It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a sea of corruption, the Paul clan stays true: Sen. Rand Paul returns $500k to U.S. Treasury

page: 1

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Like father like son, Ron Paul is well known for returning un-used funds from his congressional account back to the U.S. Treasury and refusing his congressional pension

Senator Rand Paul (son) staying true to his and his fathers' 'old right fiscally conservative nature' has just announced that he would be returning HALF A MILLION to the U.S. Treasury.

Compare that to Obama's recent $3.6 MILLION dollar family vacation to Hawaii on the taxpayer's dime.

It might not be much when you compare it to the $15 Trillion of national debt and over $70 Trillion in liabilities but they are leading by example even if not many are willing to follow.

paul.senate.gov...

Jan 12, 2012
WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Sen. Rand Paul today announced that he is returning $500,000 to the United States Treasury - money unspent from his official operating budget. The total amount being returned is more than 16 percent of Paul's original office budget. As far as is known, no U.S. Senator has returned as much to taxpayers.

"I ran to stop the reckless spending," said Paul. "And I ran to end the damaging process of elected officials acting as errand boys, competing to see who could bring back the biggest check and the most amount of pork."

At a press conference today in Louisville, Paul presented taxpayers with an "over-sized check" for $500,000, representing the money being returned to the Treasury.

"I hope this sets an example for the rest of government - at all levels," said Paul. "We can carry out our duties in a fiscally responsible way. Government can be both smart and efficient. We are proving that - and trying to convince the rest of Washington."

Paul achieved the savings while also having the most active office for a freshman in the U.S. Senate. In his first year, he introduced more legislation and amendments than any other freshman legislator, often teaming-up with fellow Senators to support legislation.

Paul has offered spending cut amendments to nearly every bill. And he has stood up for Kentucky, offering bills in support of the Commonwealth's bridges and ports, and working to stop the Environmental Protection Agency's war on coal.

Paul's office was one of only three in Washington to produce an entire fiscal blueprint for the federal government, a promise he made while campaigning in 2010. His plan, introduced in the first few weeks of his term, would balance the federal budget in five years.

Paul also kept his promise to work to reform Social Security. His proposal, introduced with Sens. Lindsey Graham and Mike Lee, would fix the entire system for 75 years. Later this month, Sen. Paul will introduce a plan to save Medicare.

edit on 12-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/13/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Changed quote to EX, please use EX not QUOTE in place of external content.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Knew Rand Paul was a good choice. we can now shove it in the face of all those pricks who wrote him off.

who remembers this ad?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
THANK YOU!!! I tried to post this 3 different ways and ATS kept booting my thread from post. The apple does nt fall far from the tree. Dr. Paul, you did a good job instructing Dr. Paul there.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I can just picture the establishment:

Great, this is just what America needs...more of those fiscally conservative rascals ruining our spending adventures.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Rand is heavilly on the side of corporations. Pretty slimy character. I like Ron's populist platitudes, but his son is just too blatant in his support for harmful corporations. Google him. Nothing like his father as far as populism goes.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

huh? you couldnt be more wrong

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
Rand is heavilly on the side of corporations. Pretty slimy character. I like Ron's populist platitudes, but his son is just too blatant in his support for harmful corporations. Google him. Nothing like his father as far as populism goes.

I'm on the side of corporations. I have a friend that owns a small, incorporated business. He personally injects about $100k a year into the local economy with his non-chain, local business. I guess I'm corrupt, too.

Man, some people just can't help but tear down a good, responsible person. Jealousy knows no bounds.

Good job, Rand! We need more people like him in Congress. 3 isn't quite enough (Rand, the elder Paul, and Kucinich).

/TOA

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Like father like son, Ron Paul is well known for returning un-used funds from his congressional account back to the U.S. Treasury and refusing his congressional pension.

I wonder if Ron is going to become the new world Robin Hood.

Take from the rich and give to the poor.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
romney would make obama's expenses seem like welfare.

i can picture him ordering 300 new presidential jackets with 24 carat lining and black tahitian pearls for button snaps.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Wow, how many of the other candidates can say this? A true hero in the fullest sense of the word.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

I guess that would be cool but Ron wouldn't steal from anybody. He would let the free market decide the fates of corrupt bankers that lose to gambling instead of having our government save them.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I've been very impressed by the ideas of Ron Paul, but sadly the American public will pay him little attention due to his age and that he doesn't look good on television. This obsession with appearance and youth would have disqualified the majority of the greatest leaders of our past, too!

new topics

top topics

join