It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worry Less about Technology – More about Content / YouTube spends $100 million to redefine TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This goes right along with NewsRight program being put together by media outlets to inhibit infringement upon copyrighted materials. Youtube is a massive distributor of material but doesn't own any content. This bid will invest in creation of content.

Source / Alternative source

YouTube is a massive distribution channel, but not a creator of content. So what to do? How about invest in content creation! And so they are. And name brand content-creators are falling all over themselves to get a shot at the YouTube distribution platform because they understand what some of us in radio too often take for granted: Broad distribution is scarce, precious, and essential. YouTube has it. So does radio. And if maintaining relevance in the wake of the fast-multiplying choices for advertisers is the goal, you had better invest in content.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Youtube will play a definite role in the future of Visual Media and Broadcast. My TV has youtube right in it and so does my surround sound system, next month I'm cancelling my satellite subscription because I really don't need it. Everything will be on the internet, that is the future.

Makes sense they would invest in production... I thought they already were?

join