It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linking Thread for Strange Sound Phenomenon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

In fact, maybe I can feed of off the posts in your thread Neysa if that's okay with you. I work every other weekend so I do have a bit of time. Please let me know.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The Strange Sound Being Heard Around The World Redux: The Menominee Crack Revisited
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 1/11/2012 @ 10:51 AM

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

I think this is the video:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The Schumann resonances are raising, so the Earth is as an instrument tuning to a slightly higher frequency. The phenomenon is related to the out of phase relationships arising as the resonances are tuned higher. Like tuning a guitar, when the two notes don't quite match and you hear a pulse when they are both sounded. I predict when the phenomenon is ended the Schumann resonances will all be verified to be settled at new slightly higher frequencies.

And seriously where's the news been on this for what, half a year now? It's nice to see it picking up. It will make the game of waiting for the MSM to pick up on it more fun. And as usual while they are busy being completely incompetent, it's been all over ATS since day 1. . .

All I can say is tell people about this, your friends and your family. Because as usual, 'someone' is dropping the ball in letting them know about the most interesting and important things that went on in today's events all throughout the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

i posted that video in my first reply to the thread, an article link with the best video of it.

It is linked to the underground base there being attacked, the very next day after this sound was heard they had the largest earthquake for over 100 years.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

By all means

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Uggh there are STILL new threads popping up. We need a separate space for all this. It's getting ridiculous. All the info is so scattered.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Yes the whole thing has just become such an untraceable mess. Every new thread attracts different contributors it seems, and there is just no concerted effort. Some reasonably good theories but I've given up myself. How is it possible to track all of this..

Whatever it is, we either find out it's harmless, or it becomes apparent because it is some serious issue like tectonic plates reverberating before sudden large quakes, some dangerous weather phenomenon that just blows up in our faces, or 2 years from now nothing has happened and it's all forgotten.
Frustrating because I would love to know, but I don't have time in my life to trawl the amount of new threads and videos and collate them in any sensible fashion.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Look this sound of São Thomé das Letras - Brazil. We can observe Bird's sounds, people talking at the end of the video and even the wind sound on background, this sound is becoming hard to be a hoax. I listen a kid saying that he/she is becoming afraid of that.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
May seem off topic but in my humble opinion it may not be the case.
Nazareth Baptist Church

Nazareth Baptist Church (Alternatively called "The Nazarite Church" "iBandla lamaNazaretha", or the "Shembe Church") is an African Initiated Church founded by Isaiah Shembe 1910.[1] It has approximately 4 million members. The religion bans smoking, drinking, and fornicating. It is seen as a mixture of Zulu tradition and Christianity. It reveres Shembe as an African Messiah and emphasizes the Ten Commandments. It was divided into two groups after the 1976 death of Bishop Johannes Galilee Shembe. The larger group was led by Bishop Amos Shembe until his death in 1996, while the Rt. Rev. Londa Shembe led the smaller group. As of 2009 it was divided into four factions – three in KwaZulu-Natal and one in Gauteng

BBC Unholy row

and the link i may be referring to
Vuvuzela
Vuvuzela's Note

The vuvuzela (pronunciation: /vuːvuːˈzɛlə/), also known as vuvuvu (its Tswana name), is a plastic horn, about 65 centimetres (2 ft) long, which produces a loud monotone note, typically around B♭3 (the B♭ below middle C).Some models are made in two parts to facilitate storage, and this design also allows pitch variation. Many types of vuvuzela, made by several manufacturers, may produce various intensity and frequency outputs. The intensity of these outputs depends on the blowing technique and pressure exerted

so what tones and frequencies are the sounds that are heard globally? And what effect would a few thousand football fans have at a world cup for instance have in a stadium that would effectively be turned into a speaker that was directed skyward have? Could the sound be heard in space considering one vuvuzela is deafening? could the sound be amplified to such effect that would attract otherworldly interest?

Maybe just maybe its a reply?
edit on 17-1-2012 by Lee78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Mods....please help!
This was a serious topic, but it's getting to the point where it isn't being taken seriously.....because of the repetitive threads and distortion of facts.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Here is something I can through in the mix, the sounds that i am hearing are similar to the sounds that I once heard on a CD that was made by Voyager 1 they put out a CD that had recordings of sounds of what space sounded like as the craft travailed through space. And it all so had sounds of when it got closer to a planet the sounds changed.

If this is what outer space sounds like in our atmosphere then something big has changed to let it in. The only thing that could let that happen is a change in our magnetic field, why I say that is some of the harmonics are vary low like a pressure wave traveling through the earths air. The sounds have no rime or rhythm just like the sounds on the voyager CD.

I thought you all might find this a little interesting that may be the sounds are coming from space but now we can here them as to before we could not, but what is more interesting is what has changed to let that happen ?

That is the real question What has changed?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

what about the possibility of this linked post regarding solar flares

What is the chances or possibility of solar flares having some sort of vibrational influence on the earth as if the earth is a tuning fork in a sense?
Is there a connection between dates of sounds and flares buffetting the magnetosphere, remembering that many buildings also have iron/steel structures and the overall vibration can travel. Everything uses vibrations and sound is vibrations.

Tuning Fork

A tuning fork is an acoustic resonator in the form of a two-pronged fork with the prongs (tines) formed from a U-shaped bar of elastic metal (usually steel). It resonates at a specific constant pitch when set vibrating by striking it against a surface or with an object, and emits a pure musical tone after waiting a moment to allow some high overtones to die out. The pitch that a particular tuning fork generates depends on the length of the two prongs. Its main use is as a standard of pitch to tune other musical instruments.

tuning fork gyroscope?

You all may pass this off as nonesense but hey, is it not a possibility?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

Interesting! I don't know if that would help....the problem is that people keep starting new threads with the same things over and over, and it's getting redundant.....they could easily contribute to existing threads, but don't bother searching. The result is that the info is getting scattered, and fact mixed with fiction. Sorry for ranting, but myself and a couple of others have put a lot of time into it, and I think that all these threads which are basically repeating what's already there are causing it to be turned into a circus. It's a valid topic and a real thing, and it is ridiculous when you spend time doing all the searching, only for someone to post a new thread which is basically a carbon copy with all the same videos and everything....same questions which have already been discussed etc.....and yet they stay up and new ones keep appearing daily. I can see a new thread if someone discovered what it is or some ground breaking news, but these are just the same old things already being discussed in existing threads.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jsettica

That is something which I considered too....I'm no expert on that, but who knows....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I am fascinated by this subject. Replied on another thread earlier today:

'Strange sounds' heard Worldwide last week

Been thinking about it on the school run and I am glad someone else has suggested the solar flares/space sounds. Could these be leaking in from space? The sun is going through cycles so maybe sunspot activity is linked as well. Also wondering if the northern lights had a sound would this be it?

Also got distracted by the sink holes on You Tube (will add linkies later an getting dinner at mo) and like the earth is a musical instrument. If these holes keep appearing, if the sounds are from underground maybe these are sink holes are letting the sounds out?

Anyway, keep up the good work guys!
edit on 17/1/2012 by YarlanZey because: Was going to add some You Tube videos of similar but mundane sounds for comparison but unable to edit post to copy and paste (cos I is lazy) but you can find it on my linky above,

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

HEAR HEAR!

This needs a sub forum.

SK's thread should be one of the stickies in that forum.

It's showing up in the internet elsewhere too:

Yahoo answers.

A Topix thread from 2009

One explination at WMC news

Its coming all the way from Osceola, AR.

That's where Zachary Industrial is putting the finishing touches on the Plum Point Energy Station.

The noise being heard is coming from steam blows - a way of cleaning the new plant's steam system.

The blows do create a loud noise similar to a jet engine.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I agree with you, but in a way, it is also a sign of something weird going on, but what gets me is that some are still just going for the stars and flags instead of the info.
Have you seen some of the replies that some have posted? I mean a 5 year old would have a bit more maturity when dealing with whatever this is.

Some videos are fakes of course, while others have no clear explanation, time will tell , but the internets is on fire right now, the best and worst of humanity will get together and throw its 5 cents around, until it slaps us in the face instead of working together as usual.

Why cant there be just one megathread?
Lets concentrate our efforts, and get to the bottom of this!

Ill keep an eye out for any new developments, by the way, please keep a camera or a recording device nearby, no excuses this time for not having one!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join