It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Racism" is 100% natural, and is not evil. Homogenization is.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I agree our diversity is both our strength and beauty. What has happened is that White/Protestant culture has been taught through the educational system to the be the scourge of other races/religions which has ingrained a response of guilt.
Our history is that of subjugation of the native populace and of slavery of blacks and indians. Fact is, every race/nation has practiced some form of violence towards others at some time in the past.
I agree with your post and find it refreshing to see such politically incorrect writing. I will not apologize for who I am or for whatever my ancestors may have done. Many of my family are descendants of Southerners who fought for the Confederacy. Celebrating my family past does not mean I condone slavery as many would assert. We all should be able to take pride in our ancestry wherever we came from. We can also learn from their mistakes.
I believe that White/Protestant culture has been purposefully torn down to leave the dominant and most numerous (not for long) group in America bereft of it's coherent influence and to further divide the population.
The real shame here is that our greatest achievments in Art, Music and Literature are no longer being used to educate and inspire our young while falling over ourselves trying to accommodate the wishes of a few.
Again, I don't feel we should exclude anyone in our educational system - we should learn about all cultures because each has something unique to bring to the table.
Blasting The Ride of the Valkyries from my car stereo does not make one a racist but it can sure get you some strange looks.

I read your post and have found that different groups specific to their functios acess totally different values upon this topic and how they view it. I don't know if you have read any of my posts that sometimes describe my several jobs....but I think I have a unique perspective on how these certain groups either employ a method of dealing with this issue or place different values upon what degree of importance it is to them.

As I explained my view a few posts ago...that was from one job perspective. But because I am relatively wealthy...I see other people of wealth viewing this in two specific ways. One way is that they almost make it a hobby to go out of their way to try to speak for a Race or Class of people that they have almost no experience or knowledge about. Yet they go to $10,000 a plate fund raisers and speak as if they are an authority on the plight of this group or that...this makes me sick.

The other wealthy group...dismisses the...as they have declared them unfortunates even if they do not understand that the person who is working their field and living a full life with their family...even without all the electronic toys that most in the west enjoy....are Happy and although there is always room for an even better life...they wish this improvement to be on their own terms and not those of the Elite Enlightened.

I think diversity and customs carried down through generations is a good thing and makes us who we are. There certainly is nothing wrong with the next generation choosing their own path as this is common in the melting pot that is the U.S. But this was done by choice. Our current problems are dealing with a self declared enemy that is imposing their will upon their own people and again...the people who are most vocal in their declarations that what the U.S. Military is doing in the field is a war against this or that peace loving people of a region they have never set foot in....also makes me sick. Unless you have been there and understand the complexities of how Millions of Tons of U.S. Food Aid gets taken away from those in need by gun point and just to make a point...one of the Villagers who accepted this food gets executed as a warning....people who extoll the virtues of their plans to Get U.S. Military or Aid out of a region....would have a very different view as they starved wearing a head to toe Burka while their daughter gets stoned to death because she was raped and it is a matter of honor.
People are still very much animals...including the Well Dressed drivers of a $75,000 car. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I disagree with you about two things. The first is your belief that people have to change for things to get better. It is my perception, speaking as a student of both humanity and history, that human nature is both Protean and unchanging, and if we wait for ourselves to evolve into angels, we will wait for ever. But history also shows that social harmony can be attained, at least for a time, with the right laws, properly enforced, and the right customs.

I also disagree with you about American culture. There is plenty of it, and it has been so successfully propagated that it now looks like world culture.

For example, all the world's music is influenced by America. The blues, jazz, country, rock 'n' roll and hip-hop may have their roots in West African griot music and British border ballads (to name two of their many sources) but they are authentic American art forms for all that. American clothes, American slang, American religion are popular all over the world. Some American culture is pretty scuzzy – fast food, shopping malls, plastic surgery – but these, too, have conquered the world. And don't forget American high culture. The modern novel would be a very different thing – it would barely exist – were it not for Mark Twain, Sinclair Lewis, Hemingway, Faulkner and dozens of other innovators. The plastic arts, since the Second World War, have been entirely dominated by American artists, critics and collectors. And then there's Hollywood. I could go on and on (and on)...

You are immersed in it, so it's hard for you to see. We who observe America from afar perceive it better.

edit on 13/1/12 by Astyanax because: of enforcement.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I like the cut of your jib, SplitInfinity.

Like you, I have travelled and lived in a number of different countries and cultures. I'm also very fortunate in that my life and work have put me at ease in most social classes. People who have had our good fortune tend to see the world very differently from those whose experience has largely been confined to the community, class or culture in which they grew up. Americans are particularly vulnerable to this error because America is so big and so multifarious that for most Americans it appears as all the world in itself. But you, an American, and I, a South Asian, can see the good side as well as the bad side of our own and other people's cultures, and we know that under the veneer of culture people are pretty much the same everywhere.

It seems you prefer the melting pot, while I tend to side with the OP and multiculturalism. Certainly both have their advantages and their disadvantages. I am biased towards multiculturalism because I am myself a man of two cultures in whose veins runs the blood of at least three different ethnic groups.

You, I do not doubt, have your own reasons for your choices. It sounds awfully smug to say it, but I honestly wish more people could be like us. That would achieve the OP's vision of a multicultural utopia. Unfortunately it will never happen – unless, perhaps, the age of empires returns.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This is how "racism" works on planet earth............

Asia for the Asians, Africa for the Africans, White countries for Everybody

It is said that there is this RACE problem. They say this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to "assimilate," i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I'm not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn't object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mr1alphaalpha

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

This, I'm sorry to say, is a very telling remark. What it tells us about you is very disturbing.

I will refrain from name-calling and offer you an example of how wrong you are. I have lived the better part of my adult life in a country torn apart by ethnic conflict. I have seen and heard innumerable examples of racism, some of them perpetrated by people whom I call my friends, even my relatives, and none of these examples had anything to do with white people. The racism of which I speak pertains to a couple of brown-skinned ethno-linguistic groups that share a country and loathe each other. You would not even be able to tell them apart.

In my world, this is the customary visage of racism.

What you are objecting to is really the remorse and regret articulated by thoughtful, feeling white people concerning white Europeans' (and Americans') past mistreatment of non-whites. And yes, of course these concerns have been taken up and amplified by the non-white descendants of those mistreated people, as well as by various interest groups that see an advantage in talking up the past sins of white folk. For all that, one cannot sensibly claim that the mistreatment did not occur, nor that the consequences of it have not lasted to this day. Part of the white man's burden is, and must necessarily be, a burden of guilt.

It must be galling for a white person (who has as much reason to be proud of his own forebears and culture as anyone else) to keep hearing about this historical bad rap, but them's the breaks. It is not a conspiracy to put white people down. It's just one of the things white people have to live with. But then, there are things we all have to live with.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

"Racism" colloquially is the now demonized self-preservation instinct that every single animal on the planet has. Humanity has formed extensions of itself and the expression of these extensions is what we call culture; thus the desire to preserve these unique cultures by their adherents is completely natural.

BULL#

Self-preservation means making connections, or metaphorically speaking - creating bridges, not burning them down.

I think you need to delve into history a lot more. You see, the culture that you admire and love so much in turn admired and loved an even older culture and so on. However, did they copy those cultures entirely? No! Because there were some aspects of the older culture that could not or should not be practiced. Also because it is completely impossible to copy cultures entirely because a lot goes lost over the course of hundreds of years.

So for you to latch on to an old culture like that; fine. If it makes you feel good then by all means go for it. But that is not racism. And if what makes you feel good is racism, the thought that you are superior or inferior just because of a skin color - then you need to do some serious reading because chances are, you are delusional and grabbing bits and pieces from everywhere to suit your PERSONAL desires rather than what actually transpired in history.

And if I may:

You are making a case for individuality; however, that was frowned upon in the old days. Do you see how you are changing the culture yourself?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
That reminds me of so called liberal anti-White "Race deniers." They will pretend to have problems with identifying who is White and who is not when people who want to preserve the White race confront them. But at the same time they have no problems identifying who is White when they talk about slavery, the Holocaust, discrimination, r-word, and so on.

The Zulus in Africa conquered and nearly wiped out the Hottentots.
But nobody says the Africans need to accept and integrate with millions of non-Blacks for this.

The Ottoman empire and Moorish empire stole large parts of Europe and made the Christians slaves.
But nobody says the Muslim countries need to accept and integrate with millions of non-Muslims for this.

People only say this about ALL White countries and ONLY White countries. But then we ALL know that THESE people are anti-White. They support the genocide of White people and at the same time call themselves “anti-racist”.

What anti-Whites don't seem to remember is that everyone White and normal just wants all races to exist.

What anti-Whites need to ask themselves is the following:

Do you agree that all races. Be it Blacks in Africa, Asians in Asia, or Whites in Europe, have an equal right to ensure the survival of their own race and cultures in their own countries.

We ALL know that anti-racist is a codeword for anti-White.

edit on 13-1-2012 by mr1alphaalpha because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by mr1alphaalpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

So you didn't read my post, or you read it and refused to think about it. Very well.

@Caticus Maximus: this is why a 'change of mind' can never be universal. There will always be human beings who think like mr1alphaalpha; but the right laws and customs (and the right balance of the two) can, I believe, help limit the damage and heartbreak caused by such attitudes and beliefs. You say you're a constitutionalist; well, this is one of the things constitutions are for.

edit on 13/1/12 by Astyanax because: of address.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Do you agree that all races. Be it Blacks in Africa, Asians in Asia, or Whites in Europe, have an equal right to ensure the survival of their own race and cultures in their own countries.

Where do you get this idea that there are different races of humans on this planet? Do you have any proof or sources to back up what you say? Have you EVER studied or read anything about biology and what it says about races? There is just ONE race.

There are a lot of people who are insecure about their own skin color, penis size, hair thickness, hair color, eye color, insecure about something because a politician or church/mosque/synagogue leader says, bla bla (the list is endless), that they are willing to project those insecurities as hatred, nonacceptance and in far reaching stages, violence, towards other people that they deem inferior(while those doing the discriminating have self-acceptance issues themselves).

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
InforKart

Saying race does not exist is much the same as saying genocide does not exist.

I'll let an actual geneticists set you straight.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

Where do you get this idea that there are different races of humans on this planet? Do you have any proof or sources to back up what you say? Have you EVER studied or read anything about biology and what it says about races? There is just ONE race.

There are a lot of people who are insecure about their own skin color, penis size, hair thickness, hair color, eye color, insecure about something because a politician or church/mosque/synagogue leader says, bla bla (the list is endless), that they are willing to project those insecurities as hatred, nonacceptance and in far reaching stages, violence, towards other people that they deem inferior(while those doing the discriminating have self-acceptance issues themselves).

So you are saying an Asian or a Black man is filed with "hatred" and "insecurities" for wanting to ensure the survival of their people?

I'll ask you again:

Do you agree that all races. Be it Blacks in Africa, Asians in Asia, or Whites in Europe, have an equal right to ensure the survival of their own race and cultures in their own countries

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Very true post OP. Racism is one of those things that people like to get on their high horse and preach about how evil it is. And most of the time its by white people that have only have been around nothing but other white people. Or black people who dont think its racism if you hate whitey because after all, the white mans been puttin the black man down for years. They've never been around any other ethnic groups to realize that most of the time the stereotypes are true. I live in the dirty South. I challenge anyone who claims they dont see color to come live here for a while and see how much color they notice after just a few months of living down here.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I don't think you understood what I said.

So you are saying an Asian or a Black man is filed with "hatred" and "insecurities" for wanting to ensure the survival of their people?

That is a complete misquote and putting words in my mouth. You are talking about races to which I respond there is ONE(1) race. And an "Asian" man just denominates where a person is born, nothing more...and a skin color? You do know there are people with darker skin colors everywhere right?

Do you agree that all races. Be it Blacks in Africa, Asians in Asia, or Whites in Europe, have an equal right to ensure the survival of their own race and cultures in their own countries

There is just ONE(1) race. And you did not read what I wrote which leads me to believe you do not possess the intellectual integrity to comprehend the point I made. Personally, I do not mingle with people who talk like you because I believe they are delusional.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

No my friend. My post above yours was my reply. I just didn't remember to use the reply option but you can clearly tell i am addressing your points

Cheers

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I do not believe this person. Simply because I have SEEN different. There are genetic differences between people, that does not mean they are from a different race. Now, if you would grow up(and possibly go out there and mingle with people) then maybe you would understand the point being made.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

So what you are saying is under the right circumstance (say to develop Africa) you would have no problem with every African country being flooded with Asians? So much so that Africans were set to become minorities in Africa by mid the century and then ultimately no more? Essentially no more Black Africans and just Asians and Asian/African mixed race in Africa? Really?? That sits well with you? How odd!

Cheers

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Oh and is the third time i have asked you this. A simple yes or no will do:

Do you agree that all races. Be it Blacks in Africa, Asians in Asia, or Whites in Europe, have an equal right to ensure the survival of their own race and cultures in their own countries?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
What you are objecting to is really the remorse and regret articulated by thoughtful, feeling white people concerning white Europeans' (and Americans') past mistreatment of non-whites. And yes, of course these concerns have been taken up and amplified by the non-white descendants of those mistreated people, as well as by various interest groups that see an advantage in talking up the past sins of white folk. For all that, one cannot sensibly claim that the mistreatment did not occur, nor that the consequences of it have not lasted to this day. Part of the white man's burden is, and must necessarily be, a burden of guilt.

I don't have trouble admitting that mistreatment occurred and that they are indeed sad parts of history. But why must we limit this to White people? Surely "Asian man" or "Black man" have negative periods of their history that they could acknowledge and reflect over. The mistreatment of human beings is not a "white only" phenomenon. Just because recent history is filled with examples of "White man's" mistreatment of others does not mean it's the only group worthy of scrutiny. But this seems largely to be the case in modern times.

It must be galling for a white person (who has as much reason to be proud of his own forebears and culture as anyone else) to keep hearing about this historical bad rap, but them's the breaks. It is not a conspiracy to put white people down. It's just one of the things white people have to live with. But then, there are things we all have to live with.

Would you say the same thing ("them's the breaks") if it were Asian people continually being reminded about how much bad stuff "they" did in the past? It's easy to say "that's the way it is" when it is not yourself and people like you having this stuff shoved in their face all the time.

Some people believe there is indeed a conspiracy to promote anti-white sentiment in the West and throughout the world and it is not just based on a whim either.
edit on 13/1/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

So what you are saying is under the right circumstance (say to develop Africa) you would have no problem with every African country being flooded with Asians?

You are already displaying signs of fear towards people who look different. There is no logic in your words, just fear.

So much so that Africans were set to become minorities in Africa by mid the century and then ultimately no more?

For a person who brings in "scientists" (and a geneticist at that) into his argument you are wholly mistaken. You see, humanity is set to mingle to the point that nearly everyone will have the same skin tone and eye since some genes are dominant over others. Your statement here is one of fear, as you project your own belief onto the straw man "African" that you just created while the scenario you painted is literally IMPOSSIBLE without genocide.

Essentially no more Black Africans and just Asians and Asian/African mixed race in Africa? Really?? That sits well with you? How odd!

You see, I did spot your delusional reasoning! You owe me a beer.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

All you are doing is dodging the questions. You know fine well what i am asking and anyone with an average IQ knows what you are doing. Stop playing silly semantics-its actually quite hysterical to watch though.

This is the FOURTH time i have asked you this. Simple yes or no answer please:

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join