It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linking Thread for Strange Sound Phenomenon

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

How predictable...and disappointing

Ah well

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

West Michigan - Sunday 27 May 2012

You have another one here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hopefully, he will come here and post details himself.

Another person posted the story on this thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was thinking ... there are several DIFFERENT types of sky noises. This particular story is about one that sounds like sonic booms; but, wasn't a sonic boom. The unique thing in this story is the two trees that fell.

Now, if you pile the older style square bales of hay in a field, open and uncovered - they can spontaneously combust and set the field on fire. Moisture trapped inside the hay that was subjected to the elements (rain in particular) is often cited as the reason ... but, so is methane buildup - a gas made by deteriorating organic matter.

Suppose those two trees were the same age, subjected to the same environmental stresses and had a hollow cavity inside that was deteriorating. My idea is that perhaps methane (or some other?) gas was able to buildup in a hollow inside the trees and that made the sonic boom sound ... unless it was the sound of the trees falling themselves that did it.

Aaaaw, I just remembered it was heard several counties away. Scratch the methane, other gas, or tree-falling sound idea.
edit on 29/5/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Found a news report.

It looked to me as if the trees were snapped as if something hit them. No scorching or discoloration. Just broken off like we see after a wind storm.

Frustrating thing is, who knows whether the military is telling the truth about sonic booms. Although, I have never heard that a sonic boom can cause damage beyond cracking a window.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Neysa,

Please see my thread below for the personalised letter from the MoD regarding my email of the 23rd May

Personalised Letter From The MoD

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa

How predictable...and disappointing

Ah well

Predictable eh? Just takes patience.

Check this out! MOD HAS sent him a personalized letter and confirmed it was sonic booms in the Scotland case. www.abovetopsecret.com... The OP jrmcleod got a star and flag for all his followup work and efforts. He went above and beyond!

Edit: Oooops! I see he posted just above me as I was typing this post and checking it.
edit on 31/5/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We've also been hearing very strange noises almost every night here in the UK, although the noises can have gaps of a couple of weeks silence at a time. We live in a rural town in Yorkshire, and can't for the life of us pin point even where it's coming from!

The sounds can differ at times from sounding like a rocket taking off - to machinery, but both sounds are equally as regular! One night at around 4.30am it was so loud it woke both myself and my Husband up, it almost sounded as if there was a factory full of machinery operating full pelt next to our house, yet we couldn't locate where it was coming from!

We also had an incident a couple of months ago when not only us but a few residents in the area heard an explosion, as did local officers who were in our local station - it was so loud and powerful the windows in the houses bellied in and out! I contacted the Air Force as it was reported on TV that it was a "sonic boom" - which we knew it couldn't have been as there were no exercises anywhere near here scheduled that day, my Husband already checked that! I received a letter back insisting it was a sonic boom, with no other explanation as to why when an exercise was not even going on that day here!

Here is a video from the south east of England with some of the noises we're getting here in England....

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-6-2012 by Nyree because: You tube link didn't work

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Massive Booming Noise Rocks Northern Michigan
First hand account by OldCorp.
Very interesting read.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Neysa because: meh

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Reporter Detained/Arrested Investigating Mysterious Explosion

Bob Powell (OldCorp) was arrested when he tried to enter the Alpena Regional Combat Training Center to investigate the source of the loud booms heard in the area.
It seems he is on a "LIST".
Nice.

This is what happens when you try to find the truth in America, these days.

*snip*
Here is his video report of the incident
*snip*

Mod Note/Recruiting and/or Solicitation: See Terms and Conditions of Use

edit on Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:38:26 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

www.youtube.com...

My contribution from a few days ago.

forum

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Thanks for adding that. I know you didn't mean to catch the jet sound, but it is good to have it for comparison to the unidentified sound.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is a good recording of a strange booming sound, captured by TheEndIsNear421 in Sacramento, CA.
4-8-2012

Originally posted by TheEndIsNear421
This is the best recording I could get of the boom claps. You can hear the sounds best in the first fifteen seconds, after that it just gets lower and then just stops completely. Keep in mind I was trying to capture the audio only because the video is terrible

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
anyone heard anything recently? youtube seems to have an influx of fake videos

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zoetrope

I haven't seen anything that didn't look like a fake, since the post above yours. I don't bother looking for them on youtube. Too much crap.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There has been almost continuous roaring (like StealthyKat's videos) for at least 35 minutes straight in NW San Antonio. I'm pretty sure it's not planes (we've heard fighters go over, up to 9 & very, very low). I can't go out & tape it. If someone else in NW SA could or can verify? Lackland AFB is 21 miles away & the airport is not quite 10.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

Just popping in to say that since my last post, I haven't heard it again. It went on for months, then nothing. I have since moved to the Baton Rouge area, and so far ....nada

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Thanks for dropping by, Kat.
Keep us posted.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

there are several video's on youtube regarding the strange sound during the hurricane... whats with all the sonic booms? this seems to now be escalating with falling objects or fireballs...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

there was another one in seattle last night but i can't seem to find the link to it...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Here is a link to some items on sky noises. I've not heard about this in a while, and posted this same link on a new thread prior to seeing this one.

Anyone hear about this?
Oh, and my apologies to anyone who's already posted this link...

Strange Sounds In The Sky

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EdwynaGolden

Yes its the first one that guy has reported a noise in awhile. If its anything like last year its kinda what is expected. For some reason these noises start popping up during winter. See if they pick up more come the next few months.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wow. Listen to this:
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join