand mande

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I've had the *distinct* pleasure of actually firing a Holland & Holland bespoke rifle. No, it wasn't mine, more's the pity, but I have fired one, and it was an experience. Beautiful to look at, well balanced, rock solid...I couldn't ask for a better rifle. My wife was giving me "the look" for a week, and giving me grief about "Ms. Holland" being the "other woman".

It's true that they're expensive...then again, given the man-hours of work it takes to produce one, the pricing isn't as unreasonable as it might appear. It's also true that, stripped to the basics, a Holland & Holland doesn't do anything that my Winchester doesn't...they both put lead downrange. That said, buying something that's more expensive because it has a greater perceived value isn't a habit restricted to the "rich". How many folks here own an iSomthing? There are cheaper music players / smartphones / tablets / computers out there, so why pay more for the iWhatever? How many of us buy brand name food, rather than generic? How many of us buy bottled water, when there's a tap right over there? Every one of us has paid, and will continue to pay, a higher price for a good or service because we perceive "our brand" to be better, and we perceive the improvement (or the status derived from ownership) to be worth the additional cost. We *all* do it...the "elite" just do it with more zeroes. Let those who can, enjoy things like H&H guns, Rolls-Royce / Bentley / Bugatti cars, and whatever else.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yeah, I'd definitely think those H&H firearms are 'gentleman's weapons', when I see thone I think of a british lord out on a fox hunt or quail hunt, dunno if I'd wield one of those on a battlefield, unless its all I had available...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

they actually have shops all over the world including the usa
those guns look awesome i gotta go check em out now

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Awesome guns-but I know what you mean about the "barf" too.

they are selling the lifestyle of landed gentry to new money. any money at this point.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
They're beautiful guns, works of art.

How many 870 expresses can I get for the same price? 10? 15? 20?
Practicality vs. Status, if you have the cash to blow why not...?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I wish i was a rich snob, then i could be doing something else other than whining about the rich

I could be bitching about the poor

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

oh yea got get some of them!!! perfect for turkey, shot and cooked at the sane time, no need for stuffing.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
so they tryin to send a message they only want rich snobs buying their products?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

no different than browning, seen the price of them lately enough to floor you!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
so they tryin to send a message they only want rich snobs buying their products?

When the least expensive item in gun list costs more than a fairly well-appointed sedan, you aren't going to have many customers among the poor or the middle class. They're simply catering to their customer base.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join