It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two spirit questions? Do they get scared? Do child spirits stay children?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
An idea occured to me today, if your a spirit and your wandering around and you bump into another spirit or living person and they catch you unaware/off guard or frighten you in any other way, would a spirit in that position be scared?

Do spirits get scared?

Also another idea I have had, if a child goes to spirit, does it stay as a child? or can it grow up in spirit? as growing up is about the development of personality, intellect and new experiences, I can't see why this would not happen when someone is in spirit form.

Do child spirits grow up in the spiritual realm? or do the remain children?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
If you are talking about Earthbound spirits, I don't know very much about that. But if you are talking about spirits who have ascended to heaven or, gone into the light if you will, you have walked right up my alley!

So here's the answers that I have been able to discern:

Spirits are never ever scared. There is nothing to fear and they know that.

There are many children in the spirit world. However, not everyone who "dies" as a child will remain a child there. Some seem to have a choice. Maybe it depends on how "old" or "young" your soul is. Honestly, I will have to look that up. Let me get back with you on the why's of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

I should have been more clear, I am talking about grounded spirits, those that have not crossed over.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Oh, okay then. That is out of my league

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

Mine too, I have a decent understanding of the spirit world etc

But in terms of applying those questions to the physical plane then that's where it get's interesting, no matter what I think it'll promote a lot of interesting conversation, as I think they are interesting and valid questions

edit on 13-1-2012 by Resentedhalo08 because: spelling errors

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Seeing as though 'fear' is simply the body's self-preservation reaction to threatening stimuli, and can be pinpointed to certain chemicals in the brain, I would posit that any 'spirit' that has left it's physical form would have no need to feel fear, as it would have no natural sense of self-preservation (being that a spirit is an immortal entity.)

As for your other question about children, I don't know because I don't really believe in spirits. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

fear is also psychological in nature and from what I know the personality remains the same in spirit as in life, so if a person was one who was easily scared or shocked, would that not be the same in spirit? resulting in being scared?

edit on 13-1-2012 by Resentedhalo08 because: incorrect words

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

One has to first define the perimeters and structure for what a spirit/ghost is.

before we speculate if there may be reactions between 2 seperate ones meeting and potentially scaring each other.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
An idea occured to me today, if your a spirit and your wandering around and you bump into another spirit or living person and they catch you unaware/off guard or frighten you in any other way, would a spirit in that position be scared?

Do spirits get scared?

They get scared about as often as you pass through walls. Fear is a thing of conscious ego that uses objective reference. The spirit only references itself and has no use for object reference. So no, there is no fear to be felt on the other side.

However, if you are talking about psychic phenomena like ghosts and the like who seem to be tormented, those entirely different matters. Those are more like living eulogies than living spirits.

Also another idea I have had, if a child goes to spirit, does it stay as a child? or can it grow up in spirit? as growing up is about the development of personality, intellect and new experiences, I can't see why this would not happen when someone is in spirit form.

Do child spirits grow up in the spiritual realm? or do the remain children?

There are no child spirits. An infant and a middle-aged man wouldn't differ in terms of soul age. This is why you should always respect children like they are people and not hamsters. For all you know, those kids might be much more powerful than you on the spiritual level. The only level that really counts.

You can be child-like in your soul nature, however, but it has nothing to do with chronological age.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Well, yes, fear is psychological, but that's my point. Psychology is a natural, biological process of the brain. Fear, being that it is a natural reaction to something potentially harmful, wouldn't be a characteristic that an immortal entity would posses. That's because an immortal entity could not be harmed the same way a physical entity can. And thus the spirit wouldn't retain the same physiological reactions to potential harm that are needed in its physical form.

Now, since we're only speculating, I suppose that maybe a spirit could be harmed by some form or another. In that case, it certainly would need to have a reaction process so that it could survive, and that would pretty much be fear. But, in that case, the spirit would not be an immortal entity, it would simply be a physical entity in a form that we don't normally associate with being physical. My understanding of a spirit is an immortal being, that can transcend the physical laws and properties of the universe, but if it could be harmed then that turns it from a spirit to something totally different.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

Interesting reply.

Yeah, with "Grounded" spirits - there are many variables.

With the correct set of circumstances the entity could be startled, taken off guard. As we are talking about more or less a soul "trapped" in a pool of ever-revolving emotions. This is why angry ghosts are always angry, why "sad mary" is always heard crying - and never laughing.

But now there are many different types of entities, and no one (including us who have had experiences) truly have much to expound other than the fact that the phenomena exists.

I'm very interested in this subject. In our apartment, we have two cats. One we got a year after we moved in - the other was there when we first showed up. And has shown itself several times since then. Not a dark shadow, but a more haze of calico fur with "tracers".

When we were planning on moving out - the entity got very upset with us. - But that story is neither here nor there. Fact is, once our plans fell through and we decided to stay - we've not had an encounter since.

But my cat sure sees things. Little guardian of the underworld.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

reply to post by nwdogg1982

fear is also psychological in nature and from what I know the personality remains the same in spirit as in life, so if a person was one who was easily scared or shocked, would that not be the same in spirit? resulting in being scared?

edit on 13-1-2012 by Resentedhalo08 because: incorrect words

It would seem that since adrenaline makes us feel fear, the absence of the chemical would result in the absence of fear. That being said serotonin is responsible in part for making us have a general sense of well being, yet people who have claimed to have died express feelings of joy while "dead" with the obvious absence of serotonin (If in fact they really are dead). So who knows, good question though

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Do spirits get scared?

Hell yeah they do. Entities that feed off fear actually become scared themselves very easily. I've had many encounters with them and actually now try my best not to scare them because for some weird reason, it just doesn't seem right to me.

The first time I saw one terrified was when I went to touch it. I started a thread about it a few years ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join