It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Officially confirms: Cold Fusion(LENR) is REAL

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I wouldn't put a penny in it. It's already obsolete. The minute overunity energy hits the main stream, short sell oil because oil futures will drop to less than 10 bucks a barrel.
edit on 13-1-2012 by consciousgod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
nevermind

edit on 13-1-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by flexy123

www.encyclopedia.com...

Tsung-Dao Lee

Tsung-Dao Lee (born 1962) disproved the principle of parity.

Tsung-Dao Lee and his colleague physicist Chen Ning Yang developed the revolutionary theory that the unusual behavior of the K-meson (a subatomic particle) is a result of its violating a supposedly inviolable law of nature, conservation of parity, which defines the basic symmetry of nature. A few months after their theory had been announced, fellow physicist Chien-Shiung Wu obtained experimental confirmation of their remarkable discovery. For their work, Lee and Yang were awarded the 1957 Nobel Prize in physics.

I was just wondering how he was able to be awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics a full 5 years before he was born. Time traveler too? ...lol

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm going to sit in the skeptical camp for now. Not saying I don't believe, but I'm just going to keep my eye out. All the links and videos you have posted have presented say they are researching this. Now this is the first I've heard of LERN but I'm very excited about the prospects of it, however I'm not going to get my hopes up to much or hold my breath. I really hope this become reality however, though it will suck having to buy a new car that runs off of LERN instead of gas.

EDIT: It will rock that I could have a car that runs off of clean energy and doesn't need gas anymore but suck because the whole transition thing and registering it and getting the money and the fact it'll cost a bunch and ramble ramble.
edit on 1/13/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

With the vast amounts of gas driven cars already in place, i would think some intermediary solution would be proposed that would have them modified in some way to run on LENR instead of gas. I am sure it would be a huge effort coming up with some "universal solution" to this problem, but at the same time i think the effort would be worth it, as the inventor would become very rich.

An easy solution would be to fill up the tank with water, having the LENR heat it and have the steam run the car. This would most likely take several modifications to the engine system though, not just adding a heat source. Still i am confident it can be done.
edit on 13-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What is cold fusion?? I have no idea what cold fusion is? will someone tell me I tried reading the post to find out but, didnt see anyone say what it is.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by consciousgod
I agree except that Telsa had wireless DC power in the 1890s. His backer JP Morgan, couldn't meter the power because all people has to do to complete the circuit was ground their electrical device.

Precisely my point SOMEONE had to generate that power that Tesla transmitted. in this case it was leeched off of Niagara Falls power station... so if Westinghouse couldn't put a meter on it, where is his incentive to produce that power?

JP Morgan told Tesla to invent something that can be metered to provide residual income to JP. That's when he invented alternating current and the power grid that has enslaved us all. We all pay every month our entire lives to the tyrants.

Edison had DC as well but it couldn't transmit very far. People are slaves to AC because they want to be. Spend a few thousand bucks and put in a solar grid... here in Nevada its a law that the power company has to buy back the extra you produce. Sure its a few bucks but its a one time deal and then your free

When we buy a house we have to pay for all the wires, and the power drop as an initial investment, then pay the power company every month. With this new power source, their is a startup cost, BUT NO power company to pay each month. This makes us free slaves, free of monthly payments. Now we just have a little maintenance and from what I have read on Lutec, this machine is very cheap to operate.

It may be cheap to operate and its a good idea in the long run... but in the short term a LOT of jobs will be lost and never be regained. All those people will lose their houses and the added burden on an already failing economy might but us into a 20 year depression
Already the power company has taken way hundreds of meter reader jobs with the new smart meters. Add your free energy device and you lose serviceman, linesmen, technicians, support staff and office staff by the millions and that trickles down to the corner market.

'Free' always comes with a cost. Its just not that simple. Cheap would be better than free... but you need some cash flow to maintain the basic infrastructure of jobs. What good is free energy if you lose your job and home and live on the street?

edit on 13-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TropicKandie
What is cold fusion?? I have no idea what cold fusion is? will someone tell me I tried reading the post to find out but, didnt see anyone say what it is.

Nuclear Fission splits an atom and produces a lot of heat and radioactivity... which we use to boil water and make steam for turning generators So basically a Nuclear plant is a very hot steam engine

Nuclear Fusion is joining two atoms say Hydrogen to make Helium like on the sun. Again lots of heat and lots of radiation

Cold Fusion releases a lot less heat and a lot less radiation... but would produce a lot of energy with minimal pollution

25 tons of Helium 3 (found on the Moon) could supply the entire USA with power for one year

Hope that helps

And you can look here

en.wikipedia.org...

Cold fusion, also called low-energy nuclear reactions (LENR), is a type of relatively low temperature nuclear reaction reported to have occurred by some experimenters, but which others have not been able to reproduce.

edit on 13-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Nuclear Fission splits an atom and produces a lot of heat and radioactivity... which we use to boil water and make steam for turning generators So basically a Nuclear plant is a very hot steam engine

]

Thanks for letting me know that is neat! If they really discoverd this cold fusion that would be awsome!!

and thanks for fixing my pic on the other board when I first joined!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

It may be cheap to operate and its a good idea in the long run... but in the short term a LOT of jobs will be lost and never be regained. All those people will lose their houses and the added burden on an already failing economy might but us into a 20 year depression Already the power company has taken way hundreds of meter reader jobs with the new smart meters. Add your free energy device and you lose serviceman, linesmen, technicians, support staff and office staff by the millions and that trickles down to the corner market. 'Free' always comes with a cost. Its just not that simple. Cheap would be better than free... but you need some cash flow to maintain the basic infrastructure of jobs. What good is free energy if you lose your job and home and live on the street?
reply to post by zorgon

This is the perfect example for why we need a complete overhaul of the societal structure. We cannot have this system where everyone needs a "job" to make ends meet anymore, that becomes clearer by the day. Less and less people are required in the industries and corporations each day, this tech will just deal another fatal blow to this kind of economy. Jacque fresco have been saying this for 70 years but no one takes him seriously. His venus project is the logical next step.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Thanks for letting me know that is neat! If they really discoverd this cold fusion that would be awsome!!

Well the very fact that most of the documents are coming from the US NAVY at the China Lake weapons test facility, makes me think it will be some time before we can plug our house into one, despite what the NASA guy said (Since when can we trust a NASA guy anyway?) I laugh when I see the same skeptics who normally defend NASA now saying that NASA is 'out there' Go figure

[and thanks for fixing my pic on the other board when I first joined!!

Your welcome

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I sure hope so! Oh and thanks for posting this glad to hear some good news for once, making me excited about the upcoming future instead of dismayed haha.
edit on 1/13/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I agree 100% that we need a new model... but 90% of Americans are to attached to the old system... It will not come easy. The utopian system they have on Star Trek where you just go to a replicator and get what ever you want and they don't even need money... would be nice...

Unfortunately getting from this point to that point... where are the leaders we need to make it happen? Who will step up and let the system fail deliberately to begin to rebuild?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Back in 1969 the University of Toronto was offering a Hudrogen conversion kit that would work on any car (of the day) $660.00 the kit included three main things... a special carbeurator, a hydrogen tank and a set of springs (because of the weight of the tank. Hydrogen was easily available in TO at the time if you knew where to look

A few years ago at a convention in Las Vegas our company set up a Shell Oil exhibit... releasing the first Hydrogen gas pump... now installed in Washington DC

here is Bush filling up one of the White House staff cars

All over the world Shell is selling Hydrogen to buses, etc.

We could get off oil very quickly

But private people who make simple Hydrogen conversion kits disappear or are dragged into courts. The simple chemicals needed become illegal because the toaster police (Consumer Protection Agency) are sure you will make illegal fireworks with those chemicals

Now imagine everyone having a mini fusion reactor in every home or car...

The problem does NOT lie in the technology

edit on 13-1-2012 by zorgon because: Gremlins did it :shk:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hi ATS people. I see that you found my article today about NASA and LENR. I also see a lot of questions, confusion and speculation about my article and what it might mean. I don't have the time to monitor this board but If you want to send comments either to my email or to my blog, I'll be glad to answer/respond to the best of my ability.

Kind regards,
Steven B. Krivit
Editor, New Energy Times

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sbkrivit

Are you seriously the guy who wrote the article? Hard to Fathom you would wander into our place of the Internet.
However if you are I do have a question how close our we to getting this tech mainstream and on the consumer market?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If LENR can be proven, marketed to the masses and completely replace fuel for vehicles and buildings, I fear there will be catastrophic destruction in store for humans. Those who are in control of humans now will risk losing much of that control. That kind of change won't be well-taken and some nefarious plan will result in resubmission of the human race to the control of the few. I also wonder how far up the periodic table transmutation can go? Does it rise to the level that pure forms of plutonium or enriched uranium can be made? That's probably not something the average man should have readily available at his disposal.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by banishedfromthisarea

It will be bad for some people(The richest)
But it will be good for most people (The poorest)

It will be an equalizing force, under the current system. But more importantly, it may be the last step needed to catapult us into an entirely new form of society, a first step into a society where people will be more free than ever before.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by banishedfromthisarea
If LENR can be proven, marketed to the masses and completely replace fuel for vehicles and buildings, I fear there will be catastrophic destruction in store for humans. Those who are in control of humans now will risk losing much of that control. That kind of change won't be well-taken and some nefarious plan will result in resubmission of the human race to the control of the few. I also wonder how far up the periodic table transmutation can go? Does it rise to the level that pure forms of plutonium or enriched uranium can be made? That's probably not something the average man should have readily available at his disposal.

Perhaps this what the Alchemists of old had learned how to do.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thanks for the link in your post. Now I get it... we can fuel the world with our limitless supply of deuterium. I knew the energy budget looked fishy.

Edit to add: Although this is an exciting new process, it is basically just a complicated energy storage system; a battery.
If anybody ever figures out what Rossi's e-cat is, that would be my first guess, some kind of battery.

Note how all the demonstrations have been very time-limited, just as you might expect for a battery, which can only release its stored energy for a limited time.

Hmm. Nickel. Hydrogen. What is that? Uh, NiMH battery? have we heard of this before?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join