It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the philosophy of the animals?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What is the philosophy of the animals?

None: animals do not have the capacity for abstract thought.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Even if they don't think about the abstract, they still FEEL it. They FEEL happiness, They FEEL anger. It doesn't matter if they have a way to think about it or not...

No animal would purposely walk into danger, would they? They want to feel HAPPINESS, right?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
There are many philosophies which humans came up with through out the ages. There is Taoism (Going with the flow and living in peace and accepting the flow), there is Optimism (thinking on the bright side), Pessimism (thinking of the worst possible outcomes), and many others...

Some people believe in a creator of all things, some don't....

I'm wondering, just by looking at the animals and observing how they act and live day to day life, what philosophy(s) do you think animals subscribe to?

Excellent thread.

Survival.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Even if they don't think about the abstract, they still FEEL it. They FEEL happiness, They FEEL anger. It doesn't matter if they have a way to think about it or not...

No animal would purposely walk into danger, would they? They want to feel HAPPINESS, right?

I think animals demonstrate all the different philosophical behaviours as humans. For example, parrots can have psychological problems from neglect. A mother animal will risk her life to protect her offspring.

Maybe animals don't form their behaviours based on reading Aristotle, but neither do most humans. Most humans will risk their lives for comrades in war because that is human instinct.

People who draw a line between humans and animals are forgetting that humans are animals.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

So this altruism - this putting others before yourself - is it instinct? Is instincts of Altruism, Love, and Survival?

Animals have love and feel love too. I wonder what do they crave for in life? It is instinct to keep living but do they do it out of fear or death like humans? Do animals crave for happiness or love?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by cloudyday

So this altruism - this putting others before yourself - is it instinct? Is instincts of Altruism, Love, and Survival?

Animals have love and feel love too. I wonder what do they crave for in life? It is instinct to keep living but do they do it out of fear or death like humans? Do animals crave for happiness or love?

Maybe our most "noble" human behaviors are actually animal instinct (e.g. motherly love, loyalty, etc.).

I have also noticed that animals don't seem to be "gluttonous". Humans with unlimited access to food (like in the U.S.) tend to get fat, but my cat only eats enough to stay healthy. Fat pets tend to have metabolic problems; they don't usually overeat to make themselves feel good.

I think animals brains have less flexible software but evolution has hard-wired them with positive behavior. Humans must learn what animals already understand instinctively.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

You dont want to know... because they actually might be the most misunderstood beings right now. And knowing "it" if you can accept it, will lead to a very depressed state because ha, Truth is awesome, but when you unveil the lies you see how pathetic your own philosophies truly were as you just turned into circles thinking you could catch the Truth that was there all along but unable to reach you due to a reduced state of mind and a strong denial. Im obviously not answering to you personally but globally.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Eat as much as possible, have sex as much as possible, sleep as much as possible, and poo as much as possible...!?
And hope to repeat again tommorrow cause Jesus said I could live...only for tommorrow.

edit on 13-5-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join