It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Racism" is 100% natural, and is not evil. Homogenization is.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneiros247

Well spacekc seem to be one. You seem to be another.
You both are justifying policies and thereby enforcing such policies that will, if not stopped, result in a group of people dieing out. That's genocide.

"Anti-racism" is a codeword for anti-white.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
it's just like that Dr Seuss book;

The Sneetches

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
it's just like that Dr Seuss book;

The Sneetches

Never read that !!! explain please lol

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneiros247

Then omit 'race' from that section of my post, and replace it with 'cultural identity'. I would still ask the same question.

Alright. Question being: "If you grow up with a brother of a different cultural identity, who was adopted into your family while you were both 5 years old, would you bar that brother from participating in traditions specific to your own race?"

It depends on if the cultures mesh well, or if they clash and create friction. But if they created friction, I dont think the original family would have adopted that child, and by extension its culture in the first place.

I advocate every culture being able to choose freely what to integrate into itself, and what not to. If the culture in question is a single family unit, Im pretty sure the child at age 5 would not be bringing much culture at all into the family. 5 year olds are still forming their identities and still learning, and have yet to attach themselves to any culture.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

This story is an allegory for prejudice and discrimination, and also offers a lesson of materialism and entrepreneurship.
Sneetches are a group of vaguely avian yellow creatures who live on a beach. Some Sneetches have a green star on their bellies, and in the beginning of the story the absence of a star is the basis for discrimination. Sneetches who have stars on their bellies are part of the "in crowd," while Sneetches without stars are shunned and consequently mopey.

en.wikipedia.org...

link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

You're beginning to drink the wrong koolaid. The thinking you've expressed is common among small minded peoples who don't see the bigger picure....not calling you that exactly.

The bigger picture is that all of humanity should be one. We must be one when we meet our space brothers and sisters. How can we expect to be ready for the universe when we're still fractured on Earth and worrying about preserving "my culture"? Are you kidding me?

Get the bigger picture and leave the small stuff behind.

Same goes for people in America who "wish to see America return to how it used to be". Those people are thinking small and don't see the bigger picture of working to make the ENTIRE planet prosperous.

Compare what I'm saying to a kid in Compton who is concerned about preserving his "hood" through banging. How silly does that seem to you when his "hood" is merely a speck on this planet? Someone who has travelled and seen other places would laugh at such a mindset.

There should be only one culture we concern ourselves with, and that's HUMAN culture. Anything else is divisive and separatism is the main tool of the Devil.

link   

I think perhaps you have misinterpreted the definition of "racist". What you are talking about is racial pride. Racism is the general derogatory treatment or reference to people or ideas of another culture or race.

If what you are speaking of were as far as it went, I would not mind it. But racism these days tends to lead to harming innocent people who are just as proud of their heritage and race as you are of yours. Unfortunately, they also have to be afraid because people like you support racism, despite its inevitable consequences.

"Live and let live"? Yeah right. Since when has that ever happened in racism?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoderickBateman
Asking white people and only white people "what is a white person?" is code for "there is no such thing as white people. That is denying that they exist. That is genocide.

Holy sheepsh!t. If this is an honest example of your logical process, I seriously doubt that there is - or ever was - some sliver of a chance of us reaching an understanding.

First of all, I highly doubt that the number of people you have implied are 'anti-white' for simply disagreeing with your opinions have asked you 'what is a white person'? I call your last reply to me (in which you COMPLETELY MADE UP A QUESTION I DIDN'T EVEN ASK YOU) into question.

Also, denying something exists (which is not synonymous with legitimately asking for clarification on what a generalized term means) is not Genocide, by any stretch of the word.

You are using the word 'Genocide' in the way that Reverse-Racists (which is actually the word you're meaning to use in a lot of your text) use the word 'Racism'. It screams hypocrisy.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Oneiros247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by Oneiros247 because: typos

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by VivaLaEvolution
reply to post by RoderickBateman

To you, I might be a little foolish.That's ok. You, on the other hand seem to lack a bit in the reading department, as I have specifically addressed the "every nation has done something to some other nation" issue.

Correct me, however, if I'm wrong, but doesn't genocide mean the killing of a certain population, based solely on them being of a certain ethnicity?
Doesn't killing also mean that the individual killed would have to be alive to begin with?
Those allegedly murdered White children never lived. They never exsisted. Mixed people are mixed from conception and mostly by their parents' choice.So, tell me, how exactly is that genocide?
By claiming that voluntary "blood mixing" is "genocide", you offend those who have really suffered and died.

There are recognized genocides that have been comitted against white people and children. The Holocaust was against mainly White people. The Armenian genocide, the genocide comitted by Christian Serbs against Moslem Bosnians in former Yugoslavia.Maybe you won't want to recognize those, because they were comitted by Whites against Whites. It doesn't diminish their validity.

And no, I have nothing against White people, as I have already mentioned. I believe in the beauty of every culture and the equality of all people.
As a matter of fact, while I look a certain way and I am of a certain descent, I see myself as a human, earthling, Homo Sapiens Sapiens.
I am equally "proud", (for lack of a better word), of all accomplishments of all people, as I see myself as one of them.
That doesn't mean though that I will deny anything that has happened or try to twist the truth to fit my needs and my momentary degree of self-pity.

Ya I saw what you thought of the "every nation has done something to some other nation" issue but for some reason I doubt the groups who were wiped out would think the same as you. They would probably be quite angry with you. The opinion that only genocides commited by white people are legitimate.

You are one sick person. You pick and choose events in history to argue with to achieve political goals. You political goal results in the genocide of white children.

Also you really should probably look up the definition of genocide.
Genocide does not have to be violent. It does not have to involve killing people. It simply has to involve conditions imposed that would result in a people dieing out. Flooding all white countries and only white countries with millions of non-whites and then demanding that all the whites mix until there are no more white children is genocide.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You want to know what God thinks of racism and bigotry? I'm going to tell you a story, and by the accounts of the Israelites really happened.

The Prophet Moses married an Ethiopian woman (black african), a non-hebrew. His older sister Miriam didn't like that and was very outspoken against it and hated her infact. So God had Moses bring Miriam before him in the temple and he cursed her with leperousy and told Moses to put her outside the Israelites' camp for 7 days so that all of them would see her shame and how he punished her for her wickedness, and on the 7th day Moses was to go out and pray over her and she would be healed.

Miriam learned her lesson, and from that day forth she had a change of attitude and she kept her mouth shut over the issue.

edit on 13-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
reply to post by kimish

so why the need for human to human transplants then..............?

Maybe because human hearts work better in a human? That's not to say that baboon hearts don't work either, because they have.

Correct me if i'm wrong but when a human needs something from another human don't they try to get that something from someone of the same race?

Why are they now finding that drugs for certain ailments work better for some races and not others? Surely it's because we are all the same, right?

Talking about how races are different is certainly taboo. Why is that? In order to understand one another we must take off the cloth that covers us and leaves us blinded. Understanding something is one way to get rid of the ignorance surrounding it and if we continue that "all races are the same, we are all one race" we will never understand and appreciate how different we are thus leaving the ignorance that we live with.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoderickBateman
reply to post by Oneiros247

Well spacekc seem to be one. You seem to be another.
You both are justifying policies and thereby enforcing such policies that will, if not stopped, result in a group of people dieing out. That's genocide.

I'm sorry, Caudicus, but I just inexplicably lost any ability to take this thread seriously. I respect your opinion, but...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Yea I don't think I buy into the whole white race dying out, I don't know if that even makes sense, but watever. We are all human, why not stop there?? People seem to get upset over nothing...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Racism is not natural, it is inbedded into our heads when we are little kids. Most likely by our own parents. I grew up with a black step dad and my bros and sisters are all half black, so I didn't grow up with it. But the chances are if your parents are racists you are too.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

You're beginning to drink the wrong koolaid. The thinking you've expressed is common among small minded peoples who don't see the bigger picure....not calling you that exactly.

The bigger picture is that all of humanity should be one. We must be one when we meet our space brothers and sisters. How can we expect to be ready for the universe when we're still fractured on Earth and worrying about preserving "my culture"? Are you kidding me?

I think you missed the part where I said humanity should be uniting together. Perhaps it was how I suggested we all unite that you did not like

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

I think you missed the part where I said humanity should be uniting together. Perhaps it was how I suggested we all unite that you did not like

Omfg, he DOES understand...

btw, just thought I would mention this thread is :bnghd:
edit on CFridaypm505040f40America/Chicago13 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

edit on CFridaypm323241f41America/Chicago13 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
What? You don't think that denying a group of people existing is a common step in genocide? The communists often said stuff along the lines of "christians are a social construct," right before they blew their brains out and starved millions more.

Originally posted by Oneiros247You are using the word 'Genocide' in the way that Reverse-Racists (which is actually the word you're meaning to use in a lot of your text) use the word 'Racism'. It screams hypocrisy.

edit on 13-1-2012 by Oneiros247 because: typos

Could you define what a "Reverse-racist" is? And then define "Racist?" Maybe even define Genocide?

Originally posted by Oneiros247What exactly is a "White Country?" Can you point one out on a map? Not just a country that is primarily white (just as countries in Africa aren't known as "Black Country"), but a country that is actually referred to and recognized as a "White Country." Where?

... Are you honestly going to try and deny that you asked that question?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Maybe what we should be asking is whether or not we want to unite. I dont think we do. We'd much rather just take whatever from whoever we want, as long as we have the biggest stick. Whoever doesn't have the stick is busying himself on how he is going to get the stick. This is what the human race has turned into. We're just a bunch of sniveling rats wherever we go, destroying everything we get near, including ourselves. Im surprised we haven't just blown our selves up yet. Probably will soon...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

That is all fine and dandy. People are allowed to do what they want.

preservation of one culture/race can easily escalate to the eradication and destruction of other races/cultures. Or did we not learn anything from WW2??

I do not see it wrong to want to preserve a culture but if you think about it .. the culture one can wish to protect changed and evolved over centuries..generations.. whatever culture/race you are it has change through out the centuries regardless of what you believe.

The people who wish to preserve whatever race or culture they are now have already been compromised one way or another in the past... as many races/cultures have been influenced or changed by other races /cultures..

all they are trying to do now is preserve an already compromised race/culture. It is really stupid and retarded.

Things change if cultures and especially races were not meant to mix then nature would have set it up so they cannot inter mingle.. but... that is not the case..

I encourage people to preserve their race/culture... just do not impose it on others nor reprimand those who do not agree with you within your race/culture.

I really do not get why people get hung up with "racism"

edit on 13-1-2012 by yaluk because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by yaluk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

*ahem* did someone mention a race of viruses? Oh, just me hearing things, I guess...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join