It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't even turn on the news anymore.....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Obama now wants to raise the debt ceiling by over a trillion dollars? US blocking websites from citizens view as per there discretion. American citizens legally being able to be arrested, detained and imprisoned without cause or trial under the guise of terrorism that does not exist outside of what our tyrannical government pushes them to do by there continued unjust assault on the Arab world?

I feel like I am dreaming and I woke up and wasn't back in my own reality but am stuck in one of my nightmares. What in God's name has happened to this country? Some of the people running for president have admitted by there own words they don't know what is written in our Constitution and they are winning states? What have we become?

In regards to the whole website blocking thing, which is really an eye opener about our government to me, I think the main website that is being targeted and really attacked is __._... and as for the last paragraph, we see the campaign money and are blinded... We are materialistic and shallow as a whole... We see what they want us to, and are oblivious to the hidden agenda... Well most of us, which is why we have websites such as this one =)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
lol i dont even watch the news on tv anymore. Such opinionated bullcrap. I rather stay intuned to real people with real news. 90 percent of the stuff they talk about advertises fear and terrorism.. lol terrorism.. makes me laugh sometimes.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by mr1alphaalpha

The solution to this is easy. Switch of your 24/7 365 propaganda box.

Agreed! I did that 12 years ago, but only so I could be better informed. What does that say?

It's not 'just' the propaganda box:

"Sep 2, 2010 – Over the last 10 years, the percentage of Americans who took at least one prescription drug in the past month increased from 44% to 48%."

www.cdc.gov...

And over half of those were some type of mental stimulator or suppressant. So that means a good 25% of Americans are literally mentally impaired thanks to big Pharma.
Did you know that if you give an anti-depressant to a person who is not chemically depressed, it will make him depressed? And if you give an anti-psychotic to a person who is not truly psychotic it can make him psychotic?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The OP's post is outstanding. One would have to be heavily medicated or seriously lacking in judgement to believe that there is nothing amiss in America today, whether socially, economically, or in terms of its relationships with other countries.

Ever since the end of the "cold war" with the old Soviet Union, America, under one president after another has been finding ways to squander the peace dividend and, like a punch drunk fighter, lash out at anything moving nearby, regardless of the weight class of the victim.

As a non-American observing from the sidelines, I want to tell you that America's flabbergasted friends are, in the face of her bizarre behavior, having a difficult time from becoming overly medicated themselves, in an effort to tune it all out.

Or, in the style of "The Emperor's New Clothes", they play along with the game, nodding gravely when Uncle Sam tells them how places like Iraq, Iran and Syria are a threat.

A lot could be said on that subject, but people in the ATS forums have been laying out chapter and verse on America's wayward detours for years now.

Let me end this post by suggesting to people, Ron Paul is not going to lead America out of its woes. Each and every American will have to do that job by being relentless about holding politician's feet to the fire in getting legislation passed (or repealed) that the majority of citizens (not the majority of corporations) want passed or repealed.

Ron Paul might be a cut above a lot of the bought and paid for candidates, but he is still a politician and needs to be watched. Get used to this America. Nobody is going to save America for you. You will have to do it yourselves.
edit on 22-1-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ya and thats the just the start. Everything is beginning to get out of control. Things are getting bad... quickly... much more quickly than I had expected ...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

One of the many, many, many things broken in this World..

Our future, ahem, our children's future will not exist as anything we are experiencing or experienced, the moment of realization, within this newborn disaster will be when it all collapses... This crisis is just maturing, its still in infancy...

Yes indeed thou, I whole heartedly agree, unfortunately, thou the man err the government, stopped fearing its people back in the Sixties...

Not to mention to many people are dependent on the system now... The matrix, in real life man...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

The forefathers, who fought for their freedom are rolling in their graves right now. All those that shed blood and 200 236 years later we are screwing it up.

well it's OUR FAULT, for letting them gain so much control, the corrupt will always be corrupt, and we allowed them to gain to much power

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I agree that it is totally discussing how things are unfolding. Its important to look at the news to try to find the clues and insights of the things to come. I have this sixth sense which is very powerful and it clearly telling me that there is a imminent danger coming internally and externally as well. These basters in office know what is coming and there are saving themselves as we speak.!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
OP is 100% correct. and you know what? superman ain't coming. See, this time around, they were smart. they killed any opposition,in one case, even before the person themselves knew they were opposition(see JFK Jr.). They destroyed the economy in such a way that most people haven't time to figure out who did it, they're just trying not to end up in a homeless shelter. People keep saying Ron Paul.. I support the man..and, were he to get elected, he'd be dead in a week. "heart attack", because, no one wants to use a sniper on an elderly white man, looks bad. And then his VP, would either get with the program, or have a small plane crash. tragic. look..it's done. get out while you can. america isn't getting saved, because it would require doing something that no american politician has the balls to do:

1) Stand up to israel

2) shut down(and raid, with federal agents) the fed.

the reason why no one will do this is, they know they'll end up like JFK Sr. Not gonna happen. Offshore account, multiple passports, another friendly country to live in(if one is to be found) is the smart play now.
edit on 9-2-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
While we are at it, lets put republicans, rednecks and the amish on boats and send them to africa

We can then get on to improving America, with the internet in every home and a computer in every room. Starships built in our cornfields and a education for every child.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join