It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's clear up the ignorance about homosexuality - I hope to never hear these arguments again

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What the people who followed the nonsense of Pastor Henry Wright want:

I went to Henry Wright’s church back in 1999, and stayed for six months. Back then you could stay there at the old school or campground indefinetly. I went to be healed of fibromyalgia. When I came home I was so devastated and brainwashed and much sicker then when I arrived there. I ended up in a psychiatriac ward in Cincinnati, OH. Also so heartbroken because I put my all into his teachings. He would warn us during church services that some of us would turn against him , and that bad things would happen to us for that. Thank you for this website, I have prayed for eleven years to make some sense out of this, and still feel confused and wounded by my experience there. EXPOSE HIM!!!!

wrightiswrong.wordpress.com...
edit on 13-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

You say you come from love and yet your speech is full of hate. You do anything in your power to judge homosexuality as wrong...

True Love does not attack. It supports and it builds...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

!WRONG! AGAIN!

The whole contention with the

homosexuality is "natural" meme

is that it's normal, wonderful, constructive, innocent, good, harmless, merely a great option etc. etc. etc.

These stats demonstrate otherwise--to a huge degree.

I realize THE TRUTH IS UNCOMFORTABLE.

Tough tacos.

Y'all demanded evidence, sources, stats . . .

you're getting them.

Whininig because THE TRUTH is uncomfortable is not attractive.

I should have realized that double standards, duplicity, hypocrisy etc. are not in y'all's DAFFYNITIONARY.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

9. An editorial in Steam, a magazine for homosexuals, quotes a man who has been HIV positive since the early years of the epidemic: “I’m so sick and tired of these Negatives whining about how difficult it is to stay safe. Why don’t they just get over it and get Positive.” According to Scott O’Hara, Steam’s HIV-positive editor: “One of my primary goals is the maximization of pleasure, and just as I believe that gay men have more fun, so too, do I believe that Positives have learned to have much more fun than Negatives. I’m delighted to be Positive. . .The Negative world is defined by fear, ours by pleasure.”

Yeah that right there just about sums it up. It's all about self gratification...or "pleasure". If it werent for homosexuals and bisexuals we wouldn't have HIV/AIDS in the first place. This disease reared its ugly head in the 60's/70's with the hippy "free love" movement of promiscuity and self gratification only the disease was called GRIDS then.

All i can say is if they wanna be gay thats their choice. I couldn't care less because i'm not the one thats going to reap the rewards for it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I never said that homosexuality was harmless... I don't believe any sexuality is harmless there is always risk...

If you believe that your religion says being gay is wrong, fine whatever - but don't state it is fact. Your religion is just your belief - opinion - not a fact.

I'm talking about from a non-religious point of view because religion is just opinion and if we argue from that we'll never get any where...
edit on 13-1-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I don't really understand what the reason for these type of posts are all about.

Reams of statistical evidence could be produced to illustarte the psychology of hate and how it operates...the OP has done this beautifully. Hiding behind a personal psychology, a religion and statistics to make you feel righteous...whether in the eyes of your god, your shortcomings or your fears is laughable.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Akushla

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by Annee

Sooooooooooooo

are you PRETENDING

that the globalist encouraged homosexual activist political lobby responsible for text books as young as kindergarten instructing kids in homosexual activties . . . that's continuing to lobby to make pedophilia with young boys legal . . .

has

NO AGENDA?

Where is this textbook?

You seem to gleefully use child abuse as a triumphant laughing matter - where is the textbook?

There's something very wrong in any case.

I've seen some very effective "ex-gay" preachers in my lifetime, but I've never seen somebody pushing his own cause into the stone age, or looney bin like that.

Tom Cruise would be proud...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Haha and since you want to throw statistics, did you know they did a research and discovered that 80% of most people strongly against homosexuality have secret gay tendencies.

They're just mad because their mind is damaged from all of the illogical arguments against it and now they have an irrational guilt against it and mad that other people can freely be gay and not them.

That is suppression of sexuality - it leads to aggression.

EDIT: Paedophillia is not homosexuality so let's keep this discussion on topic please...

In fact most Paedophiles are straight believe it or not.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I apologise ARP, my post is definitely NOT directed at you...

It is directed at the haters.

Akushla

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

!WRONG! AGAIN!

The whole contention with the

homosexuality is "natural" meme

is that it's normal, wonderful, constructive, innocent, good, harmless, merely a great option etc. etc. etc.

These stats demonstrate otherwise--to a huge degree.

I realize THE TRUTH IS UNCOMFORTABLE.

Tough tacos.

Y'all demanded evidence, sources, stats . . .

you're getting them.

Whininig because THE TRUTH is uncomfortable is not attractive.

I should have realized that double standards, duplicity, hypocrisy etc. are not in y'all's DAFFYNITIONARY.

Total fail, as you've just shown consistently, homosexuality was seen as negative.

Heterosexuality was seen as positive ... despite the adultery, violence, prostitution, molestation of girls, marital rape and human trafficking.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

MORE EXCERPTS FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES:

REF:

( William Aaron, Straight (New York: Bantam Books, 1972), p. 208, cited by Joseph Nicolosi in Reparative Therapy of Male Homosexuality, p. 125, quoted by Robert H. Knight in “How Domestic Partnerships and ‘Gay Marriage’ Threaten the Family,” Family Research Council, Insight, June 1994, p. 9)

32. In the homosexual life, fidelity is almost impossible. Since part of the compulsion of homosexuality seems to be a need on the part of the homophile to absorb masculinity from his sexual partners, there is a compulsion to be constantly on the lookout for new partners. Consequently the most successful homophile ”marriages” are those where there is an arrangement between the two to have affairs on the side while maintaining the semblance of permanence in their living arrangement.

The Family Research Council has also been debunked. See link below

www.splcenter.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

1. Homosexual behavior significantly increases the likelihood of psychiatric, mental and emotional disorders, according to a study in the Netherlands. Youth are four times more likely to suffer major depression, almost three times as likely to suffer generalized anxiety disorder, nearly four times as likely to experience conduct disorder, four times as likely to commit suicide, five times as likely to have nicotine dependence, six times as likely to suffer multiple disorders, and more than six times as likely to have attempted suicide. (Study of 5,998 Dutch adults. Theo G.M. Sandforte, T. Graaf, R. Bijl, R. Schnabel, P. (2001) Same-Sex Sexual Behavior and Psychiatric Disorders: Findings from the Netherlands Mental Health Survey and Incidence,” Archives of General Psychiatry. 58, 10: 85-91.) **This research comes from the Netherlands where homosexuality has been accepted and mainstreamed for years, negating the mindset that a lack of tolerance of homosexual behavior and lifestyle produces these psychoses.
. . .
2. A co-twin study found that men with same-sex partners were 6.5 times as likely as their co-twin to have attempted suicide. The higher rate was not explained by mental health or substance abuse disorders. (Herrell, R. et al (1999) “A Co-twin Control Study in Adult Men” Archives of General Psychiatry. 56, 10: 867 – 874.)
3. A study by Harvard Medical School of 4,159 high school students (grades 9-12) found that “GLB youth report disproportionate risk for a variety of health risk and problem behaviors…engage[ing] in twice the mean number of risk behaviors as did the overall population.” More than 30 health risks and problem behaviors were identified, including an increased use of coc aine and other illegal drugs, use of tobacco, marijuana, and coc aine before age 13, sexual intercourse before age 13, and sexual intercourse with four or more partners.
. . .

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were using biased studies to further your conservative religious anti-gay agenda. Here is an alternative look at the issue of gay suicides:

www.religioustolerance.org...
edit on 13-1-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

THE POINT IS that the assertion that homosexuality is a wonderful thing without horrific consequences is simply and wholesale"

I see no issues with a homosexual person. They are born normal - happy - healthy. They have no physical or mental incapacities (directly related to having same sex attraction)

The only issues I see are those coming from the outside.

As far as AIDs - - it is not a gay disease. It is a disease that is contracted in a way that gays are susceptible to infection. Plenty of VD and other diseases came before it - - - plenty will come after AIDS has a cure.

As said before. Homosexuals were forced to live on the edge of society in a fringe culture. Many lived a straight life out of necessity - - but for their natural/normal same gender sexual attraction - - they were forced into secret clandestine meetings. Which makes perfect sense why it is a "sex" culture.

The more mainstream homosexuals become - - the less need they have for their own created culture. Although some will still choose to live in the "fringe culture". Really no different in how many men live a sports culture.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by BO XIAN

9. An editorial in Steam, a magazine for homosexuals, quotes a man who has been HIV positive since the early years of the epidemic: “I’m so sick and tired of these Negatives whining about how difficult it is to stay safe. Why don’t they just get over it and get Positive.” According to Scott O’Hara, Steam’s HIV-positive editor: “One of my primary goals is the maximization of pleasure, and just as I believe that gay men have more fun, so too, do I believe that Positives have learned to have much more fun than Negatives. I’m delighted to be Positive. . .The Negative world is defined by fear, ours by pleasure.”

Yeah that right there just about sums it up. It's all about self gratification...or "pleasure". If it werent for homosexuals and bisexuals we wouldn't have HIV/AIDS in the first place. This disease reared its ugly head in the 60's/70's with the hippy "free love" movement of promiscuity and self gratification only the disease was called GRIDS then.

All i can say is if they wanna be gay thats their choice. I couldn't care less because i'm not the one thats going to reap the rewards for it.

I looked up this Steam Magazine, and it definitely does NOT represent mainstream gays. It was a short-lived, small circulation pub - sort of similar to what a sex fetish magazine for heterosexuals would be - not for the mainstream.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Haha and since you want to throw statistics, did you know they did a research and discovered that 80% of most people strongly against homosexuality have secret gay tendencies.

Santorum - Bachmann

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

They're just mad because their mind is damaged from all of the illogical arguments against it and now they have an irrational guilt against it and mad that other people can freely be gay and not them.

That is suppression of sexuality - it leads to aggression.

EDIT: Paedophillia is not homosexuality so let's keep this discussion on topic please...

In fact most Paedophiles are straight believe it or not.

this is how most pro gays argue
you present them sound arguments and instead of responding back with the same degree of civility and understanding they throw personal attacks
in this thread I have seen more prejudiced comments towards the people arguing against gays than the other way around
pro gays are very quick to call people who argue against them religious extremists, homophobic, having secret gay tendencies, having anger issues etc etc
just look at this thread, it is a perfect example

there are some points I want to make and hopefully I will get mature responses to them

1) why do you bring monkeys to the discussion? just because some species of monkeys do it does not by any means tell us we humans should do it
2) I think its clear that a homosexual lifestyle brings in more risks both in sexual health and mental health
so wouldn't it be logical for us to try to minimize it?
3) another poster said that the oppressing homosexuality is akin to oppressing blacks and women, although there are some similarities I see huge differences

for example :
the hate against blacks was more of a hate based on feeling superior
the same with the oppression of women
in the other hand, the intolerance to gays is more of and objection to and act than a feeling of superiority
another big anti gay influence has religious origins, this is not that case with blacks and women (at least not in the usa)

these are very fundamental difference and changes the whole scenario dynamics
therefore I don't think equating gays with blacks and women is a valid statement

hopefully I will get mature responses to my three points and not get personal attacks
if you must know I'm not religious, consider my self agnostic, and I still don't have made my mind about where in this issue I stand. Although to be honest i think I lean more into the against gay camp

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I was a Free Love Hippie - - you better check your data.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by quietlearner

pro gays are very quick to call people who argue against them religious extremists, homophobic, having secret gay tendencies, having anger issues etc etc

I wonder why that is.

why do you bring monkeys to the discussion? just because some species of monkeys do it does not by any means tell us we humans should do it

You mean primates? Humans are primates.

I think its clear that a homosexual lifestyle brings in more risks both in sexual health and mental health
so wouldn't it be logical for us to try to minimize it?

What is a homosexual lifestyle? Most homosexuals I know are business men in a monogamous relationship.

At least they don't produce all those unwanted pregnancies - - then abandon the mother and child.

another poster said that the oppressing homosexuality is akin to oppressing blacks and women, although there are some similarities I see huge differences

Oppression of a minority. No other label required.

the hate against blacks was more of a hate based on feeling superior

Curse of Ham www.afrostyly.com...

the same with the oppression of women

Oppression of women in the bible: "To the woman he said, "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth. In pain you will bring forth children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." - Genesis

www.opposingdigits.com...

Although to be honest i think I lean more into the against gay camp

Now there's a shock.

edit on 13-1-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

congratulations Annee!!
you managed to make a point by point replay while still missing the point every single time and degrading the discussions to a I'm right you are wrong argument
but of course how dare I say something against gays!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Quietlearner:

Yeah, people who claim to do 100's of exorcisms are not religious extremists.

I mean how dare we assume that they are religious extremists?

Oops, silly us.

Oh yes, and racism and patriarchy had nothing to do with religion (at least not in the USA)?
Really?

So now we are hated for an act; all the other people are just hated because they look different.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join