It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linking Thread for Strange Sound Phenomenon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It's storming like mad here at the moment so hard to really hear anything above the pounding rain and thunder at the moment...but temps are to drop by 30+ degrees today and then snow tonight...might be a tad bit quieter to keep an ear out for any odd noises.
I was one that posted on StealthyKat's OP and brought up the weird noises we were hearing here in south central Ohio. Haven't heard much new lately, but will keep an ear out. The noises and vibrations I experienced seemed to be lower audio levels of what is being described and posted. Sounds as if, if this isn't a hoax, like the volume knob was cranked up another notch. Thanks everyone for keeping an open ear and mind and posting what you find.
I am very intrigued by this subject and would love to find out what the final result may be.
With everything we do to the earth...I for one wouldn't be very surprised to see her getting mighty upset with us.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
And I do see in another part of the posts on the subject, that many people are questioning the fact that not alot of witnesses are out and about experiencing this. My theories on this:
1) No one pays much attention to things anymore unless they directly effect them. Case in point people being shot, mugged, beaten and raped....right outside peoples door. Either the people are too drawn up in their own lives to help or get involved or too numbed and "protected" and detached by everything in their homes...people just don't observe what is around them much. Too many distractions and lack of caring.
2) We are so used to white noise around us...we have all become very lacking in having anything but something directly under our feet and in our face have much effect on us. I don't realize how noisy my workplace and even the town and townhome I live in, is....until I get away from it all and go camping, wayyyy out and away. There are many types of noises we just get used to and take for granted or block out. Look at people near train tracks, airports, water ports...etc. They cope by blocking sounds out. Hell we sleep with a fan on just for the noise because it gets too quiet in our bedroom and keeps us awake...just for example.
or......
3) Only certain people are tuned in to the noise and vibrations. Don't count that one out either.
4) Or this.....bored people with a lot of time on their hand putting on a hell of a hoax on many many many people. I can understand people questioning the whole youtube video hoax....for those that never experienced it first hand...yeah totally understand your point of view. BUT for those of us that have....before we even thought to look on youtube or ATS....what then? i am one that has.
Anyway...happy hunting all. Please keep us up to date.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
and for a case in point to my above reply....the baseball game is a good example of people just not getting panic stricken or really paying much attention. The announcer and commentator are making all kinds of comments about the noise....but looking at the crowd...no one is panic bound or running about...they are just looking around every now and then then back to the task at hand...watching the ball game. Short of the roof falling in....or screaming and a sudden crowd wide panic fit ans stampede....not really much bothered them. Just a sound. And those ball parks can get noisy themselves too. May be hard for people inside to really tell what it is. Just thought I would point that out. people talking about running scared and filling their pants lol....well unless they have a source for the sound and it's a direct threat they see feel and smell....no one is gonna run. Inquisitiveness takes over I am afraid. Curiosity doesn't just harm cats...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bw_drum
3) Only certain people are tuned in to the noise and vibrations. Don't count that one out either.

Another excellent point. This would certainly explain why not everyone hears it, although I do agree with your earlier point that we have so much noise going on we tend to block alot outand miss it - ring tones, tvs, fridges, traffic, etc. We enjoy camping in the summer and there is nothing better than being away from all the noise. You do get the noises of nature, but that is much nicer. I wonder what its like in those dead zones?

My sister and I and our kids were playing with an ap where it plays a sound at various pitches. Young children, adults and the elderly all hear different ranges - there are actually pitches that children and adults do not share. It was kind of wierd when they were hearing something that I couldnt.

On that note, I have noticed I can hear an electrical hum/hiss from those decoder boxes and radio clocks. It is really annoying and can be quite loud (to me that is) although no one else seems to notice. If I am around it too long I get a headache. We have sky so dont get it on ours but those freeview boxes can be quite loud.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I was hoping that this thread would help to consolidate the many threads on this topic, but I can see it isn't going to work. No one seems to be searching the topic before starting new threads and so nothing changes.

I asked the mods if we could have a seperate forum but the request was denied. They suggested I make a linking thread.
Sorry guys, I tried.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
ok...one more.
Can't help myself

Strange sounds in northern Greece

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Would be nice to have a forum just for this topic. I know many threads have run off the rails...but there is still some legit info circulating in here. Would be nice to have it all organized in one location. Thanks for trying Neysa. This has been a subject that has been growing for quite some time now. And to those that think it's all hoax. I understand the videos very well could be/and a few are for sure....but some of us experienced similar sounds wayyy before the subject had video and had blown up to current proportions. Anyway...good luck to everyone on finding a logical answer. I plan to keep digging.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Think these strandings could be related? As dolphins use echo-location to navigate, could these sounds, vibrations be screwing with their sonar?

Dolphin strandings

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Thats some weird stuff, does anyone know when the first recording was taken?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
ive cracked it . at first i thought it was virgins new galactic tour ship thing re-entering after tests its doing right now (its based in new mexico)

www.virgingalactic.com...

then perhaps godzilla created by fukushima nuke accident

but maybe its this!!

im putting suggestions out there as to eliminate them
edit on 18-1-2012 by MaximinusThrax because: edit

edit on 18-1-2012 by MaximinusThrax because: virgin

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

ATTENTION:

PLEASE add any new sound videos or stories or anything about this "sound" to THIS existing thread.
There are way too many threads and all the videos are being posted numerous times on various threads.
This thread will allow for a more organized way of discussing this....all in one place.

Thank you.

edit on January 18th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
In regards to a new thread that was created and linked to this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did some simple searching and came up with a theory:

Approximately 54% of Rex's proved reserve growth was attributable to expanded horizontal drilling in the Butler County, Pennsylvania operated area. Rex also saw considerable growth in Marcellus Shale production through the work of its joint venture partner, Williams, in Westmoreland, Clearfield and Centre Counties, Pennsylvania.

Rex Energy Corporation

Anyone here able to corroborate what a horizontal drilling operation might sound like?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

have you seen in the mexico vid... look at the plant leaves in the garden when you hear the sound. its start to move with the sound then stop with it..
edit on 18-1-2012 by rikgrimsby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If you ask me, i think the sounds are the Earth purging itself. OF what? I don't know, but take a look at the increase in activity of earthqukes...there been THREE 5.1+ quakes within the past 90 minutes....That freakin outrageous....

North America is the only corner of the four corners of the Ring of Fire that hasn't been hit hard yet...

If you ask me, Cali's overdue for a quake....like a GAMECHANGER....I'm talkin massive damage people...just watch. VERY VERY SOON. Like the movie 2012

Quake Map
edit on 18-1-2012 by WatcherMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO
i stumbled on it looking for strange noise videos,

i am DEFINITELY being pushed down the underground path rather than the skies, just listen to the video.

bear in mind that the noises were made just with a quad bike rolling down a dune, imagine the noise if some huge industrial machine was doing it, it would be 100x stronger and louder.

Whatever is causing it i don't know but i definitely think it is coming from underground, could be to do with bases, or countries digging underground making new bases scared of nuclear war, could be the earth naturally moving so slight that it vibrates through the land creating the noise. What is frustrating is this could be another topic that we can never prove, because unless we are told what they are by TPTB we will never know for sure.

i was interested by the sound the snake made, you have to imagine scale, something huge has happened and what has happened is that the natural sounds around us have been amplified to such an extent that we are hearing noises just like snake sound when magnified. To hear these sounds normally you need an underground mic like in the video and then you see the weird sounds we create.

So, the best case that i can put forward is, something huge is happening/has happened underground, either natural or done by humans. Due to the force/size of what has happened it has magnified the natural sounds to such a huge degree that you are almost hearing it through a mic, because the sounds are so quiet naturally that the only way to hear them is to amplify them to a huge degree.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
MOD NOTE:
Please do not spam your threads on other threads.
edit on January 18th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Ummm. Is this not supposed to be a "linking thread" to do just that?
edit on 1/18/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Since no one was able to comment due to thread closure, I'll repost here.

There's a theory floating around the boards that I'm beginning to warm up to: Bluebeam.

I've done a bit of research on Project Bluebeam, and while the idea is intriguing I have no idea how "they" could pull it - The Second Coming of Christ, the Mahdi, an alien invasion, whateva - off logistically. The holograms would have to be 3D so that they would appear the same to people looking at them from different vantage points and perspectives thousands of miles away. I don't think they could get away with a bunch of small holograms, there would be too many "conspiracy theories" pop up about anomalies in the images. Then again, when has a good conspiracy theory stopped "them" from doing whatever they wish?

I've seen videos on YT demonstrating some pretty unsettling sound tech. VIDS & OP

So, are "they" testing the speakers for a fake alien invasion? IDK. It's gonna be hella interesting to watch unfold tho.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
this is a good 14min compilation of the noises, first 2 or 3 are a bit rubbish. I'm sure most of them will have been posted here but i haven't checked all threads. If you watch it from 4mins 50sec, the Canada one is so loud, the next one after that ,Hungary, is just plain scary.

The more i listen to them the more it sounds like something being transmitted, like from a huge speaker, or something magnifying sounds to such an extent that small things create such a huge noise.

Very strange, but all seem to have a similar structure if perhaps differing sound. They all seem to have that hollow, tinny,echo effect to them.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I googled "strange sounds Washington DC" and this site came up. I saw how recent the posts were and I had to reply.

Keep in mind I am a total newbie on the topic and I know absolutely nothing nor have a heard any other stories of strange sounds until I have read some threads on here.

I was in Washington DC last night and I heard a really strange sound around 6:15 or so. It lasted about 8 seconds and it was really loud. If there is a legit explaination for this sound that a local can give me, please do. I just wanted to share what I heard after reading other stories. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread but they were arguing too much over wind on that one so I thought I would put my theory on a page that looked more serious. Sorry for the repost in advance.

I'll admit I didn't read all the threads here but I have been keeping up with this all week. I watched the baseball game and too wondered why nobody was reacting. Further other videos have shown for example someone filming and recording the sound and yet below were about 3 guys skateboarding and showing no reaction whatsoever. So then I thought of something kind of funny. What if the noise is only meant to be heard by certain people? For instance why some people can see the dead for example or communicate with the other side and others in the same room say can't see a thing? Yet we can pick up ghostly images and noises on a recording for all to hear.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join