It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't even turn on the news anymore.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
In the late 1960's young people saw an unjust war (Vietnam) and raised hell till it was abandoned.

Some paid for the right to protest with their lives (four dead in Ohio)...Kent State U.

Today, the young accept any invasion of their freedoms with indifference, even acceptance.

The American experiment with freedom has been canceled due to a lack of interest.

edit on 13-1-2012 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

And a scientist is killed inside his country , by another government.

I think it is an old game they are going to play.

Anarchy from the inside of middle eastern countries.
+
Poverty inside American society.(the investors took out their money)
+
Lies as excuses to start new wars.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Nothing can change until the bottom truly drops out, because everyone is vested in the system one way or another.

You would have to do with less (comfort, security, food etc) for the rest of your lives in order to right all that is wrong with our current system. At this point nobody wants the discomfort of taking that plunge (except the downtrodden), so we will continue as long as we can, until something big enough (multiple world wide disasters) happens that forces us into creating a new system.

edit on 13-1-2012 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
very well said indeed! and while i personally read the news all day everyday, multiple sites - Infowars.com. PrisonPlanet.com, msnbc.com, Cnn.com and ATS to name a few i do it purely to know whats coming at us - fore knowledge is fore armed! I have always prided myself on being a student of history for reasons i do not quite yet understand myself except this overwhelming feeling of " you'll be glad you did" I encourage every person i meet to read everything you can get your hands on, it doesnt matter what it is - it will only be a matter of time before the government takes a page out of Hitlers book and starts burning books it considers subversive - its already starting with the internet and SOPA. by writing down the pertinent informations that may help us survive what ever may come or saving it to our computer hard drives before it disappears entirely will be the difference between life and death one day...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well there is a constitutional lawyer sitting in the oval office right now and he supposedly knows what's in the constitution.

Why were are screwed because of indoctrination of the educational systems and media the current state of the union is no different than any other time two wolves fighting over sheep just turns out there is more outcry when their is an R by there names.

Then comes the "false left right paradigm myth "they are both the same for people who say they watch the news and still say that the largest expansions of Government power and control come from one side but they pass it off as the other guy.

Which goes back to the educational system of America and media but particular "education" from the internets

Electing the next savior the next messiah Paul will not change the path that this nation is on change has to come from within and that means the individual not the state not the Government and not the next messiah.

People always set themselves up for falls which is why this nation exists the simple fact is you can't please everyone all the time and they become complacent they think Congressman or a potus is looking out for you they aren't both sides doesn't matter are only looking out for themselves and what keeps them in power.

There is no American left who has what it takes to set this country back on the path that it was founded as some may say they are sure they Pander sure they will tear down their opponents to make themselves look better but they always fall short.

The power of this nation as it has always been is the people hence there is one who will never screw you and always there that you can count on and who will never let you down.

You the American but you want to elect kings and queens to take all responsibility away cradle to grave the thought state.

edit on 13-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I understand the principle behind this outlook. Zen. I get it.

I just can't sit around and willfully ignore the glaring issues and assaults on my civil liberty.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

OWS would like a word with you, as would the Students at UC Davis (I know one personally).

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

The electronic establishment mouthpiece sits in the corner of my room like a naughty dunce.

The best thing we can do is tell other people it`s lies at every opportunity.I`ve educated most of my family to see it the same way but they still watch the non-news stuff.

But even the non-news stuff is too "newsy" for me.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
"Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the state has become lawless or corrupt. And a citizen who barters with such a state shares in its corruption and lawlessness."

~ Mohandas Gandhi

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

hear,hear! as the UK parliament would applaud your argument! you missed one little issue thats the bain of all of the U.S, thats the fact that Israel is the secret state, that controls YOU and US, that the U.S funds, defends and supports and keeps asking for more money, more defence, more policy, even more and more money! I will bet my life that every shareholder of the Federal Reserve is Jewish and Israeli aka Zionist.

until you let go and say " i'm an american, we are America" will your problems dissolve.

edit on 13-1-2012 by technologicalsingularity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
In the words of kurt cobain: We're in high school again. NO RECESS!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by inivux

OWS would like a word with you, as would the Students at UC Davis (I know one personally).

Sorry, a few OWS "protestors" sleeping in tents and living in squalor puts no presure on BigGov.
The OWS crowd just makes me yawn.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Have you noticed that the world thinks everything is a conspiracy since 9/11, to war in Iraq, the Middle East revolutions, the fall of the Euro and the American debt problem.

Does it not spell NWO, one world currency, the form of a new empire.

Now you have a multicultural president who people claim they are not sure if he is really American or a closet Muslim, who could play an important role to the whole picture.

Could it all pull into one agenda everyone has been decieved into it?

edit on 13-1-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by angellicview

I think when people are well fed, when their life is going just good, they are more oblivious. This of course is how the PTB feeds off these people. There is a certain obediant class of people, that are given comfortable jobs, they have a comfortable life, nothing they say or do will get them in much trouble. Then there is you the person who sees through the fog. You question why the world works as it does. What you find out is that those obediant class of people don't want it too change, everything is just jolly for them. Why would they want to think about stuff that doesn't affect them.

Sadly this dream will not end until these people's livelihoods are jeopardized. When the economy comes crashing down they will wake up finally. When they lose everything they have because they weren't paying attention. I do not fear a revolution from those that are awake to what is going on. I fear the revolution that will occur when the masses of obediant people, wake up. These will be the irrational, drooling, and distraught people. All we can do is focus the message so that when they awake from their slumber we have a message to send them that explains what they just realized upon waking up.

Well said, and to add one more thing: it only takes 7% of the population to make a successful revolution. The reason is because the other 93% don't give a minute.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Too busy with your Ipods, video games and celebrities to realise what has been happening to your country.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

That is what they degenerated to. The media helped to condition your mind into having that image of them. Their principle ("get money out of politics") is a valid argument, and they exercised the Constitutional right to assemble.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Never Despise
Remember when you were younger and more naive, and you first read about some of history's worst tragedies? The inquisition and witch-hunts, the holocaust, the mass deaths in the USSR and China, for example? Perhaps, if you are like me, you might have thought something like: What were the people in this society thinking? How did they ever let conditions get so blatantly evil? How on earth could they have supported such monstrous leaders? I know at least *I* would have stood up and fought for what's right, no matter what the cost.

Now take a look around you. Revisit that perspective, if it's a part of your past.

Draw your own conclusions...and act accordingly. Or live with the judgement of history.

It is way past time to go Founding Fathers on all the elites asses...and you all know what that means.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
and you bring it up to 90% of people and they don't care

got news for you folks, only people who care are on this site, zero hedge, prisonplanet, and probably a few others in their niches

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
lol
you blame Obama, blame him until the day he left office and then start to blame the next president, when will people wake-up, he is there just to take heat.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Never Despise
Remember when you were younger and more naive, and you first read about some of history's worst tragedies? The inquisition and witch-hunts, the holocaust, the mass deaths in the USSR and China, for example? Perhaps, if you are like me, you might have thought something like: What were the people in this society thinking? How did they ever let conditions get so blatantly evil? How on earth could they have supported such monstrous leaders? I know at least *I* would have stood up and fought for what's right, no matter what the cost.

Now take a look around you. Revisit that perspective, if it's a part of your past.

History has a funny way of repeating itself. When will WE, the human race, learn this important lesson?

To quoth Mr. Einstein...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join