It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Officially confirms: Cold Fusion(LENR) is REAL

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by boncho

But Brazil does not have an E-Cat yet do they? And for most other oil-produce such as plastics, lubrication, clothing there are alternatives as mentioned earlier. I still do not think that oil will disappear completely, but somewhere around 90% of the demand might disappear, which is huge, since that would force oil producers to demand alot higher prices for their product, which in turn would make the alternatives more desirable, in turn making oil demand even less ad infinitum until oil demand is so small the reason to harvest it would disappear completetly. Which is exactly what we need.
edit on 27-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

How though? Explain your position.

Are you proposing a nuclear reactor inside every automobile for everyone? Or do you suggest an electric car for everyone with not nearly enough lithium reserves under development at current time to support such a feat?

As I said, you have no idea what is commercially viable. You simply read an article by a hippie, and project the world will change overnight by magical faeries.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by boncho

But that is just not the case, as you used Brazil as your prime example and they are the 7th largest consumer of oil in the world. Even with all their flex-fuel cars.

Let me spell it out for you one last time. No one said the demand for oil would cease overnight if a new alternative energy source rolls out. NO ONE especially me said Brazil did not use oil. Only that they do not import oil.

Big deal, neither does Saudi Arabia (Relatively -some imported, not much). The point of this is what? Some countries have it and some don't.

You are making statements of things that do not relate to your argument. In what way does it lend support to the idea we won't rely on oil?

You cited a country with an alternative energy source, yet they still are one of the top ten consumers of petroleum products. Your point is....?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Big deal, neither does Saudi Arabia (Relatively -some imported, not much). The point of this is what? Some countries have it and some don't.

You are making statements of things that do not relate to your argument. In what way does it lend support to the idea we won't rely on oil?

You cited a country with an alternative energy source, yet they still are one of the top ten consumers of petroleum products. Your point is....?

Saudi Arabia does not run 50% of thier cars on Alcohol fuel.

Running 50% of cars on alcohol proves we do not need gasoline and could begin the transition away from it if we have the will. Along with the fact that Alcohol can be run in jets and diesels burns clean makes engines last 3 times as long and provides more power.

Citing a country with an alternative energy source available world wide that provides half the fuel to thier cars is called proof of concept THAT WE CAN GET OFF OIL if we want to! Pretty salient point except for the reading comprehension challenged it seems..
edit on 27-1-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Citing a country with an alternative energy source that provides half the fuel to thier cars is called proof of concept THAT WE CAN GET OFF OIL if we want to! Pretty salient point except foe the reading comprehension challenged it seems..

Brazil has the most successful ethanol fuel program in the world. they are still the 7th largest consumer of oil. how does that get anyone off oil?

That is what I've been trying to get across my last few posts, if you hadn't noticed....
edit on 27-1-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Brazil has the most successful ethanol fuel program in the world. they are still the 7th largest consumer of oil. how does that get anyone off oil?

That is what I've been trying to get across my last few posts, if you hadn't noticed....

I have explained it several times now that a 7 year old could understand it. I am sorry you are not capable of understanding it... Oh well time to move on.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

I have explained it several times now that a 7 year old could understand it. I am sorry you are not capable of understanding it... Oh well time to move on.

You notice when you have trouble addressing my comments you tend to lean towards insults. You do notice that right?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Except I have had no trouble addressing your comments. I have proven Alcohol fuel is a viable alternative that could lead to getting us off oil. Your keep repeating the same tripe over and over and ignoring very salient points. So you either can't understand it or you are purposely trolling the thread. I can tell you what most people think you are doing and that is the reason why. Either way you refuse or a incapable of comprehending what a normal 7 year can easily understand about alcohol fuel. That is just a fact if you take it as an insult that is your problem... As they say if the shoe fits...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Which part of Brazil's ethanol program-not-cutting-them-off-from-oil, didn't you get? They are the 7th largest consumer of oil in the world. Meaning they have not cut themselves off of being dependent on petroleum products.

I think that is pretty clear.

Show me a country with zero consumption of oil, and then you have an argument.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by hawkiye

Which part of Brazil's ethanol program-not-cutting-them-off-from-oil, didn't you get? They are the 7th largest consumer of oil in the world. Meaning they have not cut themselves off of being dependent on petroleum products.

I think that is pretty clear.

Show me a country with zero consumption of oil, and then you have an argument.

So you think Brazil cutting thier oil consumption in half using alcohol means nothing until they cut it to zero, gotcha .... Sigh!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I see boncho is still trolling around, playing stupid in this thread. Sad

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So you think Brazil cutting thier oil consumption in half using alcohol means nothing until they cut it to zero, gotcha .... Sigh!

It certainly can suggest that Brazil has "been there, done that" and realised it still needs oil to get the rest of the job done.

Another way of looking at it: Brazil can do 50% of things using alcohol - but it could do 100% of them using oil.

Please make sure that any replies are written using small words and simple sentences as I have the reading comprehension of a six year old. I find things much easier to understand if you remove any common sense or logic and replace them with eye-rolling, veiled insults and dramatic sighs.

Now, if you were saying that Brazil is a good example of how oil usage can be reduced then it would be a different matter, but I'm not holding my breath...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I see boncho is still trolling around, playing stupid in this thread. Sad
Identical behaviour to what I was dealing with in the other thread.

Some tips...

There are multiple links to the video in case that account is deleted in my thread. Video Tips for Spotting and Side-Stepping Web Goons

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

reply to post by boncho

But Brazil does not have an E-Cat yet do they? And for most other oil-produce such as plastics, lubrication, clothing there are alternatives as mentioned earlier. I still do not think that oil will disappear completely, but somewhere around 90% of the demand might disappear, which is huge, since that would force oil producers to demand alot higher prices for their product, which in turn would make the alternatives more desirable, in turn making oil demand even less ad infinitum until oil demand is so small the reason to harvest it would disappear completetly. Which is exactly what we need.
edit on 27-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

How though? Explain your position.

Are you proposing a nuclear reactor inside every automobile for everyone? Or do you suggest an electric car for everyone with not nearly enough lithium reserves under development at current time to support such a feat?

As I said, you have no idea what is commercially viable. You simply read an article by a hippie, and project the world will change overnight by magical faeries.

For a start, we should consider molten salt batteries, & other technology that has 'slipped by'
I remember the electronics company Phillips announcing a big breakthrough in lightweigt batteries a few years ago, now there's not a peep, nothing..
Makes you wonder just what gets swept under the carpet as being "too efficient"

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
MOOOOODS.....

They are oftopic...Please slap´em

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I thought this thread was about cold fusion being real and NASA know it! Come on mods, "this is a long thread where topical drift is discouraged" surely.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!

Avoid thread drift.....POST ON TOPIC:

NASA Officially confirms: Cold Fusion(LENR) is REAL

Any and all off topic posts from here on will be removed.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Oh no! Now we have to try to find the last post that was actually about the thread topic. If anyone can find it, would you mind quoting it here so we can continue the discussion.

edit on 29/1/12 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join