It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Officially confirms: Cold Fusion(LENR) is REAL

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
the video link at the top doesn't seem to work for me, so i thought i'd embed here (shameless excuse to bump your thread)

anyways.. bring it on!!!

edit on 12-1-2012 by Funk bunyip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
Rossi was like a crazy mad scientist. He knew bare minimum in physics and very little in chemistry. Yet he created cold fusion.

Go figure.

Newton knew nothing when he saw the apple hit the ground.

That is when it starts, for many.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Many of you have probably heard about the Rossi E-Cat by now, and so far there have been 2 camps here on ATS regarding this matter; the believers and the doubters(how unusual)

Your implied sarcasm about 'doubters' is weak, given that the believer camp is equally strong and in the past, always wrong.

I think the following Video made by Nasa will clear this up pretty good, it pretty much means that the Rossi E-cat indeed, is real.

No it doesn't. Whether or not they say LENR is real, it doesn't give any credibility to Rossi or his contraption. Now if NASA were to do an independent test of Rossi's machine, to duplicate his results, then they would be proving something for Rossi.

We may eventually have to discard a few earlier theoretical assumptions to fit this one into mainstream popular science.

If scientists discover something useful with LENR research, and use the scientific method... I'm sorry to say that.... that is 'mainstream science'....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

boncho my man! was just wondering when you where gonna show up!

Still trying to feed the "doubters camp" eh?

Good luck

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Long overdue is all that really needs to be said... Oh, and next up.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
G'day ATS
I'm not to versed on the cold fusion theory, to be honest I'm a bit ignorant to science practise in general, it's the results that amaze me. I'm looking to change my ways though, can anybody provide a good source that explains cold fusion in depth but in laymans?
Thanks in advance

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TOMFROMOZ

Actually the wikipedia article explains most of the history and theory pretty well, although it may not be very easy to digest unless you have a genuine interest.
en.wikipedia.org...

To get you started it may be easier to watch some movies on the subject, as i find them pretty intense and educational in a much more pedagogic way than reading.

Below is a documentary on the subject that is easy to digest.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
that would be cool if you live in a cold environment you could set up radiant heated floors and produce energy also not having to pay electric or a gas bill. i wonder if something like this will be in use any time soon?

oh and i forgot to add i also never heard anything about fusion but i heard nuclear so sounds like not cold fusion hence having to use water to cool the system.
edit on 12-1-2012 by SpunGCake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
As someone who has followed Rossi's work for years now and the concept of LENR I can hardly contain the joy in my heart at watching that NASA video. This is the GAME CHANGER humanity has been looking for for so long! Goodbye oil cartels, goodbye energy cabals, hello cheap, safe, clean energy!

There is a reason why NASA released this vid, Rossi took his work so far in the public limelight and proved that it is so simple that the technology cannot be contained! The genie is out of the bottle folks, try as they might they cannot hope to put it back in.

This is a great day for humanity.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LaughingatHumanity

Indeed, and now they are busy filing as many patents for it as possible to gobble up the profits, in order to at least salvage some of it, since the supression will no longer work.

I predict a near future scenario where giant "LENR" corporations will rise all over the world, competing with different models and priceranges, all of them taxed to the ground by their respective governments. This is the only way to keep the ball floating for awhile longer, and they know it. The profits they can make on this will never be as high as the oil profits they are currently getting fat on, without exorbitant taxes both for the producers and the consumers.
edit on 12-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

As someone who has followed Rossi's work for years now and the concept of LENR I can hardly contain the joy in my heart at watching that NASA video.

I'm curious, how many "years" exactly have you been following Rossi?
edit on 12-1-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This just in : Rossi admits Nasa is a competitor.

www.e-catworld.com...

The fact that NASA is trying to copy my work honours me. But their theory is wrong. We will beat them, as well as all the other Competitors with our E-Cats: the E-Cats will have a too low price to allow NASA or anybody else to compete with us. They are Goliath, very big and strong, we are David.

He will sell them for 1500$ each supposedly. That is pretty cheap.
edit on 12-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Oh and please don´t mind boncho, he is my personal clown, follows me everywhere i go, just trying to be funny

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I can see your point clearly and believe me I have my reservations as well. I fully expect the fed to come up with some garbage about how any machine from Rossi carries some sort of inherent risk or slap so many regulations on the production of such things to ensure that only the status quo could see profit from the venture.

Big oil and big energy are not going to go down without a massive amount of mud slinging and fisticuffs from being drunk on power for the last century.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Imteresting... in the video the graphic used....

says US NAVY SPAWAR (Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command) on it

So NASA is using Naval Space Command research
I bet that those papers we need to find might be at NAVY head quarters. It also explains why the NASA guy in the video looks so nervous and cautious about what he mutters (hence the captioning to understand him)
edit on 13-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Gonna raise my hand. Um I had heard of Cold Fusion before but have never followed any news of it (live under a rock) However, this is bloody fantastic! I sure hope this is real?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Where's the peer reviewed paper on this? Scientific discoveries are published in papers.

2009 - U.S. Navy SPAWAR San Diego LENR ("Cold Fusion") CR-39 Sequential Optical Analysis

Extraordinary Evidence Scientists at the U.S. Navy’s San Diego SPAWAR Systems Center have produced something unique in the 17-year history of the scientific drama historically known as cold fusion: simple, portable, highly repeatable, unambiguous, and permanent physical evidence of nuclear events using detectors that have a long track record of reliability and acceptance among nuclear physicists.

www.lenr-canr.org...

Low Energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR) Research at SPAWAR

Twenty Year History in LENR Research Using Pd/D Co-deposition. Stan Szpak. Pam Mosier-Boss. Frank Gordon. SPAWAR Systems Center, Pacific

www.ecatsite.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Subject LENR news ACS conference
Posted by Richard Hull on 2009-03-23 13:41

At the ACS four day conference, a paper is expected to be delivered today by SPAWAR scientists investigating LENR. SPAWAR is under the auspices of the Naval Research Lab. They claim amazing new evidence of neutrons from chemical reactions using developed plastic neutron capturing substrates within a reacting LENR assembly.

www.fusor.net...

'Cold fusion' rebirth? New evidence for existence of controversial energy source
www.eurekalert.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Its usually the people who are not indoctrinated with a belief system of any sort that would come up with something new. I expect little from those that subscribe to any rigid method, and great things from those who our outcasts of those with rigid ideologies.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

It's very reminiscent of cold fusion actually. Here are some similarities:

1. They are pursuing patents and communicating through the media, rather than publishing scientific papers.
2. The scientists worked in relative isolation, first Fleischmann and Pons with cold fusion, now Rossi (and apparently NASA is trying to copy Rossi or something and get their own patent).
3. Both are claiming to "save the world" with a fantastic new source of energy.
4. The scientific community has been skeptical in both cases.

They may be a little less skeptical of NASA's claim that there aren't really any heavier elements being produced, so it's not really fusion, but as Fleischmann and Pons demonstrated, applying for a patent doesn't necessarily mean the thing works.

Let's see how many of the seven warning signs of bogus science apply here:

1. The discoverer pitches the claim directly to the media.

2. The discoverer says that a powerful establishment is trying to suppress his or her work.

3. The scientific effect involved is always at the very limit of detection.

4. Evidence for a discovery is anecdotal.

5. The discoverer says a belief is credible because it has endured for centuries.

6. The discoverer has worked in isolation.

7. The discoverer must propose new laws of nature to explain an observation.

1. Applies
  2. Cold fusion proponents claimed this, and now LENR is the "new" cold fusion.
  3. Actually with cold fusion experiments, it was sometimes beyond detection, depending on the batch of palladium used. And I've seen no credible confirmation of the LENR process NASA speaks of.
  4. Applies. The video in the OP is anecdotal, as is most of the other information on the Rossi LENR claim.
  5. Doesn't apply.
  6. Rossi works in isolation, and he may be the only person in the world who knows the "secret ingredient".
  7. This was true of cold fusion. It's unclear from a 2 minute NASA video and their draft patent what process they are really claiming. Even the patent is horribly ambiguous. So it's hard to say whether it involves new laws or violation of existing laws yet when the process is so ill-defined.

So I think 6 out of 7 of the warning signs suggested by Dr Park at least partially apply, though we don't really know about #7 but that's a warning sign itself that the process is so ill-defined. Therefore if you're holding your breath waiting to buy an e-cat in Home Depot this fall, I'd suggest you may want to reconsider.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join