Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by arpgme
Maybe youre forgetting the part where we're not animals?
Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by arpgme
If God or "nature" intended homosexuals to be "natural" we'd be seeing males getting other males pregnant, or females getting other females pregnant and we do not, therefore I refute your OP.
Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by arpgme
2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
Originally posted by kaylaluv
Excellent. I look forward to your data regarding children of homosexual parents and the average lifespan of gay men.
Research by a team of Italian researchers suggests a genetic link between homosexuality and fertility.
A study of 98 homosexual men, 100 heterosexual men, and their relatives (4600 people) indicates that female maternal relatives of homosexual men tend to have more children than female maternal relatives of heterosexual men. This was not true of female paternal relatives.
The lead researcher, Professor Andrea Camperio-Ciani, of Padua University, attributed to his 15-year-old daughter the idea that there is a genetic factor linked to both homosexuality and high birth rates. This, she suggested, could help explain the anti-intuitive persistence of genes, such as the so-called "gay gene" (Xq28) that apparently contribute negatively to the production of offspring.
Prof. Camperio-Ciani stressed that his study explained only 20 per cent of the variance in sexual orientation of males; otherwise homosexuality would be much more common. "The remaining 80 per cent has yet to be understood," he writes. "It could—and in fact partly is—due to cultural and individual experience, or even by undiscovered biological factors."
Most intriguing is the conclusion that the incidence of homosexuality can be expected to be greater in societies with declining birth rates, because the influence of this genetic factor is more significant.
The Padua team speculates that the study could explain why the incidence of homosexuality appears to vary, as it did in ancient Rome where a form of condom was in use. Prof. Camperio-Ciani writes: "When fecundity in general is high because every female reproduces as much as possible, these homosexual genes that enhance fecundity are not expressed significantly. But when the population is declining because of a decrease of fecundity (modern Italians) or birth control (ancient Romans), then these factors may well make the difference in relatively promoting fecundity—and therefore homosexuality—in the population."
Posted by sursumcorda on Wednesday, October 13, 2004 at 8:23 pm | Edit
Permalink | Read 5238 times
37% males--at least once--orgasm
13% males urges/desires
69% adolescents-sex play
4% exclusive homosexual
50% exclusive heterosexual
Perhaps an exaggeration, but still indicates homosexuality is not a "fixed condition
Female (Kinsey 1953): 20% of single women, 5% of all women, at least one act leading to orgasm
Recent Studies: National Life and Social Life Survey (1992), National Cancer Institute (1993)
Males (past year): 2-3% (definitional problems here)
Males (ever- past 18 years old): 5%
Define self as Gay or Bisexual: 3%
Female (1992 Study): 2% in the past year
Female (1992 Study) 4% (over 18 years of age) ever
"Sex in America"
How many Homosexuals Are There?
A low level of homosexuality was revealed:
2.8% of men consider themselves as homosexual or bisexual
1.4% of women consider themselves as homosexual or bisexual
6% of men were attracted to persons of the same gender and 4% said that they found the thought of sex with someone of the same gender appealing
4% of women were attracted to persons of the same gender and 5.5% said that they found the thought of sex with someone of the same gender appealing
2% of both men and women said that they had had sex with someone of the same gender during the past year
5% of the men and 4 % of the women had had sex with someone of the same gender since puberty
There is no single infallible measure of homosexuality as some essentialist researches have claimed, homosexual sex is multidimensional.
Homosexual expression is a distinctly "gendered" experience; men and women have dramatically different homosexual "styles"
Many more males act on homosexual desires than females, especially from the onset of adolescence to the age of 18.
Many more women who experience homosexual attraction and desire do no act on them. ( 59% have experienced a homosexual desire without engaging in homosexual sex or regarding themselves as lesbians)
Among females there is much less adolescent homosexual sex than among males.
Males act on their homosexual impulses earlier in their lives and with much less inhibition; many of them experiment with homosexual behavior in adolescence and the give it up.
Women engage in homosexual behavior for the first time much later in their lives.
BUT: the figures turned up by the "Sex in America" survey, are much lower than the figures turned up by Kinsey's's research team a half century ago. Why?
Most observers and commentators of homosexuality reside in the nation's largest cities and there suburbs where homosexuality is vastly more common rather than in its small towns and rural areas where it is exceedingly rare. (The % identifying themselves as homosexuals or bisexuals varies form 9 % in the country's dozen largest cities to 1% in rural areas)
It must be recognized that there is likely to be a political angle to the findings a survey on homosexuality may turn up.
The goals of gay political activities are furthered by the finding that there are many homosexuals in the population, since this means that politicians cannot ignore a major segment of their constituency and must take their interests and demands into account.
A conservative agenda is likely to be furthered by the discovery that there are few homosexuals in the population. The smaller the number of Americans who engage in the homosexuality the more plausible the claim that the vast majority of us "would never dream of indulging in such behavior"
The prevalence of homosexuality in America depends very much on what homosexuality means in the first place - how it is defined? Constructionist perspectives assumes central importance. How should we define "a" homosexual?
1. Homosexual behavior significantly increases the likelihood of psychiatric, mental and emotional disorders, according to a study in the Netherlands. Youth are four times more likely to suffer major depression, almost three times as likely to suffer generalized anxiety disorder, nearly four times as likely to experience conduct disorder, four times as likely to commit suicide, five times as likely to have nicotine dependence, six times as likely to suffer multiple disorders, and more than six times as likely to have attempted suicide. (Study of 5,998 Dutch adults. Theo G.M. Sandforte, T. Graaf, R. Bijl, R. Schnabel, P. (2001) Same-Sex Sexual Behavior and Psychiatric Disorders: Findings from the Netherlands Mental Health Survey and Incidence,” Archives of General Psychiatry. 58, 10: 85-91.) **This research comes from the Netherlands where homosexuality has been accepted and mainstreamed for years, negating the mindset that a lack of tolerance of homosexual behavior and lifestyle produces these psychoses.
. . .
2. A co-twin study found that men with same-sex partners were 6.5 times as likely as their co-twin to have attempted suicide. The higher rate was not explained by mental health or substance abuse disorders. (Herrell, R. et al (1999) “A Co-twin Control Study in Adult Men” Archives of General Psychiatry. 56, 10: 867 – 874.)
3. A study by Harvard Medical School of 4,159 high school students (grades 9-12) found that “GLB youth report disproportionate risk for a variety of health risk and problem behaviors…engage[ing] in twice the mean number of risk behaviors as did the overall population.” More than 30 health risks and problem behaviors were identified, including an increased use of coc aine and other illegal drugs, use of tobacco, marijuana, and coc aine before age 13, sexual intercourse before age 13, and sexual intercourse with four or more partners.
. . .
5. The median age of death for those who regularly engage in homosexual behavior leaned in the direction of less than 50. The data suggest a “20- to 30-year decrease in lifespan” because of “substantially elevated rates of sexually elevated diseases . . . cancer and heart conditions, and violence among homosexual men and women.” (Four data sets: obituaries from the homosexual press; two 1994 sexuality surveys; homosexual marriage records for Scandinavia; and Colorado medical records) (Paul Cameron, Kirk Cameron, and William L. Playfair)
. . .
6. The rate of new HIV infections among men who have sex with men is nine times higher than among women and heterosexual men. (Centers for Disease Control, Media Center, 2002)
7. The risk of contracting AIDS from a single act of unprotected heterosexual intercourse is 1 in 715,000. The risk of contracting AIDS from a single act of unprotected homosexual intercourse is 1 in 165. (Tom W. Smith, “Adult Sexual Behavior and Risk of AIDS,” Family Planning Perspectives 23, no. 3 (May/June 1991) 104). “Does Homosexual Activity Shorten Life?” Psychological Reports. Vol. 83, Number . , 1998. Page(s) 847-866.)
8. Psychological health problems including multiple drug use, partner violence, history of childhood sexual abuse, and depression interface to sharply increase high-risk sexual behavior and HIV infection rates among homosexual and bisexual men in the U.S.
9. An editorial in Steam, a magazine for homosexuals, quotes a man who has been HIV positive since the early years of the epidemic: “I’m so sick and tired of these Negatives whining about how difficult it is to stay safe. Why don’t they just get over it and get Positive.” According to Scott O’Hara, Steam’s HIV-positive editor: “One of my primary goals is the maximization of pleasure, and just as I believe that gay men have more fun, so too, do I believe that Positives have learned to have much more fun than Negatives. I’m delighted to be Positive. . .The Negative world is defined by fear, ours by pleasure.”
12. Epidemiologists estimate that one out of two men who have sex with men will eventually become HIV positive. Men who begin to engage in sex with men at an earlier age are more likely to become HIV positive and to become HIV positive earlier.
13. The bacteria contacted during anal intercourse include Shigella, Entamoeba, Giardia (causes chronic diarrhea), and the bacteria that cause hepatitis A (severe liver damage which can kill), and hepatitis B. Of course, the mostly deadly of all, HIV, is more easily transmitted through anal sex.
14. A study revealed a dramatic increase in anal cancer among homosexual men. This increase is traced to the Human Papillomavirus (HPV), a sexually-transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer in women and is found in almost all HIV-positive homosexual men.
16. Homosexual men in San Francisco who reported having unprotected anal sex increased from 30% in 1994 to 39% in 1997. Those who said they had unprotected sex with multiple partners grew from 24% to 33% during the same period.
17. During fiscal year 2000, the United States spent $10.8 billion on HIV/AIDS patient care. That’s $l,359 per month per HIV/AIDS patient.
19. In Los Angeles County, homosexual jail inmates have as high as a 94% recidivism rate. These inmates with communicable diseases, such as AIDS, syphilis, and hepatitis, infect others in the community upon their release and then infect still others back inside the jails if they return.
20. Thirty-two percent of homosexual men and women abuse alcohol, as compared with 7 % (10 % of men and 5 % of women) in the general population.
22. Among homosexual men, ages 18 to 25: 79.2 have used marijuana; 75% have used psychotherapeutics for nonmedical reasons; 65.2% have used stimulants such as dexedrine and benzedrine; 62.5% have used inhalants such as amyl or butyl nitrate; and 50.2% have used hallucinogens such as '___'. Rates among lesbians: marijuana, 82. %; psychotherapeutics, 58.8%; stimulants, 52.9%; inhalants, 41.2%; and hallucinogens, 41.2%. Comparing current usage to national usage, homosexuals were found to use drugs with greater frequency: “Among adults aged 18-25, 16.5% of men and 9.1% of women have used marijuana in the past month, compared with 37.5% of gay men and 23.5% of lesbians.”
Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
THE FOLLOWING CONFIRMS SOME OF MY EARLIER ASSERTIONS
[let the finger frothing begin. LOL]
[5. The median age of death for those who regularly engage in homosexual behavior leaned in the direction of less than 50. The data suggest a “20- to 30-year decrease in lifespan” because of “substantially elevated rates of sexually elevated diseases . . . cancer and heart conditions, and violence among homosexual men and women.” (Four data sets: obituaries from the homosexual press; two 1994 sexuality surveys; homosexual marriage records for Scandinavia; and Colorado medical records) (Paul Cameron, Kirk Cameron, and William L. Playfair)
24. A 1991 study of homosexual men in New York City revealed that the average number of lifetime sexual partners was 308.
25. According to Centers for Disease Control interviews, 50% of male homosexuals had over 500 sexual partners, the first several hundred homosexual men diagnosed with AIDS had an average of l,100 lifetime partners
26. Clinicians Mattison and McWhirter studied 156 long-term homosexual relationships,
but found that not one couple was able to maintain sexual fidelity
for more than five years.
Most maintained a monogamous relationship for less than one year.
Homosexual theorists respond by redefining promiscuity as normal and healthy for homosexual men.
27. A. P. Bell and M. S. Weinberg, in their classic study of male and female homosexuality, found that 43% of white male homosexuals had sex with five hundred or more partners,
with 28% having 1,000 or more sex partners.
1,000 or more likely infection agents. How wonderfully healthy. What a fantastically GREAT, life-lengthening habit!
(David P. McWhirter and Andrew M. Mattison, The Male Couple: How Relationships Develop, Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall, 1984, pp. 252, 253)
28. Few homosexual relationships last longer than two years, but in a study of 156 males in homosexual relationships lasting from 1-37 years, “all couples with a relationship lasting more than five years have incorporated some provision for sexual activity outside of their relationships.”
(Paul Van de Ven et al., “A Comparative Demographic and Sexual Profile of Older Homosexually Active Men,” Journal of Sex Research 34 (1997): 354).
29. In a study of 2,583 older homosexuals, “the modal range for number of sexual partners was 101-500. In addition, 10.2% to 15.7% had between 501 and 1,000 partners, and between 10.2% and 15.7% reported having had more than 1,000 lifetime sexual partners”
(Van de Ven et al., “A Comparative Demographic and Sexual Profile,” p. 354.)
30. In their Journal of Sex Research study of the sexual practices of older homosexual men, Paul Van de Ven, et al, found that only 2.7% of older homosexuals had only one sexual partner in their lifetime.
(Robert T. Michael et al., Sex in America: A Definitive Survey, Boston: Little, Brown & Company,
(Michael W. Widerman, “Extramarital Sex: Prevalence and Correlated in a National Survey,” Journal of Sex Research 34 , pg. 2)
Robert T Michael: 31. Among heterosexual couples, 75% of husbands and 90% of wives claim never to have had extramarital sex.
Michael W Wilderman: Other studies and surveys confirm the percentage of faithful spouses between 75-81% for husbands and 85-88% for wives.
MORE CONFIRMATION for my earlier assertions.
32. In the homosexual life, fidelity is almost impossible. Since part of the compulsion of homosexuality seems to be a need on the part of the homophile to absorb masculinity from his sexual partners, there is a compulsion to be constantly on the lookout for new partners. Consequently the most successful homophile ”marriages” are those where there is an arrangement between the two to have affairs on the side while maintaining the semblance of permanence in their living arrangement.
33. For homosexual men, the term “monogamy” doesn’t necessarily mean sexual exclusivity. The term “open relationship” has for a great many homosexual men come to have one specific definition: A relationship in which the partners have sex on the outside often, put away their resentment and jealousy, and discuss their outside sex with each other, or share sex partners.
34. “Even ‘committed’ homosexual relationships display a fundamental incapacity for the faithfulness and commitment that is axiomatic to the institution of marriage”
HOMOSEXUAL VIOLENCE ON HOMOSEXUALS:
35. A U.S. Justice Department study found an epidemic of violence between homosexuals: an annual average of 13,740 male victims of violence by homosexual partners and 16,900 victims by lesbian partners.
VS HATE CRIMES against homosexuals:
By contrast, the 1999 statistics for hate crimes based on sexual orientation totaled 1,558 victims
38. Women are four times more likely to be victims of domestic violence in a lesbian household than in a married household.
Married women in traditional families experience the lowest rate of violence compared with women in other types of relationships
39. The incidence of domestic violence among homosexual men is nearly double that in the heterosexual population
40. Relationship violence was found to be a significant problem for homosexuals. 44% of the gay men reported having experienced violence in their relationships; 13% reported sexual violence and 83% reported emotional abuse. Levels of abuse ran even higher among lesbians: 55% reported physical violence in their relationships, 14% reported sexual abuse, and 84% reported emotional abuse.