It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't even turn on the news anymore.....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I wholeheartedly am pulling my hair out in frustration with you. However,

We need Americans to start acting like Americans in 1776, we need to take the country back, our government neither deserves it nor cares about it, I am ashamed to be an American and it's not because of where I live, it is because I tolerate this government to run it.

Start acting like 1776? We need to start acting like a 21st century global culture. It's not 1776 anymore...

And that is why we fail.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
"Bread and Circuses" (or bread and games) (from Latin: panem et circenses) is a metaphor for a superficial means of appeasement. It was the basic Roman formula for the well-being of the population, and hence a political strategy unto itself. In the case of politics, the phrase is used to describe the creation of public approval, not through exemplary or excellent public service or public policy, but through diversion, distraction, and/or the mere satisfaction of the immediate, shallow requirements of a populace. The phrase also implies the erosion or ignorance of civic duty amongst the concerns of the common man (l'homme moyen sensuel).

Seems little changes

After the Empire fell ...we entered the Dark Ages .....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm just throwing this out there, but with all this talk of patriotism....do you think it's possible there could be another American civil war in the future because of all this?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by HallamFoe
I'm just throwing this out there, but with all this talk of patriotism....do you think it's possible there could be another American civil war in the future because of all this?

I really can't see that happening in this day and age.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Online news is even getting bad.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HallamFoe

We would have had one long ago if it wasn't for fluoride

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

its not a lack of unity it is an over abundance of fear

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

good image, glad, but i had to save image etc to see the whole. rt side is cut off in the ATS page view....
can i use it in the ron paul street corner events in phx?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
USA will be remembered as a filthy cesspool, and its citizens will be remembered as brainwashed morons.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Those who own more than their fair share in this country fully believe they rightly own it, they aren't going to just give up their power. You aren't going to just convince these people to give up their life savings to help the rest of America, they stole it fair and square. Sad thing is most of wealth got where it is today not by hard work, but pencil pushing and underhanded schemes, the only people in this country that do "hard work" get paid little and are forced to stand humbly by while everyone else steps all over their face.

We all know that elections and peaceful protests aren't going to change anything, it's like pouring a glass of fresh water in an ocean of greed and tears. Now, the federal government just does whatever it wants, it doesn't matter if it has opposition from the majority of Americans or not. Soon, we might not even be able to talk about it on the internet.

I don't think very many governments of the world started out as totalitarian regimes, especially mankinds very first civil union. Somewhere along the lines they all sink into greed and power, this is what happens to people when their head gets too big, they get delusional and start collaborating with other delusional individuals. Individuality went out the window a long time ago, no men are created equal anymore, we are split into factions and we aren't individuals, merely an unwilling or unknowing representative of our faction. We've been de-individualized, de-humanized.

We have Christians against homosexuals, blacks against whites, whites against blacks, left vs right, establishment vs populist, moms against dads, brothers against sisters and even churches against soldiers. All playing pitiful games with their money and idiotic ideas while our federal government basically bargains our freedoms away so some particular group of people can feel like they stepped all over someone else for a while, until next term when more of our freedoms are bargained away from the "other" group for the exact same thing it was before... minus the individual freedoms and liberties.

This is just what happens to governments, our founding fathers tried to warn and protect us from this with our US constitution. It wasn't an original idea by any means, this has been happening since the dawn of our civilization, it's just we've grown so fat and stupid we have forgotten the basic principles of what brought us here and the federal government literally forgot where it came from, the government cannot exist alone.

Sad thing is, unless some ingenious solution is proposed by someone who knows the future, either the same people will stay in power with the same idealisms or a whole new set of people (or their children/grandchildren) will eventually become corrupt. Greed and apathy are part of human nature. So enjoy, your just along for the ride in someone else's delusional fantasy, this isn't your country anymore and in practice you don't have many of your rights left.

Either all will become one or one will become all, that is the purpose of life.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The sad part is theses lazy "citizens" are our friends and family. By not being able to sit and watch T.V. means more time spent away from family and friends. probably siting alone on the internet blogging.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by darkstar57

Hell yes.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I agree, america should get out of other countries, stop taking their resources, selling them weapons and selling them drugs.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Awesome job summarizing EXACTLY how I feel. I am so glad other people are awake to the crock of corrupt crap our country, our economy, and our governments at all levels have become. The sad part is so many people are asleep to what's going on; they're stuck in the manufactured liberal vs. conservative hogwash fake debate that the media produces for them. The vast majority of people are stuck in their techno cyber fake world they don't even know what's really going on.

The United States of America is tragically spiraling into a failed (for the vast majority of people - the super rich have never accumulated so much wealth in history) country and I'd say over 50% of the people who live here don't even know it.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
By then, nothing but a violent revolution will put an end to the madness. Like it or not, we are headed for a showdown...American citizens vs. government. It's coming, and it won't be pretty. I expect next year will be the year it all boils over.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: history is a result of violence between human beings essentially fighting for freedom. It's how our country was founded. It's happening in every part of the world to this day! It won't happen again in the US unless and until the middle class finally dies off and people who make the median income start feeling serious consequences to globalism and the fascist corporate/government state that's enveloping the world. When people start having trouble feeding themselves and staying warm, and they wake up and realize Rush Limbaugh was feeding them a crock of #, they'll turn.

THAT is why we have the DHS. THAT is why FEMA is doing what they're doing. THAT is why the 2011 NDAA was passed. THAT is why they're starting to enact DHS pat downs and professional sporting events. THAT is why all main stream media people who facilitate the false left right paradigm tell you that things are indeed messed up, but don't you dare ever think of using your 2nd amendment against the government. Well I got news for you people: THAT is why our founding fathers GAVE us the frikkin 2nd amendment.

I'm not advocating violence, just telling it like it is. That is also why the vast majority of median income earners in the US will not, at this point, wake up to what's going on. They can see a bad moon rising on the horizon, but the NFL playoffs are happening, they're still sitting fat and happy driving nice cars bought on credit, with no hope for a real retirement. They're chickens will come home to roost eventually.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
I am so with you on all of that! I think maybe what we lack is unity. Do you know that a lot of people don't even realize what's going on? The people I work with at the hospital don't even have a clue. We will never have unity if the word doesn't get out somehow.

For goodness sake - Occupy Wall Street was going on for a month and a half before anyone ever heard of it where I work. What is wrong with this picture?

People don't care until it affects them. Or, they know about the situaiton but are hoping that everything ends up being OK.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowmyst
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

Or to die from the sharks with laser beams.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman
"Bread and Circuses" (or bread and games) (from Latin: panem et circenses) is a metaphor for a superficial means of appeasement. It was the basic Roman formula for the well-being of the population, and hence a political strategy unto itself. In the case of politics, the phrase is used to describe the creation of public approval, not through exemplary or excellent public service or public policy, but through diversion, distraction, and/or the mere satisfaction of the immediate, shallow requirements of a populace. The phrase also implies the erosion or ignorance of civic duty amongst the concerns of the common man (l'homme moyen sensuel).

Seems little changes

After the Empire fell ...we entered the Dark Ages .....

en.wikipedia.org...

It's not going to get that bad again unless there is a massive war.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HallamFoe

Why would the war be a civil war? You mean like the liberals verses the Fox News types?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join