It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loving the vibe!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
As my title for this post says, I'm loving the vibe I get from visiting this site. I had came here in the past a few times and thought it was a cool website, then I finally made the decision to sign up recently. I have to say, this is probably the most informative site I've ever visited. I mostly joined for the fun involved in reading UFO articles, Sasquatch articles etc. But there is so much more here, and I get the feeling that this isn't just a website. It's like this is a community, and I feel more at home here with you strangers than in the "real world". The whole vibe I get here just feels like what our modern society needs to have everywhere.
Alright, now that I got my feelings out of the way, I suppose I should give my general background for this introductory post. Well, I was born in Newfoundland, Canada. Lived there until I was 14, then moved to the NWT. Stayed there (Unwillingly mostly) until I hit 22 years of age (My current age), and am now in the most beautiful place on earth (In my opinion) which is Beautiful British Columbia (Temporary for now, but will be moving here permanently soon enough). Ever since I was old enough to hold a gun, my father was taking me on hunting trips, taught me how to trap animals, build shelters etc. I've basically grew up in the forest because that's where I try to spend most of my free time. Don't take that the wrong way though, I love modern technology and love the internet (obviously) and playing Xbox etc. But I don't get any better feeling (Besides sex maybe) than going out into the forest hunting, usually with a bow. There is something different about Bow hunting as opposed to conventional firearm hunting. It feels so primal, and my adrenaline goes through the roof because you don't feel completely safe with a Bow. Luckily I've not had many bad encounters in the wild, only once with a Black Bear but I didn't have to shoot it (Considering if I could even hit an awkwardly charging Black Bear). I also eat what I kill, I don't believe in sport killing. I consider myself to have a very extensive amount of wilderness knowledge, especially for my age. I can build shelters of any type based on the weather at the current time. I can make fires without matches, lighters or magnesium rods (I use the rods now, just saves me from a lot of sweating). I know how to hunt any type of animal in Canada. I know quite a bit about edible plants, I go fishing regularly. I also spend nearly every weekend in the woods camping alone. Overall, you see why I have confidence in my skill set (Also, I'm NOT trying to brag, I just absolutely love the wilderness and feel very normal there). As opposed to society, where I can barely hold a small conversation without wanting to murder the dumb person I'm talking to.
I should probably go into hobbies now right? Hmm, well, I have a gigantic love for video games, Pool (Getting very serious about Pool lately), Jiu-Jitsu, Hang-Gliding (Screw Sky-Diving, Hang-Gliding is MUCH safer), Para-Gliding, and finally Scuba Diving. That's enough hobbies right? I would probably get into a few other things but I just don't have any more time. I usually spend every weekend in the forest, Winter or Summer, and the rest of my free weekday time is spent on hobbies.
I'm just now figuring out what I want to do with my life, which is to become an animal Biologist. So I have that underway. Umm, that should be sufficient EH? But no seriously, no person I've ever talked to in Canada says "eh" unless they're native. Figured I'd get this post over with now because I have a good one coming later regarding my UFO experiences in the NWT. I need 20 posts to gain the ability to create one correct? Alright, well I'll be off! Thanks a lot to anyone who actually made it all the way through this article.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TranscendentSnake

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, an articulate person such as yourself will fit right in. Lots to learn, lots to read, enjoy the process. It does feel like a family, and it is dysfunctional too, just like the real kind.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TranscendentSnake

Come on in TS, glad to make your acquaintance! Seems like you have found a second home here, and you are in good company man(?) Sounds like I'd enjoy a cold one with ya, exchanging some forest stories. I'm out here in the Pacific NW, and we have some incredible forests!
Have ya ever read Tom Brown JR? Ya might dig him, and it's a true story about a white guy who was raised and trained as a scout by an Apache Native American. His techniques/books were used to train special forces. Great reads that reconnected me with nature on a whole nother level. The book is The Tracker
UfO interests eh? Check out my signature link for some of the cream of the crop threads from many of our ATS vets.

Peace and happy truth pursuits

spec

edit on 12-1-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
welcome friend, I live in wyoming and love to bow hunt to, it is primal and we eat what we kill also
I prefer wild meat, plus saves me a ton of money not having to buy it from the grocery store
sounds like your pretty level headed hope to read your threads soon

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
welcome to ats ... hope you enjoy it here and remember - please dont feed the trolls we put them on a special diet .... oh and fridays its b.y.o.b

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Like Schist said, you are articulate and will fit right in here.

I'd love to know more about your time in the forest since I love my time there too. Unfortunately, for me with work I don't get out into the wilderness as much as I used to.

I hope you reach your goal of being a Biologist and look forward to what you have to post here.

Oh, and watch out for Trolls and when you do see them, please do not feed them.

edit on 12-1-2012 by tsawyer2 because: modified a misplaced plural

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
welcome to ats ... hope you enjoy it here and remember - please dont feed the trolls we put them on a special diet .... oh and fridays its b.y.o.b

Ya beat me to the troll comment, so I will buy you a drink on Friday...

2nd for good measure.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What a refreshing introduction! Usually we only get gods and aliens as well as CIA operatives signing up

Glad you joined and I look forward to your input on the forum.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Welcome Home....

I can already tell you will be an asset here on ATS. Please drop by the Survival Forum...I'm sure some of your talents
would be beneficial to members. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thanks! I'm getting such warm and accepting comments from this introduction post that I want to thank you all individually. Again, thanks so much

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks for the comment
I'm very excited about this site and how accepting you all are.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

I'm glad you like my introduction. Thanks a lot for the comment!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

I've only seen trolls online so far, but I guarantee you if I find them in the wild, I'll end the species LOL. Thanks for the comment!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by leawyoming

Bow hunting sure is special isn't it? When I go Bow hunting it makes me feel like I went back in time and I'm trying to get meat to bring back to the tribe. Thanks for the comment!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thanks so much for reading my introduction post! (I was worried at first that I may have bored everyone with it). And thanks for the very nice and informative reply. I'd be down for a beer if we cross paths
Heineken is good right? Personally I'm more of a wine guy. But I ain't a crazy collector. Those people get WAY too hardcore into wine and begin to think they can taste elements that other people can't, which is rather delusional on their part. Anyways, again, thanks for the reply. Add me as a friend if you wish. I will be moving back to the NT soon but when I come back here I'd love to have a few fellow ATS friends!
*Holds up a glass of wine*

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Haha, Yeah that's true. Thanks for taking the time to actually read my post. Thanks for the reply!

top topics

join