It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Colbert to announce himself a write-in candidate for presidential run tonight on his show!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
YES!!! I hope this is true, even if it is just to test the waters. I have loooong thought he should run. Ill be watching in minutes
mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com...

The comedian Stephen Colbert will announce Thursday that he wants to be a write-in candidate in South Carolina’s Republican presidential primary. Or will he? Mr. Colbert is expected to make some sort of announcement on his program, “The Colbert Report,” Thursday night, though neither he nor his network, Comedy Central, has revealed what it will be. His program will be taped around 7:30 p.m. Thursday[/

In the event of a presidential run by Mr. Colbert, he would have to hand over responsibility for the PAC to another person. Mr. Colbert’s lawyer, Trevor Potter, said in an email Thursday afternoon that he could not comment.
ex]

edit on 12-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

As much as I love the guy, he's only going to hurt Dr. Paul with such a move. That 1% that he will likely receive, will come directly from Ron Paul's supporters. Bad form, Colbert.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

So just let romney take it then? I dont think that would be prudent, at this juncture

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
He did that the last time. I hope he does, I'll vote for him.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
eh pointless..just trying to boost his ratings. I really enjoy his show but he should throw his support behind Ron Paul at this point if he wants to contribute something meaningful.

top topics

join