It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Officially confirms: Cold Fusion(LENR) is REAL

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+68 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Many of you have probably heard about the Rossi E-Cat by now, and so far there have been 2 camps here on ATS regarding this matter; the believers and the doubters(how unusual)

I think the following Video made by Nasa will clear this up pretty good, it pretty much means that the Rossi E-cat indeed, is real. Furthermore, it confirms scientists around the world are working around the clock to form a theory for this reaction, which while shown to be real, is so far lacking the theoretic science required to fully explain it, although substantial progress seem to have been made on this theory so far. We may eventually have to discard a few earlier theoretical assumptions to fit this one into mainstream popular science.

Video: technologygateway.nasa.gov...
Article: mnispel.net...
Further info: blog.newenergytimes.com...
edit on 12-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Rossi was like a crazy mad scientist. He knew bare minimum in physics and very little in chemistry. Yet he created cold fusion.

Go figure.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Sweet goodness. Thumbs up!

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

A couple of questions:

Where's the peer reviewed paper on this? Scientific discoveries are published in papers.

Also I watched the video. I never saw the word fusion once, and the graphics don't show fusion, they show fission, do you know the difference? Moreover the whole video speaks in vague generalities and doesn't give any specifics.

And I noticed you added a second source, which I just read. I'm not reading that as confirmation, far from it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

this video gave me goosebumps. its one thing to have a person claim to have discovered cold fusion but its another to have nasa verify it

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Anyone else think that this is just a little bit fishy?
I mean I dont doubt that they may have hit the jackpot, they probably did a long time ago.
But why are they telling us?
They have been trying to hide the realities of energy for a century now and I dont see NASA actually trying to help someone possibly collapse the fossil fuel monopoly.
My bet is that a big corporation has got the patenting rights or something.
Have to wait and see what comes out of this, could be very big.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
reply to post by NeoVain

A couple of questions:

Where's the peer reviewed paper on this? Scientific discoveries are published in papers.

Not all science is discovered through paperwork, actually many breakthroughs are shown in practice before the theory is formed. Take gravity for example, it is shown to exist and have been for thousands of years, yet we still have no conclusive theoretical explanation for it. Often the effect can be seen before the theory is even started.

Also I watched the video. I never saw the word fusion once, and the graphics don't show fusion, they show fission, do you know the difference? Moreover the whole video speaks in vague generalities and doesn't give any specifics.

LENR is a form of Cold Fusion, which you should know by now. Scientists generally avoid the stigma associated with the "Cold Fusion" term by instead calling it LENR. That does not change that it is based on the same research originally performed by stanley and pons in 1989.
en.wikipedia.org...

And I noticed you added a second source, which I just read. I'm not reading that as confirmation, far from it.

That source has all the Bushnell slides, which is the chief scientist at NASA Langley. These slides are based on the official NASA research on the subject.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTooLong

It's very fishy. I just found another source about a patent filing by the scientist who appeared in the video, Joseph Zawodny:

Review of NASA/ Zawodny US patent application published October 20, 2011

“Briefly, this theory put forth by Widom and Larsen states that the initiation of LENR activity is due to the coupling of “surface plasmon polaritons” (SPPs) to a proton or deuteron resonance in the lattice of a metal hydride. The theory goes on to describe the production of heavy electrons that undergo electron capture by a proton. This activity produces a neutron that is subsequently captured by a nearby atom transmuting it into a new element and releasing positive net energy in the process.”
What's fishy is surely there has to be more than a patent application on this if it's "confirmed"? Where are the papers?

I don't think NASA is confirming anything. I just watched the video again and it says they are working on LENR, it doesn't confirm it works. The US Navy has been working on LENR for a long time, I think a couple of decades. So now there's someone else working on it along with the Navy. I don't see any confirmation it works.

On the contrary, the source mentioning Andrea Rossi's e-cat suggests to me there's no proof it works anywhere.

Maybe someday somebody legitimate will confirm it, and it really does work. But today is not that day.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
reply to post by NeoVain

this video gave me goosebumps. its one thing to have a person claim to have discovered cold fusion but its another to have nasa verify it

After the research i have previously done on the Rossi E-cat, i already knew it was real. This NASA confirmation just helps confirm it to at least some of the unbelievers who still choose to doubt everything they come across.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
V for Victory
victory for conspiracy theorists!
& victory for the "believers" that kept believing in spite of irrational "skeptic" harassment!

this sort of victory will be happening a LOT more in 2012 & after.

+ victory for the fallen scientists that have been killed/harmed because of their knowledge of Cold Fusion.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The patent is already on file from Rossi, hence it may be a little hard for NASA to get that one through...

Still they are no doubt trying to find out more about it in order to file similar patents on specifics themselves.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
LENR is a form of Cold Fusion, which you should know by now. Scientists generally avoid the stigma associated with the "Cold Fusion" term by instead calling it LENR. That does not change that it is based on the same research originally performed by stanley and pons in 1989.
I've seen that stated by other sources.

However, I don't think this particular claimed LENR process is just a euphemism for cold fusion, it's not cold fusion. Fusion is the creation of heavier elements from lighter ones, and there are no heavier elements created in this process that I can see based on the limited information available.

So, you should probably take the "cold fusion" part out of the title, I think, and just leave it LENR.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Time will tell but I’m fairly sure of two things:

1. Its more than likely already been discovered or at least we know much more about it then is in the public domain.

or

2. The public will not be told a single thing if it is worked out.

At the end of the day the people have been trying to work this stuff out for centuries now. The US with its monopoly on science, discoveries and anything else would know something that’s for sure.
It may not be cold fusion, but I don’t doubt they have known the secret to safe, clean and renewable energy for decades.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
And it is coming to Home Depot Next year.

mnispel.net...

Since it was bought by Home Depot it will be made in China No doubt so with China's Stellar quality control standards Fukashima will look like one of the lighter moments of global contamination.
edit on 12-1-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
THE OIL CARTEL ERA IS OVER!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Very interesting, didn´t know he actually was that far already.
Star for you!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I hope something does come of this in whatever form. I'm easy, I know absolutely nothing of the physics involved so it will need to be a Plug and Play model for me. They might to retool the phrase though to Plug and Pay...tax levied on all machines?

In any case
*crosses fingers*
Good Luck Guys!

And er...when can we expect to see the DeLorean model...?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
And it is coming to Home Depot Next year.

mnispel.net...

Since it was bought by Home Depot it will be made in China No doubt so with China's Stellar quality control standards Fukashima will look like one of the lighter moments of global contamination.
edit on 12-1-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

Yes i just got a new home depot catalog previewing what will be out in September 2012:

"Energy 1-2-3" LENR Box - $49.99

What you do, you simply unplug your house from the grid and plug the LENR Box in and then it will supply your house with energy for 10 years. I already preordered a few.

On a serious side note: I STILL don't believe it..in fact NO ONE *ever* has seen any of those devices EVER, at least not in independent reviews and studies! DID YOU SEE ANY of those "devices" power anything, EVER, at all...be it a small light, a laptop or whatever? Tell me!

So....i can voice my doubts that we will find it in Home Depot soon because it obviously doesn't EXIST.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Erm maybe you should voice that to the people writing those articles referenced.

Or maybe just bother to do some research on the matter yourself.

This is hardly the place to vent your doubts on other certified peoples and journalists findings and statements.

There are TONS of info about this, just use Google.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Just found this article as well, which has a concept model of the 5kw home version displayed if you scroll down a little bit.
Not bigger than a microwave.

coldfusion3.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join