It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emergency Committee For Israel Releases A TV AD Against Ron Paul With For Reagan Official Speaki

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Gary Bauer

Bauer received a bachelor's degree from Georgetown College in Georgetown, Kentucky and a law degree from Georgetown University. He served as Ronald Reagan's Undersecretary of Education from 1982 to 1987, and as an advisor on domestic policy from 1987 to 1988.[1] While serving under Reagan, he was named Chairman of President Reagan's Special Working Group on the Family.

He also serves on the Executive Board of Christians United for Israel, a lobby group headed by John Hagee.[6] Gary Bauer was one of the signers of the Statement of Principles of Project for the New American Century (PNAC) on June 3, 1997. He also serves on the board of the recently formed, right-wing Emergency Committee for Israel.

en.wikipedia.org...

And the video

First of all the majority of what he said was incorrect and a complete distortion of his views.
Personally I find the video repulsive, and this shows you that they are worrying

The video in fact is on this organization's front page website as well
www.committeeforisrael.com...

Who Are these people?

The Emergency Committee for Israel is committed to mounting an active defense of the US-Israel relationship by educating the public about the positions of political candidates on this important issue, and by keeping the public informed of the latest developments in both countries. Join us to help support Israel and her many friends here in the United States.

www.committeeforisrael.com...

This in fact is a TV AD for South Carolina
www.washingtonpost.com... WhJfP_blog.html

Seems to be this group just recently formed, around late 2010

An SC ad?
That could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars

And this is ON TOP of PAC political ads?

Where the hell did they get this money from?

This ad is repulsive.

Anyone in SC know how often it gets played?
edit on 12-1-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Pretty sure this has already been posted.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well they keep crawling out of the woodwork don't they. If this drags out long enough all the anti-american globalists and NWO crowd will have no where to hide. All these coming out of the closet traitors and media prostitutes are extremely worried as they should be. Ron Paul is the spokes person of a movement one which is like barking dogs in a fox hunt.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I honestly LOL'd at this video.. The faces this guy makes to be convincing are pitiful.. How obvious is it that this was politically motivated considering it mentioned Israel, paid for by Israel, and last but not least.. By the exact country who wants us to back them with Iran.. I wonder how many poor saps will believe this and think these people are the good guys..

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This was posted here.

edit on 1/12/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
LOL, it seems the israelis really do not want Dr.Paul as the president, or is it the jews? or whatever they consider themselves for this issue.
Epic funny though.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This makes me sick. It is so sad that these misguided people have allowed themselves to diverge from the true meaning of conservative and Republican and go about like it's just any brand. He studied law. He is educated. He knows what he is doing. He is conscious and aware of his actions and will be held accountable when we make the opportunity to prosecute these criminals. A Republic would not consider the military conquests of another country. A healthy Republic would not be waving the colors of another country in a Presidential election year. These treasonous maggots need to be tried and if found guilty of treason they should be hanged by ropes made of American hemp and publically done and broadcast live. The trial should be live. The sentence should be live. Their shame should be as exposed and reach as many as their blatant and belligerent commercials.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I thought they pulled the ad, maybe they got a bunch of calls about how ridiculous they were for trying to blatantly lie so hard on public television.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Project for the New American Century

This man lost any credibility when I read this.

PNAC is a NeoCon group that advocates complete military and economic domination over everyone and everything.

They were calling for the invasion of Iraq in 1998 for no reason at all. It is also important to remember that people like Cheney and the Bush's are part of this group.

I could go on and on!

Edit to add: Many points he made against RP are simply lies. Talk about goose-steppin' propaganda!

edit on 12-1-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The only truth in this video is when he said RP is not a Reagan republican.

reply to post by eLPresidente

Apparently they did pull the ad.

Last week, ECI recorded and released a statement by our director, Gary Bauer, on conservatism and foreign policy. Since then, Gary has decided to endorse a candidate in the Republican primary. In light of this, we’ve decided not to go ahead and buy airtime for this advertisement in South Carolina.

ECI website

I wonder who he decided to endorse. Could it be... Ron Paul?
edit on 12-1-2012 by N3k9Ni because: forgot the link

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Honestly, it scares me how freaked out the RP supporters get when there is negative campaigning against him.

Its out. there about every candidate, but when its about Paul its 'repulsive' or a 'witch hunt'.

No politician is a messiah. Don't make that mistake.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Honestly, it scares me how freaked out the RP supporters get when there is negative campaigning against him.

Its out. there about every candidate, but when its about Paul its 'repulsive' or a 'witch hunt'.

No politician is a messiah. Don't make that mistake.

I do not think anyone is making that mistake.

Speaking only for myself I have yet to see a negative Ron Paul video that was not outright lies or a gross misrepresentation of facts. If anything in these negative ads were true, I would not have a problem with it. As an example, you will never find me on the Romney hating bandwagon screaming that Romney likes to fire people. Why? Because it is a gross misrepresentation of what he actually said and I will speak up and inform others any time I see someone say something so ignorant. Even though I can not stand Romney, I do not support Romney. If he dropped dead tomorrow, I would not lose any sleep.

I am not sure if you actually watched the video or not, but it is very deceptive and many things in it are outright lies. Let's take a look shall we?

Point #1. Ron Paul's conservatism is isolationism and conspiratorial.

Fact: Ron Paul is not an isolationist, he is a non interventionist.
Isolationist is defined as

the policy or doctrine of isolating one's country from the affairs of other nations by declining to enter into alliances, foreign economic commitments, international agreements, etc., seeking to devote the entire efforts of one's country to its own advancement and remain at peace by avoiding foreign entanglements and responsibilities.

An "Isolationist" would refuse to trade with other Nations. Ron Paul has stated a million times over and over, "Lets be friends with everyone, lets trade with everyone". So by definition he can not be an "isolationist". So what is a non interventionist?

1. abstention by a nation from interference in the affairs of other nations or in those of its own political subdivisions.
2. failure or refusal to intervene.

As you can see, these words mean very different things. However, are they "conspiratorial"? I think not. Ron Paul has claimed that these policies of sticking our nose in the affairs of other nations is costing us trillions of dollars. There is nothing conspiratorial about it, this is a fact. So we can clearly say point #1 of this video is a lie.

Point #2. Ron Paul is hostile to our Military.

Well that is another lie. Ron Paul is a military man himself. He served. Not once I have heard him say anything negative about our Military, He has however attacked our Policy and the way our Government has used our Military. If Ron Paul was hostile to our Military, he would be happy to put them in harms way. Instead, he wants to bring our troops home and take them out of harms way. There is nothing "hostile" about that. So clearly we can say point #2 is a lie.

Point #3. Ron Paul is hostile to Israel.

Again, another lie which is easily debunked. Back when Israel bombed suspected nuclear sites in Iraq Congress condemned the attacks, except for Ron Paul. He stood alone and defended Israel's right to defend itself. Not the actions of someone who is hostile to Israel. Taking us to present day, he feels we should not be involved with Israel's regional disputes. He believes Israel should be able to as it wishes without having to ask US permission, much like the US does. This country does as it wishes and does not ask permission from anyone. Why can't Israel?

Point #4. Ron Paul was hostile to "great conservatives like Ronald Regan"

So Paul, who supported Regan, is now hostile to him? Are we talking about the same Ron Paul who has voiced support for many of Regan's policies and ideas? This is just a laughable claim that is so easily debunked, it is not even worth the effort for me to post piece after piece of evidence to the contrary. Anyone with fingers and google can debunk this claim.

Point #5. Ron Paul denies Iran is building Nuclear Weapons. [

No he does not. Ron Paul simply cites report after report that suggest Iran has not enriched uranium enough to make a weapon. In order to build a Nuke, you need 85% enrichment, the latest report cites Iran is up to 20% enrichment. 20% is classified as "weapons grade" but that is still a long way from having a nuclear weapon.

Point #6. Ron Paul says it was a crime to kill Osama Bin Laden.

Well we can probably debate this all night long, but I would agree that killing Osama Bin Laden was a crime. He could have been arrested, brought back to the States and forced to stand trial. We skipped due process and carried out his execution. No judge, no jury, no due process of law. That is a crime.

Point #7. Ron Paul blames America for Terrorism.

Wrong again. Ron Paul blames US Foreign Policy and argues that some acts of terrorism are a direct result of failed policy. The CIA termed it "blowback". So is the CIA wrong and blame America too?

new topics

top topics

join