It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A gun video you just have to see.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
An introductory video to a hand crafted gun maker across the pond.
www.hollandandholland.com...

One part of me is in aw of the finely crafted guns
, the other part of me wants to barf.

The video sends a unique message for sure……. But I don’t know if it was the message they want to send.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I prefer this video:

Yeah, those snobs could shoot. But they couldn't shoot fire, like my professional comrade here.

edit on 13-1-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Apart from the occasional glance at some intricate detail on a few guns, that would have to be one of the gayest vids ive seen in a while.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Mmmmhm
Is there something we missed?

In general...
I dunno, handcrafted sure looks pretty and cost alot but I prefer machined polished mil spec works every time type weapons.
If I need artwork I can have that done later.
It says this gun place....umm higgins and higgins? was that the name?
It seems they are in the UK,
great market there.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Would you like a spot of tea with your crumpets between shots sir? This company is obviously trying to appeal to the rich and elite. The houses, the cars, its bad taste in times of economic crisis. But I suppose thats why I wont be seeing this on my tv anytime soon. I bet someone like my uncle would like this only because hes a millionare. Me on the other hand... it just makes me feel more poor lol.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

That dragon breath has crazy! But i think that russian was just stickin anything in his gun he could. It looked like a fake gun when i first saw it.

Ps what was that dragons breath made out of?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

the fps russia is a classic vid for sure. The dragons breath round is indeed impressive, but I for one like the bolo round due to the fact that this round was first employed on ships back in the days of pirates and sail driven vessels. The chain between the 2 cannons in the round would rip the mast of the ship and anything holding it up leaving the vessel pratically imobile.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

It’s not that they are targeting rich people…… I get that… Them doing it during bad time… I don’t have a problem with.

I don’t care if I had a billion dollars in the bank. If I ever act like that…… Please drag me out back and beat some sense into me…. please!!!!!

How someone could consider that type of life “Fun” is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I have an enormous....amount of respect for old world craftsmen. Make no mistake these gunsmiths are a credit to their art of smithing.

Unfortunately they seem to be catering to only the elite, of which I despise.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I love FPS Russia, he has some wild guns that they lend him to use in his videos. Sadly I found out he is not really Russian but who cares his videos are awesome! As always, have nice day

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The dragons breath round is indeed impressive, its made of titanium granules with a oxide coating that ignite when fired.
They are like a giant flash bulb going off

If you fire one at night you need to have your eyes closed or wear googles with one of the fast welding lenses in it.

If you have night time trespassers on your property they work great for blinding them just before you shoot them with rock salt.

That is if you don't like to fight fair.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The message it sends to me is that Holland and Holland is a brand for stuck up snobs who wish to pay 3 prices for material items that really are unneeded and not all that nice to me.

It says to me " Buy this product and you can be a rich snob too"

Don't get me wrong. Those are some beautiful guns, but this commercial makes me want to go somewhere else.
edit on 13-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Seriously? What is this video trying to get across; maybe that sport is now elegant and sexy, and an acceptable and fashionable past time of the bourgeoisie? I am a gun enthusiast, and all about the 2nd, but this is just stupid.

edit on 13-1-2012 by kissy princess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I don't see what the problem is with the video...

The English pride themselves in the tradition of craftsmanship and style when it comes to the sport of hunting. What's wrong with a fine cup of earl grey tea to accompany a chilly autumn day of shooting pheasant ?

Not everyone wants to look like a wannabe Navy Seal when they go hunting, geez.

Great Britain hunting traditions: Hand crafted rifles, warm woolies, sturdy rubber wellies, and tea.
North American hunting traditions: Army surplus gear, AK47's, shoe polish face paint, and a six pack of beer.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Great Britain hunting traditions: Hand crafted rifles, warm woolies, sturdy rubber wellies, and tea.
North American hunting traditions: Army surplus gear, AK47's, shoe polish face paint, and a six pack of beer.

Army surplus gear…… CHECK

AK47….. Um…… Negatory…. Classic north American hunting rifles are the savage/Stevens 110/10 Remington 700 series, Browning A bolt, and winchester model 70. If you wanted a good semi auto then the Rem 742 woodmaster, or a good AR is preferable. On the shotgun side. Single shot, Pump, and semi auto are standard fair. Double barrel is going by the wayside.

Shoe polish face pant……Depends on the season. Deer….. no.. Turkey .... Yes!

Six pack of beer…… No, I prefer Pepsi myself.

Things you left out.
A truck with rust holes through the sides.
Game calls.
Deer scents.
Tree stands.
Big knives.
Field dressing kits.
Exc …
Exc…….

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The English understand the 'message' I understand that if you can afford it, you can buy it at Holland & Holland, I'm not into shotguns, I like MG34's MkB42H's, and Stg44's, so its doubtful I'LL be seen at Holland & Holland.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

It is the smugness of the people of privilege that is unpleasant. The minor-royalty attitudes that have been inbred since the Holy Roman Empire come to the fore. They are above it all because at some time in the past, an ancestor pillaged for his leader and was rewarded with some of the spoils. Inherited titles and inherited wealth make for a pleasant life.
As a data point, a Royal Double Rifle starts at 95,000 British pounds [about $145,000] and goes up from there.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The lever action Marlin or Winchester is a common rifle in Pennsylvania for hunting Whitetail deer. In places with flatlands and higher population density, shotguns with slugs or buckshot are required.
The beverage is not beer unless at the hunting cabin [escape from familial duties] playing cards. It is hot coffee in the mornings and colder coffee as the day wears on.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Keep in mind it's a different market across the pond.
You have to remember the history of firearms and hunting in Europe.
From the 16th to 19th century Rifles were usually just made for the military and then mass produced.
Shotguns were hand made and made to order and cost a small fortune.
Kind of like buying a hand made car that you know will last a few hundred years.
Then they were then handed down from generation to generation.
That's why you had the really high quality craftsmanship that went into them.
I've seen these guns up close and they are very pretty guns.
Plus hunting was only allowed on royal game parks and only the nobles were allowed to hunt there.
So yeah hunting clubs in Europe do rather elitist aura around it that pretty much comes with the history.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I agree with others about the aire of snobbiness in the ad, but, the craftsman ship is exquisite!! It is a shame we don't still have those types of craftsmen doing all things. Hand sewn, tailored tweed, hand carvings, etc. Craftsmanship is dead and gone, and now we have mass-produced chinese crap!

So, while I wouldn't really want that particular lifestyle, I'm sad that the general population has allowed itself to settle for lower quality, disposable merchandise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join