It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't even turn on the news anymore.....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nkultra
Online news is even getting bad.

What is that even about?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Obama now wants to raise the debt ceiling by over a trillion dollars? US blocking websites from citizens view as per there discretion. American citizens legally being able to be arrested, detained and imprisoned without cause or trial under the guise of terrorism that does not exist outside of what our tyrannical government pushes them to do by there continued unjust assault on the Arab world?

I feel like I am dreaming and I woke up and wasn't back in my own reality but am stuck in one of my nightmares. What in God's name has happened to this country? Some of the people running for president have admitted by there own words they don't know what is written in our Constitution and they are winning states? What have we become?

We are in the biggest tailspin in recent history, our downfall will be taught in other countries schools in the future and they will say, this is what happens when the citizens of a country are too well fed, entertained and medicated. They associate freedom with manufactured security and bliss.

America was not meant to be this way, it was not meant to house the largest population of prisoners in the world. It was not meant to have a law on the books for every single activity of everyday life. It was not meant to make the super rich, richer while making the average hard working person poor. It was meant to be a land where people could make there own way through life, some rich, some middle class and some poor, but those decisions should be made by the people and there motivation. What is happening now is that government law dictates who those people are.

We need to get out of other countries, we need to start congress on repealing laws instead of making new ones, we need to opt out of censorship and we need to stop training our police forces to act like SS storm troopers and more like fire fighters with a gun if THEY ABSOLUTELY need it.

We need more voting on local, state and federal laws and not let an elite few in congress decide for us. We need term limits on congressmen, we need accountability for crimes committed by the federal government. Somebody please explain to me why Holder isn't in jail already for fast and furious?

We need Americans to start acting like Americans in 1776, we need to take the country back, our government neither deserves it nor cares about it, I am ashamed to be an American and it's not because of where I live, it is because I tolerate this government to run it.

The market will force them to do it once everything collapses.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
We also need to make sure that you are free to post threads like this without being labeled a terrorist and being called unpatriotic for doing so.

Your OP is the purest form of patriotism in the true sense of the word.

As Bush stated "You are either with us or against us"...Well I will say that it works both ways.

Govt. is either "With us or against us" and as it looks like they have chosen to be against us, then by this action alone, THEY are the true terrorists.

Peace

S&F

If you call the government "terrorists" isn't that sort of the same thing you think they are trying to impose on you? I mean just the label of it. Maybe the language needs to be altered.

edit on 13-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
reply to post by Helious

it's about time you woke up.

now try and get everyone else you know to step away from the remote.

It will be even worse when the Euro currency falls apart. Everyone will be watching television when that happens.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by jude11
We also need to make sure that you are free to post threads like this without being labeled a terrorist and being called unpatriotic for doing so.

Your OP is the purest form of patriotism in the true sense of the word.

As Bush stated "You are either with us or against us"...Well I will say that it works both ways.

Govt. is either "With us or against us" and as it looks like they have chosen to be against us, then by numbers alone, THEY are the true terrorists.

Peace

S&F

Your exactly right, the laws that are being passed now are not directed where they would lead the average citizen to believe, they are being put into place for use on the future dissenters of what is becoming a terrifyingly oppressive government regime. The same type we claim to want to save the rest of the world from.

In some ways I am on their side. There are some Americans that will use their protesting power in a bad way. It's just scenero planning.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by angellicview

I think when people are well fed, when their life is going just good, they are more oblivious. This of course is how the PTB feeds off these people. There is a certain obediant class of people, that are given comfortable jobs, they have a comfortable life, nothing they say or do will get them in much trouble. Then there is you the person who sees through the fog. You question why the world works as it does. What you find out is that those obediant class of people don't want it too change, everything is just jolly for them. Why would they want to think about stuff that doesn't affect them.

Sadly this dream will not end until these people's livelihoods are jeopardized. When the economy comes crashing down they will wake up finally. When they lose everything they have because they weren't paying attention. I do not fear a revolution from those that are awake to what is going on. I fear the revolution that will occur when the masses of obediant people, wake up. These will be the irrational, drooling, and distraught people. All we can do is focus the message so that when they awake from their slumber we have a message to send them that explains what they just realized upon waking up.

You've summed up the thing they are really afraid of. People won't read this stuff now. They'll read sites like this later. Whe it finally matters to them. I even believe that groups like the NAACP,ACLU, etc will be embraced by Repulicans later on.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Ive been getting this awful sense of deja vu as ive been watching+reading bout all this for a while now-Nazi Germany comes to mind..why did those Jews not try+get out in time,i always wonder? America used to be known as the "Land of the Free",i seem to recall..These are simple words from a simple,down to earth woman: Get outa there,if its at all financialy possible ..while there is yet time.Just that.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i never watch it anyway. its full of rubbish

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Im currently in a Civics class, and there is a bill called "Bill of the Attainder" it says Government can basically send you to jail upon suspicion of terrorist activity or anything like that and keep you there even if you didn't have anything to do with a terrorist organization. The Constitution, however, Denies this bill. Most specifically with the Fifth Amendment; "no person shall be held to answer for a capitol or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land and naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger, nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compnsation."

I don't know if this will help, but I thought I should just put this out there. If you already knew this I'm sorry for repeating it.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Do you believe in our republic where the majority (sort of) makes the rules? Now if 70% of us qualify as idiots do you still believe in the majority ruling? What if they vote to give up their (and your) freedoms? That is how the vote works. If the majority votes for food stamps instead of the constitution do you think the minority should take over?
A republic or democracy is great until you realize the masses are to stupid to make their own decisions, I submit the USA and other western countries as evidence to support that statement.
Given the emotional maturity of the average human, I think it is safe to say that any society that is governed all or in part by the masses, will come to this.
So what is the answer? Pray to God or Big Bang or what ever unexplainable miracle you believe created this matrix.
But while you are waiting for your prayers to be answered, love your neighbor, care for your loved ones and laugh as much as possible.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I stopped watching the news a long time ago.......

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Amazing pic!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Glad you mentioned that.
You might want to see the Update

The government has their solution already;

NEWS HEADLINE: US Government commences the construction of large shipping vessels for live

[white] human slave exports to China. The US Treasury expects to generate enough money to keep

Congress in a lifestyle they have previously become accustomed to. The first vessel under

construction is 'The Bernanke', Captain Blythe is reported to have said, "We've already nicknamed

The Bernanke to 'The Mudguard', because like the real Bernanke, it has a shiny top, with #

underneath". US Government official say this is the first ever 100% environmentally friendly ocean-

going craft, stating that because it is human powered, it runs on bady fat rather than valuable Fossil

Fuels.

Can't remember where i got that (probably ATS) but it fits......

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
s/f to the OP -

the following quote is from lee iacocca from his book "where have all the leaders gone?" and posted here on ats back in april 2008

i was sick of it then and i am sick of it now -

I Had Enough?

Am I the only guy in this country who's fed up with what's happening? Where the hell is our outrage? We should be screaming bloody murder. We've got a gang of clueless bozos steering our ship of state right over a cliff, we've got corporate gangsters stealing us blind, and we can't even clean up after a hurricane much less build a hybrid car. But instead of getting mad, everyone sits around and nods their heads when the politicians say, "Stay the course."

Stay the course? You've got to be kidding. This is America, not the damned Titanic. I'll give you a sound bite: Throw the bums out! You might think I'm getting senile, that I've gone off my rocker, and maybe I have. But someone has to speak up. I hardly recognize this country anymore. The President of the United States is given a free pass to ignore the Constitution, tap our phones, and lead us to war on a pack of lies. Congress responds to record deficits by passing a huge tax cut for the wealthy (thanks, but I don't need it). The most famous business leaders are not the innovators but the guys in handcuffs. While we're fiddling in Iraq, the Middle East is burning and nobody seems to know what to do. And the press is waving pom-poms instead of asking hard questions. That's not the promise of America my parents and yours traveled across the ocean for. I've had enough. How about you?

I'll go a step further. You can't call yourself a patriot if you're not outraged. This is a fight I'm ready and willing to have.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

there was only a few replies to the above rant -
edit on 15-1-2012 by musselwhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This is why I joined this site. Reading posts such as this is like a breath of fresh air for me. For the past ten years I have been watching this country slowly degrade into what it is today. The news isn't even news, it's more entertainment than anything else. The only good source of news on the television these days in my opinion is democracy now. I also agree we need to get into the 1776 mindset of taking back our county for the good of all the people and not the few at the top. What will it take for this to happen?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by SuperTripps

So be a sheeple???? Thats your solution??

"Don't focus on the things you can't change,

only those that you can.

Tell me, what can YOU change?

Posting on the internet... is that how you plan to change the world?

Good luck.

One thing is certain, in my opinion, nothing, no one of us, alone or collectively can stop the real changes that are coming.... Whether they are good or bad is hardly relevant now.

I understand that..I understand it trust me..law of vibration and all of that. but if we don't communicate and get together...and CARE..there will be no future. the elites have used the law of attraction and vibration against us

if you don't get that yet..i can't help you

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
its times like this im happy i live in england nuthin like that will ever pass through our goverment although they are a bunch of baboons who dnt kno how to run a country

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
One of the posts in here asked "How did we let it get so bad?" Truth is I think there were concerted efforts to eliminate potential threats to whatever agenda is being unfolded.

For example:

Back in the 60's and 70's there was quite a bit of social unrest. Protests against the Vietnam war were occurring, there was the Civil rights unrest periods etc. From this turmoil came a few very head strong leaders that worked towards real change. Namely Martin Luther King, Malcom X, John Lennon, John F Kennedy. Now fast forward to today's era and I ask the following questions:

1. Which of those leaders are still alive?
2. Is it a coincidence that ALL of the above freedom fighters (pun not intended [iran contra]) are no longer around?

The above is actually quite telling in terms of how we got to where we are, and why things are so bad. Those people who tried were silenced.

Ive spent a great deal of time thinking about this very subject, trying to understand how it happened.

I wonder why people dont see that media pundits are rigging elections in the USSA (Barak Obama won on a popularity contest that was propped up by the media loving him to death, and Ron Paul is struggling because the same media pundits are purposely trying to demonize his message) ,

I wonder why people are so complicit in whats going on (either through apathy, or fear)

I wonder why people actually buy into the whole terrorism propaganda and dont think to question what happens when you allow the government to protect you from a boogy man that doesn't actually exist (loss of liberty?)

I wonder why we keep bickering over petty inconsequential issues (abortion, etc.) and can never seem to find agreement, and all the while we are bickering more of our freedoms are being secretly snatched up.

I wonder what would our founding father say if they were here today

I wonder just what the hell is going on, and when will people finally have had enough?

Finally I wonder will we be too late when people have finally had enough?
edit on 17-1-2012 by KineticX because: spelling sucked

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
well said. It´s amazing how far out everything has become. Obama is a lying scumbag, hopefully the last one ever

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Hear! Hear!, (or is it "Here! Here!".... Still haven't figured that one out)

Praise the Lord, and Pass the Ammunition!

Imagine if just 1% of the population had finally had enough, and marched on Washington......... Sorry, the vision was too pleasant!

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that we've allowed the Behemoth to grow to such an extent as to preclude even a voilent grass-roots overthrow by even a majority of the citizenry. Remember what the Senate voted for last month in the still of the night? Now the Army can operate on Sovereign Soil against Sovereign Citizens and lock our Sovereign asses up indefinately.. And don't forget your Local Stormtroopers...... Err... Police Force.

TPTB have truly got us all where they want us: Under-Informed, Under-educated, and Under Their Thumb.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join