It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those of you aboard USS Carl Vinson and USS John Stennis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Flag from me op......

Time to start drinking water and getting ready to urinate

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I have no idea why you are bringing up something that happened 67 years ago.

This is 2012 and the United States of America are the aggressors.

I agree with everything you have said and I would like to add.

Those like myself with children in these wars would like them to come home! They have spent years away from their families and who knows how long those families can hold together. False wars for reasons we will never really be made aware of are destroying our way of life here at home. if we would keep our business at home until REALLY threatened we would have something left to protect.

I also believe it is time for our troops to come home and this is happening. As far as the Iranian Situation...this is different. You have a country...IRAN...threatening to close by use of their Naval Forces...the International waterway that is the Strait of Hormuz....where the majority of the worlds Oil supply passes.

The Iranians made this treat after the process of additional sanctions on Iran were being discussed as punishment for Irans failure to follow a treaty they signed...The NPT....which allowed Iran to purchase Nuclear Tech that they did not have the capability to develop on their own. ANY country that wishes to use Nuclear Power for energy needs is allowed to do so or purchase it as long as that country signs the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty and abides by the treaties rules...some of these rules being that the country recieving this Nuclear tech. will NOT BUILD A NUCLEAR BOMB or sell this tech. to any other nation. This country must also allow inspections of all it's nuclear related tests, sites, facilities and allow monitering of what they do with their Nuclear fuel or level of enrichment of Uranium any other Nuclear fuel, isotopes or the like.

IRAN has broken just about every rule and agreement as well as building secret Nuclear Facilities that have been constructed underground and reenforced to prevent attack...which is foley since the U.S. Military is capable of penetrating even the depest facilities with or without Metal and concrete reeenforcements.

There are two possible outcomes of this stand off. The one I hope for is that the Iranian Leadership will allow inspectors back in to all sites including several secret sites that the U.S. Military has identified as well as the fact Iran has admitted they exists. And hopefully...Iran will come to it's sences and realize a relationship with the U.S. would be mutually benificial as any ill concieved attempt at closing the strait will lead to a very short WAR that Iran cannot possibly either win or benifit from.

If for some reason...and since the U.S. has been able to prevent a strike by Israel...that Iran does not take this oppertunity to become a Benificial Partner in Global Affairs as this would open up markets for Iran and improve their economy as well as help belay Arab Mistrust of Persian plans on dominating the region....then I fear the U.S. will no longer be able to keep Israel from attacking.

In the event that Israel has credible proof that an Iranian Nuke is built...the U.S. would have to launch a Pre-emptive strike so Israel will be told to stand down as the U.S. would do the work. If this happens...it will not just be the destruction of the Iranian Navy and Aifrorce but tens of thousands of Special Forces as well as Airborne and Rangers would be sent in to seize all Nuclear facilities. To counter any Iranian Ground forces...new and exotic U.S. Weaponry would be used such as non-nuclear EMP devises dropped by B-2's or from within the internal Bomb Bay of an F-22. These weopons would render all Iranian Forces targeted innert. If by worse case scenario...Iran was to employ the use of Biological Weapons or the Unlikelyhood of Iran having or using a Nuclear Bomb...Iran does not yet posses an adequate delivery system for the Nuclear weapon but could place in on a ship and detonate it in the strait...that is a very unlikely scenario but if it happened....the U.S. response would be...unimaginable. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
So whats your take on Israel? Because they havent signed the NPT they can have nukes and give nuke technology to whoever wants it? (aka South Africa).

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I have no idea why you are bringing up something that happened 67 years ago.

This is 2012 and the United States of America are the aggressors.

I agree with everything you have said and I would like to add.

Those like myself with children in these wars would like them to come home! They have spent years away from their families and who knows how long those families can hold together. False wars for reasons we will never really be made aware of are destroying our way of life here at home. if we would keep our business at home until REALLY threatened we would have something left to protect.

I also believe it is time for our troops to come home and this is happening. As far as the Iranian Situation...this is different. You have a country...IRAN...threatening to close by use of their Naval Forces...the International waterway that is the Strait of Hormuz....where the majority of the worlds Oil supply passes.

The Iranians made this treat after the process of additional sanctions on Iran were being discussed as punishment for Irans failure to follow a treaty they signed...The NPT....which allowed Iran to purchase Nuclear Tech that they did not have the capability to develop on their own. ANY country that wishes to use Nuclear Power for energy needs is allowed to do so or purchase it as long as that country signs the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty and abides by the treaties rules...some of these rules being that the country recieving this Nuclear tech. will NOT BUILD A NUCLEAR BOMB or sell this tech. to any other nation. This country must also allow inspections of all it's nuclear related tests, sites, facilities and allow monitering of what they do with their Nuclear fuel or level of enrichment of Uranium any other Nuclear fuel, isotopes or the like.

IRAN has broken just about every rule and agreement as well as building secret Nuclear Facilities that have been constructed underground and reenforced to prevent attack...which is foley since the U.S. Military is capable of penetrating even the depest facilities with or without Metal and concrete reeenforcements.

There are two possible outcomes of this stand off. The one I hope for is that the Iranian Leadership will allow inspectors back in to all sites including several secret sites that the U.S. Military has identified as well as the fact Iran has admitted they exists. And hopefully...Iran will come to it's sences and realize a relationship with the U.S. would be mutually benificial as any ill concieved attempt at closing the strait will lead to a very short WAR that Iran cannot possibly either win or benifit from.

If for some reason...and since the U.S. has been able to prevent a strike by Israel...that Iran does not take this oppertunity to become a Benificial Partner in Global Affairs as this would open up markets for Iran and improve their economy as well as help belay Arab Mistrust of Persian plans on dominating the region....then I fear the U.S. will no longer be able to keep Israel from attacking.

In the event that Israel has credible proof that an Iranian Nuke is built...the U.S. would have to launch a Pre-emptive strike so Israel will be told to stand down as the U.S. would do the work. If this happens...it will not just be the destruction of the Iranian Navy and Aifrorce but tens of thousands of Special Forces as well as Airborne and Rangers would be sent in to seize all Nuclear facilities. To counter any Iranian Ground forces...new and exotic U.S. Weaponry would be used such as non-nuclear EMP devises dropped by B-2's or from within the internal Bomb Bay of an F-22. These weopons would render all Iranian Forces targeted innert. If by worse case scenario...Iran was to employ the use of Biological Weapons or the Unlikelyhood of Iran having or using a Nuclear Bomb...Iran does not yet posses an adequate delivery system for the Nuclear weapon but could place in on a ship and detonate it in the strait...that is a very unlikely scenario but if it happened....the U.S. response would be...unimaginable. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

The only reason that Israel even obtained Nuclear Weapons is that the U.S. provided the tech. as well as the Fuel. This is hypocrisy without a doubt but even though Israel did not sign the NPT...and as such is allowed to build a nuclear reactor on it's own or even a bomb...Israels Nukes were developed by U.S. tech.

Reason for this...multiple attacks by Multiple Middle Eastern countries upon Israel and the U.S. wanting a balance to Soviet influence in the region as this was during the Cold War. Was it right? NO. Was it a necessity to provide stability in the region? Yes.

The reality is that the Cold War is over and talk of a fast emerging Chinese Military are huge overstatements for the purpose of garnishing more money into U.S. Defense Companies. At this time right now...the U.S. has a very specific agenda...World Stability and keeping the flow of oil from the Middle East unhindered as much of the world depends on this.

These latest war of words between the U.S. and Iran will remain just that...words. The Iranians are not going to commit suicide of their regime as they have enough problems at home...and the U.S. is going to display a bit of Military Might in the region to assure allies but that should be the end of it. Iran is not like North Korea in that Iran has oil that it needs to ship through this region and any Military action by Iran would be simply not in their best interests.

This whole thing was a bluff to see if Iran could splinter resolve to impose greater sanctions upon it because of it's attemps to make a bomb. It has literally played it's last card. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join