It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents: Share some of your childs moments that made you laugh harder than you have in a long time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
My little girl had me laughing so hard tonight I was affraid I was going to end up back in the hospital. She is 5 and absolutely loves to watch the disney show Phineas and Ferb. For those unfamiliar with the show it is about two little boys having the best summer ever. The show also focuses on the childrens pet Perry the platypuss who doubles as a secret agent. When Perry foils the plot of the evil Dr. Doofenschmirtz he always shouts curse you Perry the platypuss.

So tonight my daughter is playing with one of my old cell phones making believe she is having a conversation with one of her friends and I hear her say this: " Hold on a second sweety I will be right back" she then puts the phone over her shoulder and screams "CURSE YOU PERRY THE PLATYPUSS" and she shakes her fist, then just like nothing happend she goes right back to "talking" on the phone. It came so far out of the blue I could not help but laugh my #%s off.

So I turn it over to the parents, what has your child done that has made you laugh uncontrollably.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
When my son was 3 we were upstairs...in the house...and I was making beds etc.. he stood very quiet and still and kept looking out the window....I said "Jonah what do you see?"

He said (and he was only 3) "I think there is something interesting happening in that area over there!"

I laughed and laughed...for a 3 year old to say that sentence! I immediately called his father and said that I thought we had a little genius on our hands.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thats awesome.....a future ATS'er perhaps

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
When my daughter was about 5, I had the funniest conversation with her about rabid dogs. She called it "rapid" dog, so I tried to correct her by saying "you mean rabid dog". She responded back, "no, it wasn't a rabbit-dog, it was just a dog". I said, "no, you said rapid - that means fast". She said, "no, it wasn't fast, 'cause it was real sick." I felt like I was in that comedy routine with Abbot and Costello (who's on first...).

I tried not to laugh in front of her, because I didn't want her to feel bad, but my husband and I sure laughed about it later.

Also, she used to call cigarettes "secrets". She would say that you should never smoke secrets because they could kill you. I quite agree

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I kind of have a funny one (although I am a parent of 4 girls...this is about our friends 3 year old son)!

Okay...first off we have a 7 month old wiener dog and he is very playful still.

Our friends son loves him and they play together all the time. There last round of playing our friends son got a tad bit of a scratch..nothing serious...but it made him cry.

When he stopped crying long enough to talk...he kept saying "thats a bad kitty"!

Nothing in the world would convince him that it was a dog (we also have a cat and tried to convince him cats went meow...and dogs go ruff) but our friends son was having none of it!

Three hours after this little scratch incident he was still calling our wiener dog a "bad kitty"!

And so that story goes...I thought it was pretty funny!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Nice thread... Hope the laughing didn't hurt too much! (And get well real soon, okay?)

Okay, when my daughter was about three, she developed an amusing routine after brushing her teeth. We'd told her to rinse then wipe her mouth with a clean towel, so she did, but she also poked out her tongue and wiped it as well! When I asked her why she did that, she said, "So it's all dry!"

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
When my son was about 5 years old, I heard him rummaging around in the bathroom, so I called to him to ask what he was doing. He came running from the bathroom, breathless and excited and shouted "Momma! Can we shoot bottle rockets??!!!!!"
He had a handfull of tampons....!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I got pregnant for my son when my step son was three, almost four. I was almost to the end of the pregnancy, so my belly was absolutely huge. We were all sitting out back and he was eating a piece of watermelon. He accidentally swallowed a seed.

My mother in law tells him... 'Uh Oh. This isn't good... Daryllyn swallowed a watermelon seed and now look at her. She has a watermelon growing in her belly.'

He replies with....'Nuh uh... they don't make watermelons *that* big!'

I thought I would die from laughing.

[color=deepskyblue]During the same summer... The step son was at my apartment with me during the day. I was convinced that I had been seeing a mouse so I put out a sticky trap to try to catch him. I put some cheese and some cracker pieces on the trap and left it sit.

Several days go by, and the trap remains empty.

We were doing some chores and I picked up the trap to throw it in the trash and said....'Might as well throw this away since we aren't catching that mouse with it...'

He replies.... 'Yep. The only thing it's catching is crackers and cheese!'

We still laugh about that.
edit on 13-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
My son says something once a day that has me in stitches. He is newly 6 years old,and a month ago we took him to see a Christmas Carol at Ford's theater.
So while at Ford's theater I gave him a history lesson on Abraham Lincoln and showed him the balcony that is drapped in flags.

So he asked a hundred questions and learned that Lincoln was shot in the head and died. he got all serious and in a low voice asks me: did he turn into a zombie?
Or as he says it: sompie?

So at intermission, DS was obsessed with Jacob Marley and kept asking why he had all the those chains. We told him that each chain he had to wear for the bad things he did in life. DS pauses for a moment and then asks: did he shoot President Lincoln?

LOl I actually thought it was pretty clever he put those two together.

But then he asked me if I witnessed the shooting :/
edit on 13-1-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

top topics

join