It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Officially confirms: Cold Fusion(LENR) is REAL

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
So they took cold fusion, put some lipstick on it and gave it a new name (LENR), claiming it as some kind of brand new fandangled science discovered by the "big boys" ?

At least that's the impression I got from the NASA video...
"A new form of clean nuclear energy."

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Ok, First off.... LENR is an acronym that stands for "Low Energy Nuclear Reaction", as opposed to the High Energy Nuclear Reactions in a Tokomak, Stellorator, Laser Ignition, and Heavy Radioisotope Fission systems.

from what I can gather, This is a form of Neutron catylized transmutation of an element to another element with a higher atomic number.

So nickel would become copper.... but with the same mass.

The neutron becomes a Proton by beta decay, Releasing an electron and heat energy, which I guess are captured for energy.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
So they took cold fusion, put some lipstick on it and gave it a new name (LENR), claiming it as some kind of brand new fandangled science discovered by the "big boys" ?

Indeed that is basically what they did.

They needed to do it though, it was only a matter of time before someone got a repeatable experiment together (which rossi did with the ecat) and using the already stigmatized term "cold fusion" would just get anyone involved with it laughed at loudly by the scientific community as well as media. Smart move i say. Because now it is generally accepted instead.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
1. They are pursuing patents and communicating through the media, rather than publishing scientific papers.

Sure just ignore the papers I posted from US NAVY SPARWARS. I have many more from the .mil sites, but why bother posting them eh?

2. The scientists worked in relative isolation, first Fleischmann and Pons with cold fusion, now Rossi (and apparently NASA is trying to copy Rossi or something and get their own patent).

NASA is just working with their Boss, the Naval Space Command...

Dr. Pamela Boss experimented with low-energy nuclear reactions. She reported breakthrough evidence that paves the way for additional research to develop ...

3. Both are claiming to "save the world" with a fantastic new source of energy.
4. The scientific community has been skeptical in both cases.

The scientific community is always skeptical when something new comes along. And so are most ATS armchair 'experts'

But the US NAVY is using the term 'Cold Fusion' That in my books is worth a whole lot more than a 1000 ATS skeptics who think they have the answers

I'd suggest you may want to reconsider.

I suggest it is YOU that needs to reconsider

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
From disinfo.com

This past week saw at least 80 stories on the web, 4 from mainstream news, regarding Andrea Rossi’s E-Cat powered by LENR or cold fusion. The hottest theme was Rossi’s assertion that he is in discussion with Home Depot to distribute 1 million home heat units this Autumn for less than $2,000 USD. Reality will probably dictate a longer time-line.

If this is true you think there's a reason he's trying to push it out before dec. 21st? Like with how new this technology is you think they would take a bit more time on it and make sure everything went ok for the original release.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Originally posted by CranialSponge

Indeed that is basically what they did.

They needed to do it though, it was only a matter of time before someone got a repeatable experiment together (which rossi did with the ecat) and using the already stigmatized term "cold fusion" would just get anyone involved with it laughed at loudly by the scientific community as well as media. Smart move i say. Because now it is generally accepted instead.

Yes, a smart move indeed.

Sad how it's so blatantly obvious though that they're scrambling to jump on the gravy train before it takes off without them.

I tip my hat to all of the independent scientists and imagineers for their relentless refusal to let this science die off and thus forcing the "big boys" to step up and finally take notice.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
As i have gotten some requests on scientific papers, i have supplied some below, as well as some letters.

Robertson Analysis

Robertson Charts

Robertson 3 part

Higgins Analysis

Higgins test

Rothwell conclusion

Stemmeros letter

Xanthoulis
edit on 13-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I had never heard of LENR so I searched it and found some reading.....I don't have a horse in this race but for anyone like me just hearing this term This seems to be a good starting read....or maybe someone more well versed in this can tell me if this info is less than creditable...

edit on 13-1-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
reply to post by NeoVain

this video gave me goosebumps. its one thing to have a person claim to have discovered cold fusion but its another to have nasa verify it

After the research i have previously done on the Rossi E-cat, i already knew it was real. This NASA confirmation just helps confirm it to at least some of the unbelievers who still choose to doubt everything they come across.
edit on 12-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

You use the word confirm way too much when there was no confirmation of any such thing you claim in your sources.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaughingatHumanity
As someone who has followed Rossi's work for years now and the concept of LENR I can hardly contain the joy in my heart at watching that NASA video. This is the GAME CHANGER humanity has been looking for for so long! Goodbye oil cartels, goodbye energy cabals, hello cheap, safe, clean energy!

There is a reason why NASA released this vid, Rossi took his work so far in the public limelight and proved that it is so simple that the technology cannot be contained! The genie is out of the bottle folks, try as they might they cannot hope to put it back in.

This is a great day for humanity.

There never was a genie...the man is a snake oil sales man....

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
If he starts selling them around say 21-dec, it'll be "epicly" funny.
I was not aware of these Naval Command of Whatever researches into Cold fusion, granted, I never really studied much of the topic.
Interesting post

edit on 13/1/2012 by drakus because: Very? Really?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Very interesting to see NASA coming out with info on this. I would think this development would be top priority for our nation. Just think how great this would be for us and the world.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Oh one post on semantics and one on snake oil... got it.

Maybe your 3rd post will be constructive?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
For all you naysayers, I've been following Rossi's E-cat since the first news of it leaked out. At first I was optimistic, still has some doubts, but after months of updates & many independent sources/Unis reviewing of the device, it seems to be the real deal. I remember arguing with Boncho about it back when, and he was convinced it was another sham by Rossi, instantly discrediting it and saying there was no possible way.

Only a number of months later. He's now manufacturing 1 million home unit E-Cats and they will go up for sale this Fall, possibly even earlier if he sets the timeline back. So you really think he came this entire way & is going to manufacture a million units, all part of a hoax??? The chances of it being a hoax at this point is nil.

I look forward to the day when [very] cheap, clean & renewable energy pervades the globe, setting the stage for an unseen brighter future. I believe this new age begins this year. Innovation and the advent of the human technological revolution are unstoppable; perhaps hindered by a few stuck in their ways, but inevitable.

I can only hope there isn't some "accident", turning out to be the "failure" of Rossi's invention & the device schemes being "lost". Tbtb can kiss my ass.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Nice deflection.

When it comes to semantics: in science it can make or break the "proof".

Snake oil? absolutely. They use to sell this cure all to the gullible and still do apparently.

My three post have been more in touch with reality than all your post combined.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RaelsatuHe's now manufacturing 1 million home unit E-Cats and they will go up for sale this Fall, possibly even earlier if he sets the timeline back. So you really think he came this entire way & is going to manufacture a million units, all part of a hoax??? The chances of it being a hoax at this point is nil.

I don't know much about science but I know an awful lot about fraud
There are still many, many opportunities for this to be a scam.

I really, REALLY want this all to be true but... I see lots of words that either aren't credibly unbiased or simply aren't saying what people think they say. The whole thing still feels wrong to me.

Fingers crossed this all turns out well. I want a home generator!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Nice deflection.

When it comes to semantics: in science it can make or break the "proof".

Snake oil? absolutely. They use to sell this cure all to the gullible and still do apparently.

My three post have been more in touch with reality than all your post combined.

Guess not..

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Thanks for that I've just checked back for any replies to my request so I'll check it out now. Onya!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Dont worry many of this people seem to want it on paper before they can believe it
And this is great news
, the video showed me real hope for our world if we can move from fossil fuels to this

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I just had a thought: couldn't this technology eventually make it's way into cars? I mean maybe I'm wrong, but it could work very simply. If the device requires a small amount of energy to turn on, a small gasoline engine or electric battery could be used to charge it. Then the device could run the vehicle indefinitely. What do you all think?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join