It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't even turn on the news anymore.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+178 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Obama now wants to raise the debt ceiling by over a trillion dollars? US blocking websites from citizens view as per there discretion. American citizens legally being able to be arrested, detained and imprisoned without cause or trial under the guise of terrorism that does not exist outside of what our tyrannical government pushes them to do by there continued unjust assault on the Arab world?

I feel like I am dreaming and I woke up and wasn't back in my own reality but am stuck in one of my nightmares. What in God's name has happened to this country? Some of the people running for president have admitted by there own words they don't know what is written in our Constitution and they are winning states? What have we become?

We are in the biggest tailspin in recent history, our downfall will be taught in other countries schools in the future and they will say, this is what happens when the citizens of a country are too well fed, entertained and medicated. They associate freedom with manufactured security and bliss.

America was not meant to be this way, it was not meant to house the largest population of prisoners in the world. It was not meant to have a law on the books for every single activity of everyday life. It was not meant to make the super rich, richer while making the average hard working person poor. It was meant to be a land where people could make there own way through life, some rich, some middle class and some poor, but those decisions should be made by the people and there motivation. What is happening now is that government law dictates who those people are.

We need to get out of other countries, we need to start congress on repealing laws instead of making new ones, we need to opt out of censorship and we need to stop training our police forces to act like SS storm troopers and more like fire fighters with a gun if THEY ABSOLUTELY need it.

We need more voting on local, state and federal laws and not let an elite few in congress decide for us. We need term limits on congressmen, we need accountability for crimes committed by the federal government. Somebody please explain to me why Holder isn't in jail already for fast and furious?

We need Americans to start acting like Americans in 1776, we need to take the country back, our government neither deserves it nor cares about it, I am ashamed to be an American and it's not because of where I live, it is because I tolerate this government to run it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Thanks I needed to get that off my chest.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I am so with you on all of that! I think maybe what we lack is unity. Do you know that a lot of people don't even realize what's going on? The people I work with at the hospital don't even have a clue. We will never have unity if the word doesn't get out somehow.

For goodness sake - Occupy Wall Street was going on for a month and a half before anyone ever heard of it where I work. What is wrong with this picture?

+46 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
We also need to make sure that you are free to post threads like this without being labeled a terrorist and being called unpatriotic for doing so.

Your OP is the purest form of patriotism in the true sense of the word.

As Bush stated "You are either with us or against us"...Well I will say that it works both ways.

Govt. is either "With us or against us" and as it looks like they have chosen to be against us, then by this action alone, THEY are the true terrorists.

Peace

S&F

edit on 13-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

it's about time you woke up.

now try and get everyone else you know to step away from the remote.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
We also need to make sure that you are free to post threads like this without being labeled a terrorist and being called unpatriotic for doing so.

Your OP is the purest form of patriotism in the true sense of the word.

As Bush stated "You are either with us or against us"...Well I will say that it works both ways.

Govt. is either "With us or against us" and as it looks like they have chosen to be against us, then by numbers alone, THEY are the true terrorists.

Peace

S&F

Your exactly right, the laws that are being passed now are not directed where they would lead the average citizen to believe, they are being put into place for use on the future dissenters of what is becoming a terrifyingly oppressive government regime. The same type we claim to want to save the rest of the world from.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

I think when people are well fed, when their life is going just good, they are more oblivious. This of course is how the PTB feeds off these people. There is a certain obediant class of people, that are given comfortable jobs, they have a comfortable life, nothing they say or do will get them in much trouble. Then there is you the person who sees through the fog. You question why the world works as it does. What you find out is that those obediant class of people don't want it too change, everything is just jolly for them. Why would they want to think about stuff that doesn't affect them.

Sadly this dream will not end until these people's livelihoods are jeopardized. When the economy comes crashing down they will wake up finally. When they lose everything they have because they weren't paying attention. I do not fear a revolution from those that are awake to what is going on. I fear the revolution that will occur when the masses of obediant people, wake up. These will be the irrational, drooling, and distraught people. All we can do is focus the message so that when they awake from their slumber we have a message to send them that explains what they just realized upon waking up.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

The entire American society is based on one simple idea and that is brainwashing. If you take a close look at our outlets of information from advertising, news sources and entertainment there is a very common and disgusting theme, that being compliance and pacifism. Open a Mcdonalds on every corner and give everyone a credit card and cable tv.

The people enacting riots in other places across the globe are not so lucky, some of them are hungry, some are cold, some can't take care of there families, they are willing to fight for justice. Even a homeless person in America can survive by eating out of dumpsters because there is a massive and disgusting amount of waste in every corner of this country.

Government programs they promote as being for the people are anything but, they take the jobs away, take away your independence with poor decisions and law making and then make you beg to suckle from the government tit and in doing so, you sign away your right and want to freedom.

edit on 13-1-2012 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It may be time to pull the plug on the Frankencountry idea that has been crafted in the past few years. Too many additives, just like in the food. Retro-government values. Breathe out, cut out the bad parts, prune the tree of all it's choking branches, and carry on.

Remember that the media is bought by corporations. TV is more like one big commercial with some news in to break the pace. I am glad that you found out about the multimedia agenda: to waste your time with an endless waterfall of distant irrelevant frivolous repetitive facts, to increase your adrenaline level, and to hypnotize you into someone else's program for your life. The program involves eating and shopping, and working on getting others to eat and shop.

Disclaimer: the next thing to get fed up at, I predict, will be the Internet.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

Your right, every media outlet we can view on television is nothing but one big commercial. The problem is that 80% of the country doesn't know it.

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The Ron Paul is strong in this one...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Just............ Awesome...........

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I've actually stopped watching any news stations all together. I get my news from right here on ATS. I continue to stay MUCH more informed than most everyone else in my life and I do it with out being inundated with "journalists" telling me what I am supposed to think and feel.

Though to be fair, I have been watching the presidential debates, but that is the closest thing I have seen to a news cast on TV in the past 6 months or so.

Best decision I have made in many years. I am just this side of getting rid of my TV all together.

CNN, Fox News, MSNBC etc.... I don't miss them one bit.

I always smile when some one comes to me and says " Hey, did you hear about such and such? I just heard about it on CNN today" and I can repsond, yeah, I heard about that on ATS over a week ago.

edit on 13-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

One of the few ways that I can see this country peacefully going back on the right track would be to do it through elections. I don't just mean elect one person and we're saved, but transform the whole damn government. The people would have to work together nationwide to ensure that people are elected to the government at all levels, and that those people are completely loyal to the Constitution and the will of their constituents. How hard could that really be?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Its not worth it-control information. Its like the new Soviet Union

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Well said sir, agree with it all. It's all tragic to see what happened to this country and honestly seems impossible to fix at this point. Corporations and other special interests simply have too much power over govt and the election process at this point and people are far too brainwashed by the corporate run mainstream media.

People have been suckered into this stupid 2 party system of constant pointless red team vs blue team pissing contest where no change actually happens and each side just wants to win and screw over the other side more than they want to actually help our country. Meanwhile the rich and elite laugh as they watch us argue amongst ourselves indefinitely about pointless issues, knowing ultimately the only people who will really win will be them.

Not to mention, the only people who seem to run for govt are self centered, sadistic bastards who want power over others and more wealth, there are very very very few who are in govt for the right reasons at this point.

I especially agree on the laws thing, it is utterly ridiculous that congress can pass all these laws and extra crap hidden within bills for other laws. It is utterly ridiculous that they think their job is to just sit there and come up with more laws. We don't need more laws. More and more these laws only restrict our rights, and give our wealth and power over to the govt and corporations. Congress needs to be completely replaced and their job needs to be changed to mainly look at all the ridiculous current laws and start repealing them and returning us to our constitution. Of course, this will never happen though. Those in power use any means necessary to stay in power.
edit on 13-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Hear! Hear!

OP, that was an outstanding post. You nailed every reason why we need Ron Paul to lead us out of this quagmire. Sadly, however, our elections are not free and our future president has already been chosen, albeit Romney or Obama, we the people really don't have any say in the matter.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
The Ron Paul is strong in this one...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
That people imagine they have until November to worry about Ron Paul winning/losing the election shows just how ripe the time is for them to take real and quick and decisive action, before then. IMO.

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Remember when you were younger and more naive, and you first read about some of history's worst tragedies? The inquisition and witch-hunts, the holocaust, the mass deaths in the USSR and China, for example? Perhaps, if you are like me, you might have thought something like: What were the people in this society thinking? How did they ever let conditions get so blatantly evil? How on earth could they have supported such monstrous leaders? I know at least *I* would have stood up and fought for what's right, no matter what the cost.

Now take a look around you. Revisit that perspective, if it's a part of your past.

Draw your own conclusions...and act accordingly. Or live with the judgement of history.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join