It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia afraid Israel will push U.S. into war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Putin afraid that Israel will push the US into war with Iran.
I don't here anything about getting involved though.

“There is a likelihood of military escalation of the conflict, towards which Israel is pushing the Americans,” Nikolai Patrushev, who heads the Kremlin’s Security Council, told Interfax news agency. Patrushev, a former head of the main successor to the Soviet-era KGB, said Tehran could respond by blocking the Strait of Hormuz between Oman and Iran, through which 35 percent of the world’s seaborne traded oil passes

Article here
edit on 12-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I must admit i found the article quite a relief. It really doesn't sound like they are ready to protect Iran.If i were
he Iranian leadership reading this, then i would very worried.
Looks like the Iranians are on their own.

At least that is my read.

What do you guys and girls think?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Russia afraid Israel will push U.S. into war

The push for war is not just Israel on the US. Russia is arming and backing Iran. This is a repeat of some old cold war tactics we all thought had passed.

Make no mistake. Iran will be backed by Russia and Israel the US. The same thing happened in Korea, Vietnam and later, in Afghanistan (Russian invasion and occupation).

This time, the US and NATO not nearly so close or potent. Russia is playing a wild card and China hoping to swoop in as scavenger.
edit on 12-1-2012 by redoubt because: redoubt's typos

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I dont think Israel are going to 'push' the US into a war.

The US desperately do not want a war. They are trying to avoid it, because they know the reality.

1. Economy - Is shot to sh1t, in decline and unable to finance anything more than a paper roll. a massive war would devestate it.

2. Local Citizens - Occupy Wall street, Anti-War protests.. this would explode as people become unemployed and more and more people are rounded up to fight. The native are growing restless and would revolt.

3. Iraq. The US always wanted Iraq.. ever since the government backed down from supporting the revolution they had a plan in motion to conquer a weak Iraq, occupy it, setup its oil fields then leave. Its now a cash/oil cow for the next few decades which will firmly prop up the US. Its a safety net for the economy too. If there is an Iran war, Iran will over run Iraq from within

4. Iran was never the next staging point. China was. Purely because Iran would never be a major player, where as China is very quickly coming to par with the USA. If the USA plays any of its cards against Iran, if effectively gives the endgame to china, because tackling Iran would seriously cripple the US and China would , by default, reign supreme over a crippled west.

5. Iran cannot be conquered with airstrikes. Neither the US or Israel has the troops required to defeat Iran.

Israel and the US knows this.. the US knows full well that Israel isnt going to expect the US to put boots on ground.

However, they both know that 2 or 3 strategically placed tactical nuclear weapons would defeat the Iranian government. But once you let that nuclear genie out of the bag, it never goes back in. the USA desperately does not want a nuclear fight happening in the middle east, regardless if its USA or Israel doing the nuking.

Israel knows this..

However Israel has no choice.

Israel is going to blackmail the USA

'' If you dont hit Iran hard, we will be forced to hit them harder with nuclear weapons. And we will... so you need to decide what you want more ''

least thats my opinion on the matter.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
1. The people of the US (mostly) don't want war but they don't exactly have control over their country either. If some warmongering nut (any repub but Ron) gets elected, it's on.

2. I wonder if Russia is more involved than they appear and this could be some sort of shell-game being played out. Doubtful, but interesting possibility.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

The US desperately do not want a war. They are trying to avoid it, because they know the reality.

I disagree with this.

It's obvious the US is sitting on an itchy trigger finger (yet again).

They're currently stirring the pot with Iran, Syria, China, Venezuela, Brazil... just to name a few off the top of my head.

Oh, they desperately want a war to kickoff.
They're bank account needs it bad.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
According to all the ATS "pundits" i thought Russia wasnt scared of anything much less the US. Why are they SCARED the US will be pushed to war? Hmmmm. To hear the kids on here, Russia is SO superiro and SO big and bad, you would think they would welcome war...not be "scared" of it.

SOOOO. Either Russia is rational or ATS is FULL of idiots. Hmmmmm.

edit on 12-1-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

no they wouldn't welcome war because they know that even though they are mighty, they do not want to be FORCED to engage in war...

Nobody wants war... well... apparently nobody except israel...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
How about this..behind the closed doors, the US tells Israel to go ahead.
And at the press table tell the peoples they are against it.

let Israel do what it can to keep Iran from its eventuality (they will have nuke power eventualy)
and when Iran retaliates to Israels attack, the US steps in to keep the chosen from being desolated, then Russia can step in and really muck it up

There's your WW3 dreams come true ?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sevenseas7

I think we're all f**ked.

top topics

join