I dont think Israel are going to 'push' the US into a war.
The US desperately do not want a war. They are trying to avoid it, because they know the reality.
1. Economy - Is shot to sh1t, in decline and unable to finance anything more than a paper roll. a massive war would devestate it.
2. Local Citizens - Occupy Wall street, Anti-War protests.. this would explode as people become unemployed and more and more people are rounded up to
fight. The native are growing restless and would revolt.
3. Iraq. The US always wanted Iraq.. ever since the government backed down from supporting the revolution they had a plan in motion to conquer a weak
Iraq, occupy it, setup its oil fields then leave. Its now a cash/oil cow for the next few decades which will firmly prop up the US. Its a safety net
for the economy too. If there is an Iran war, Iran will over run Iraq from within
4. Iran was never the next staging point. China was. Purely because Iran would never be a major player, where as China is very quickly coming to par
with the USA. If the USA plays any of its cards against Iran, if effectively gives the endgame to china, because tackling Iran would seriously cripple
the US and China would , by default, reign supreme over a crippled west.
5. Iran cannot be conquered with airstrikes. Neither the US or Israel has the troops required to defeat Iran.
Israel and the US knows this.. the US knows full well that Israel isnt going to expect the US to put boots on ground.
However, they both know that 2 or 3 strategically placed tactical nuclear weapons would defeat the Iranian government. But once you let that nuclear
genie out of the bag, it never goes back in. the USA desperately does not want a nuclear fight happening in the middle east, regardless if its USA or
Israel doing the nuking.
Israel knows this..
However Israel has no choice.
Israel is going to blackmail the USA
'' If you dont hit Iran hard, we will be forced to hit them harder with nuclear weapons. And we will... so you need to decide what you want more
least thats my opinion on the matter.