It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers "humiliating" dead Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am not saying what they did was moral or the right thing to do, but I think there are some things to consider.

Ok, here is my position on it. WHAT DOES ANYONE EXPECT? You are in a hell hole, getting shot at on a daily basis, watching your friends murdered, maimed, burned, blown up and sent back home a cripple. They are also kids, probably not a one of them over 30. So they act out, maybe in not the best way, but its a form of venting.

Also I remember not so many years ago some of those very same Taliban were decapitating and butchering human beings on video on the internet. I Didn't believe it could be real, and looked it up, and I had the misfortune of seeing one of these videos on some site online, and trust me, what these American soldiers were doing is nowhere near that. Not all, but some of the people over there are pretty nasty SOBs. There was also a video on PBS once showing a woman shot in the head with an AK-47 for making the mistake of having her ankle showing. She was executed in a soccer stadium I believe. Not a great seat of humanitarian behavior, so pissing on a dead body seems quaint when you consider the other horrors that take place there. What these men do to their own people is far worse than what occurred.After hearing about angry Taliban who like to throw acid in womens faces or cutting their noses off, a little pee sounds very benign to me

Yes, disrespecting the dead is not a good thing, but so are a lot of things going on there.

In short, the phrase "war is hell" still applies[
edit on 12-1-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I agree mate. In the end they are trained for them to be the enemy. "you can shoot them in the head, but what ever u do don't pee on them afterwards".

Yes it is disrespectful, and a bad example. But yeah I couldn't imagine their feeling towards them.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thank you, I wanted to reply to the other thread about this topic but for some reason cannot. You offer a voice a reason and that is appreciated.

I believe no one could understand what our soldiers, especially our Marines, go through over there. My brother is an infantry in the Marine Corps and has completed two tours over there. Just from his stories he has shared I would pee on the bodies on dead Taliban fighters given the opportunity. Those men cant move without the fear of being blown up, they have tried to piece together friends after being blown up, and have been shot at on a daily basis. They live in a constant state of alert and unease. The Taliban rape their women and strap bombs to their children, they are not human, as we in a modern society define the term.

It is sad these pictures were made public because of course the media is going to have a field day on it. But no one that is not a soldier and has not been deployed should even begin to diagnose or criticize these soldier's actions. They are at war, all the morals and standards we abide by change, they have to or these men would lose their minds.

Much respect and love for all the men and women who serve our country, you do what most of us could never.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cole87

They are at war, all the morals and standards we abide by change, they have to or these men would lose their minds.

So have you essentially made the argument for `the enemy` to change the morals and standards they abide by too - because they are at war also ?

Its a slippery slope Cole.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Of course there would be different rules over there. I don't think that gives permission for morals to change. However it would be hard to know what is morally correct when you are living by different rules.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
I am not saying what they did was moral or the right thing to do, but I think there are some things to consider.

Ok, here is my position on it. WHAT DOES ANYONE EXPECT? You are in a hell hole, getting shot at on a daily basis, watching your friends murdered, maimed, burned, blown up and sent back home a cripple. They are also kids, probably not a one of them over 30. So they act out, maybe in not the best way, but its a form of venting.

Also I remember not so many years ago some of those very same Taliban were decapitating and butchering human beings on video on the internet. I Didn't believe it could be real, and looked it up, and I had the misfortune of seeing one of these videos on some site online, and trust me, what these American soldiers were doing is nowhere near that. Not all, but some of the people over there are pretty nasty SOBs. There was also a video on PBS once showing a woman shot in the head with an AK-47 for making the mistake of having her ankle showing. She was executed in a soccer stadium I believe. Not a great seat of humanitarian behavior, so pissing on a dead body seems quaint when you consider the other horrors that take place there. What these men do to their own people is far worse than what occurred.After hearing about angry Taliban who like to throw acid in womens faces or cutting their noses off, a little pee sounds very benign to me

Yes, disrespecting the dead is not a good thing, but so are a lot of things going on there.

In short, the phrase "war is hell" still applies[
edit on 12-1-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

Wow..

Defending somebody that urinates on a dead body by using the lousy excuse, that the Taliban throw acid on women's faces...?? That is just wow

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I am not trying to justify what they did, it could be argued that they used poor judgment in this event. I just don't understand the moral indignation over that act in a place that is already horrifically violent as this place is.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
you can't defend that kind of stupidity, the fact that they filmed it just tops it off.
they pissed their futures away for a cheap thrill

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
If this is true, the dead taliban humiliated themselves first.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

This is the kind of thing these guys have seen for years. It makes you crazy. Warning, graphic image.

www.newsrealblog.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Anyone that is shocked by this simply does not know the stresses and evils of war. I really don't think most people know just how ugly war gets. Not making excuses for the soldiers, but the psychological traumas put on these soldiers and victims of war are beyond what most everyday people experience in their lives. Who are we to judge them. The act is without a doubt despicable, but instead of condemning the soldiers why not do everything possible as citizens to prevent "our" government from going to war in the first place?

All those people that are shocked at this really need to voice their opinions when our government gets ready to invade Iran or Syria. War should be only out of ABSOLUTE necessity, do not be fooled by the fear mongering war hawks that will never serve (or have never served) a day in their life as a soldier (nor will any of their children).

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I could care less. Unless you are cremated we all will be worm food one day. When you are dead you are dead.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Please post replies to this incident here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join