It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linking Thread for Strange Sound Phenomenon

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Very cool!
I just joined the live stream.
Thanks

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
OK, now Wisconsin is getting even more weird....

Not only is Clintonville making strange sounds, so is the Town of Monetllo....

And I have to add this, Fond Du Lac Wisconsin is now reporting strange smells there.....

Here is the link to the Montello thread I started:

Mysterious Sounds in Montello, WI

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Very strange something going on here in Minneapolis. I was working from home today out in our sunroom.

I heard what sounded like a jet aircraft rumbling in the distance and all of a sudden the sound just stopped dead at 2:46 a few minutes ago.

Instead of fading away as a jet heading away would sound it was like someone flipped the off switch.

At 2:49, it abruptly started up again. Abrupt.
At 2:51 it shut off and now it's silent again.
All I can hear out there is chickadees now.

We are near the Minneapolis St. Paul international airport and we have heard engines on test stands being turned on and off at times but whatever this sound is, it is coming from the northwest (the airport is to the northeast).

So whatever it is, it's coming from the other side of town. Very odd!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
A couple very credible sources are telling me the noise is actually just Chuck Norris training for Armageddon.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There was a hug sonic boom that shook our entire house this morning in Monterey California. My girlfriend said people were posting pictures of a ring in the sky it made, but I haven't seen the pictures yet. Does anybody know what would cause such a massive rumble? It felt like a 7+ earthquake but it was one quick rumble like a massive bolder fell off a truck...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by White2098

Do you know where there are any photos of the ring? Have you heard anything else?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Mysterious boom heard from Soledad to Seaside
Boom

A mysterious loud boom was heard and felt Monday morning from as far south as Soledad all the way north to Seaside Monday morning. The single boom happened at 10:51 a.m. and rattled residents in numerous areas including Soledad, Chualar, Pebble Beach, Carmel, Monterey, Salinas, Marina, and Seaside. "Almost broke my windows, ran outside and saw a curved jet stream over Carmel Valley," resident Melinda Mayland said. As of 12:40 p.m., air traffic controllers at Monterey Regional Airport and Salinas Municipal Airport said they had no idea what caused the big boom.

I couldn't find any info on a cloud ring.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Nice find Neysa! I found one picture, but it doesn't seem like it would really have correlated to the boom and massive rumble it caused. I was asleep and jumped out of bed fearing it was a large scale quake. I really don't think a Jet is capable of such power.

This jet stream was spotted above Carmel Valley when Monday's boom was heard.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by White2098
There was a hug sonic boom that shook our entire house this morning in Monterey California. My girlfriend said people were posting pictures of a ring in the sky it made, but I haven't seen the pictures yet. Does anybody know what would cause such a massive rumble? It felt like a 7+ earthquake but it was one quick rumble like a massive bolder fell off a truck...

I saw that story with the pic earlier. I posted the link in a sound thread, not sure which one sorry. I'll try to find it

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Mysterious boom heard along central California Pacific coast

source

ring pic

the ring might have been a contrail because a jet was seen
edit on 29-3-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Quite here in the castle tonight so I have found you some recent strange sound vids.

Uploaded by supermanvision on Mar 27, 2012
I was at the gas station around 4:30am after work as I've been doing for years, but heard something that I have never heard before. I shot video from my iPhone - raw and unedited. Footage was shot around 4:45am... take note of the lights on in the building at that hour of the night - sound must have woke them up.

Uploaded by UpNorthOfThe49th on Mar 30, 2012
Strange Sound In The Sky In Alberta 9:45 am March 30, 2012

Turn your volume up to hear good. I am using a small camera not a great one.

This morning the sound was really loud in the house. I went out and thought I should record this as it was the same sound I heard on 01/12/12. (I remember the date because I started looking into this wondering what that sound was and where it came from it was very strange).I heard the sound on youtube from Northern Alberta in the forest and it was exactly the same. Much like a huge gas line or something being released. This time it was not quite as loud but it was very noticeable. I should have taped longer to show how quiet it got after this, however I was not sure how long into the ten minutes I was (this is my first youtube). After the noise was gone the birds started singing and it got really windy but quiet in the sky.

I made a mistake in the video stating Cochrane Alberta when in fact the video was Conklin Alberta. Here is the video and it sent chills down my spine when I heard it, it was exactly what the sound was like here in Southern Alberta. We are around 400 miles South of Conklin.

Uploaded by ImRamro on Mar 18, 2012 We heard this thunder sound that has a definite pattern or rhythm a few years ago and jumped in the truck to find the source. I know it is coming from the sky, but what the hell is it. Sound coming from central California near Fresno. Please let me know if you know what this is??

I'll be back with more later.
edit on 9-4-2012 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
first post. nice to meet you all. i've been immersed in these 'strange sound' threads for a few days (though i have not heard them myself) and i've found an interesting correlation. it is known that before earthquakes, volcanoes, and other massive geological events, an infrasound is produced that's below the range of human hearing. this sound, though we cannot perceive it, still affects us physically and mentally. some call the sensation unsettling. this particular low frequency has even been used in movies to envoke fear. i have noticed that some describe the sound as 'the soundtrack of a movie when something bad is about to happen.' check out this article.

The human ear can only hear a limited part of the sound spectrum. Above that range is ultrasound and below it is infrasound. Although largely unheard, vibrations in these ranges can still affect the human body in ways that are quite different from the informational aspect of simply listening. These higher and lower registers of sound frequencies are, today, the stuff of imaginative speculation. While the conspiracy watchers believe they are the basis of secret weapons research for covert operations, mind control and other conspiratorial uses, another, more idealistic, school associates them with meditative states and magical technology.
It is alleged that many feature films, particularly horror movies, employ the use of infrasound to produce a heightened state of unease in the audience. The most recent addition to this list is the film ‘Paranormal Activity’. Perhaps this subtle effect is partly to do with the film’s extraordinary success.

then there's this guy. Don't know if this article has been posted before, i'm just using it as an example of what i'm referring to.

“We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc. However, the scale of the observed humming sound in terms of both the area covered and its power far exceeds those that can be generated by the above-mentioned phenomena.” IN THAT CASE, WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS HUMMING IN THE SKY? “In our opinion, the source of such powerful and immense manifestation of acoustic-gravity waves must be very large-scale energy processes. These processes include powerful solar flares and huge energy flows generated by them, rushing towards Earth’s surface and destabilizing the magnetosphere, ionosphere and upper atmosphere. Thus, the effects of powerful solar flares: the impact of shock waves in the solar wind, streams of corpuscles and bursts of electromagnetic radiation are the main causes of generation of acoustic-gravitation waves following increased solar activity.
BUT YOU SAID THAT THE CAUSE OF THE “SKY HUM” CAN LIE WITHIN EARTH’S CORE AS WELL, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
“There is one more possible cause of these sounds and it may lie at the Earth’s core. The fact is that the acceleration of the drift of the Earth’s north magnetic pole which increased more than fivefold between 1998 and 2003 and is at the same level today points to intensification of energy processes in the Earth’s core, since it is processes in the inner and outer core that form the Earth’s geomagnetic field. Meanwhile, as we have already reported, on November 15, 2011 all ATROPATENA geophysical stations which record three-dimensional variations of the Earth’s gravitational field almost simultaneously registered a powerful gravitational impulse. The stations are deployed in Istanbul, Kiev, Baku, Islamabad and Yogyakarta, with the first and last one being separated by a distance of about 10,000 km. Such a phenomenon is only possible if the source of this emanation is at the Earth’s core level. That huge energy release from the Earth’s core at the end of the last year was some kind of a start signal indicating the transition of the Earth’s internal energy into a new active phase.

i find it very interesting that these sounds people are hearing also carry a lower frequency than we are unable to perceive with our ears. if we evolved from the earth, something is hard wired in us that tells us something is wrong. what exactly is wrong is still up for debate.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sunshineteaco

Welcome to ATS

Thanks for the post. This is the first I have heard about infrasound relating to the strange sounds phenomenon.
I remember seeing a ghost hunting documentary where they were measuring infrasound in supposedly haunted locations.

Depending on the pitch, infrasound can cause physical pressure, fear, disorientation, negative physical and mental symptoms, explode matter, incapacitate, and kill. For example, in World War II, Nazi propaganda engineers used infrasound to stir up anger in the large crowds that had gathered to hear Hitler. The result was a nation filled with anger and hatred. Studies show the different ways in which infrasound affects the human body. As infrasound pitches, or cycles per second, decrease, deadly effects on the body increase. Infrasound disrupts the normal functioning of the middle and inner ear, leading to nausea, imbalance, impaired equilibrium, immobilization, and disorientation. Exposure to even mild doses of infrasound can lead to illness. Increased intensities of infrasound can result in death. These are a few examples of low frequency (below 500 Hz) and infrasound (below 20 Hz.) levels and their effects:

Source

You should probably go make an intro thread.

Introductions

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Posted today by semperfortis
Canadians make a racket about mysterious noise

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

New ,or maybe new to us,sources of sounds,kat.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

I thought you did one yourself but couldnt find it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

edit on 24-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Scotland - 386 people reported. Police followed up next day with a phone call to the thread's OP. Official story was sonic booms; but, police followed up AFTER the "official story" was broadcast.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24/5/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Thanks for adding that link, Trexter.
I sent a U2U to jrmcleod, asking if I could add his thread to this one but have not heard back. Not sure about the etiquette when it comes to that kind of thing here.
I'm very curious to see if he gets a personal response from the MoD, or an automated response. Perhaps because of the number of witnesses, they will take an interest. I would not hold my breath, though.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

I "presumed" linking is always okay unless a web page (anywhere on the net) specifically asks not to be linked. If we had to get permission for every link ... there'd be no Internet as we know it.

His story was a good one that fits in the strange sounds group.

He got a second call back; yes (from the officer, not the MoD). It was in person - but "automated" - BOTH! You get TWO points for two correct guesses. He felt the officer was reading the official excuse from a script. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24/5/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join