It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Age "News" is Wrong--It's Coming Sooner Than Later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Source

When you consider the millions of words published as “news” about global warming, a massive hoax based on the theory that an increase in the Earth’s levels of carbon dioxide (CO2), a minor atmospheric gas (0.0380%), it boggles the mind that reporters for a respected newswire, Reuters, would still be writing utter rubbish about it.

Just as the “news” about global warming was demolished in 2009 and again in 2011 with the leaked emails of the conspirators behind the fictions of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), the main agency behind the hoax, on January 9, Nina Chesney of Reuters London Bureau, reported about a paper in the journal, Nature Geoscience, that the “Next Ice Age not likely before 1,500 years: study.”

The paper claimed that “Concentrations of the main gases blamed for global warming reached record levels in 2010 and will linger in the atmosphere for decades even if the world stopped pumping out emissions today, according to the U.N.’s weather agency.”

Yes, the source is a blog, but, he has sources of his own.

I have heard this before that there is in fact a downturn with the Earth's temperature before and that we are heading into the nest ice age sooner than later.

I mean by now we all know anthropogenic global warming is a hoax, whereas natural climate change has and will happen again. So rather than believe the IPCC about us boiling the Earth to death, what about the chances of an ice age.

I thought I would bring this story here as it is interesting and wanted others opinions on the subject. No one, and I do mean no one can predict the future, nobody know what will happen to our climate or anything else for that matter, all we can do is make an educated guess. I wonder who to believe and whether the earth is going to boil or freeze.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Well I know in the next few days It's going to get a Hell of a lot colder.

But I agree I reckon we will enter an ice age sometime within our lifetimes.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
first... i do think part of the earth is facing an ice age. however, i think it will only affect part of the earth. other parts will see desert conditions. it is happening pretty fast and i don't know if we will be able to adjust fast enough.

second... we don't ALL know by now that climate change isn't being pushed into overdrive by humans.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It is almost frustrating to me when I read anything on either side of the GW debates, the heat and cold work together and whether you side with heating up or cooling down imo you are right. One thing that can be counted on is change and absence of the comfortable norms we have been blessed with for generations.

My 96 year old Grandpa who is bright and intelligent said just yesterday that he had never seen a winter like this in all his life.
edit on 12-1-2012 by antar because: h in weather or whether

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wasn't there a thread the other day about carbon emissions delaying the next ice age? It's like 72 here in California and it's winter.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

My 96 year old Grandpa who is bright and intelligent said just yesterday that he had never seen a winter like this in all his life.
edit on 12-1-2012 by antar because: h in weather or whether

My Grandmother said the same thing after we had a Thunderstorm in December! Whether (weather lol) you believe in Global Warming or in an Ice Age or Even a natural change. Or if you disagree that humans have an impact on the Environment (they do).

The seasons and weather have been weird and different than the past at least 70 years IMHO and maybe in the last 500 years. Whichever the case I think we are in for something not seen in recent history.

But that said humans can and will adapt.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I am no weatherman or scientist, but what I do know is that there is definitively less polar ice on the Earth than there was 40 years ago. Glaciers are shrinking and disappearing. Forget which news outlet or blog or whatever. Just look at photos! The proof is clear. I'm not sure about all areas though. Just specific ones in Himalayas and Arctic circle. I remember reading about a piece of Antartica falling into the sea too a few years ago. Something is definitely happening that's for sure.

I don't claim that it's warming or CO2 emmisons, but the ice is disappearing.

I would think the Earth would welcome a good century or 2 of freeze.
edit on 12-1-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join