It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kent Walls calls, Warren Buffett The Wizard of Omaha, lying to the american people for CYA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Most of you here know me by now... those that dont... well here is your first taste...

Warren Buffett

Warren Edward Buffett (pronounced /ˈbʌfɨt/; born August 30, 1930) is an American business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is widely regarded as one of the most successful investors in the world. Often introduced as "legendary investor, Warren Buffett",[5][6] he is the primary shareholder, chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.[7] He is consistently ranked among the world's wealthiest people. He was ranked as the world's wealthiest person in 2008[8] and is the third wealthiest person in the world as of 2011.[9]

Buffett is called the "Wizard of Omaha", "Oracle of Omaha"[10], or the "Sage of Omaha"[11] and is noted for his adherence to the value investing philosophy and for his personal frugality despite his immense wealth.[12] Buffett is also a notable philanthropist, having pledged to give away 99 percent[13] of his fortune to philanthropic causes, primarily via the Gates Foundation.

I want to start this conspiracy off with a simple phrase...

The Billionaire Wizard is trying to merely CYA...Putting up a huge smokescreen... Now the walk through...

Buffett buys railroad

Warren Buffett is again putting his massive stash of cash to work and making a big long-term bet on the still-struggling U.S. economy.

On Tuesday, the head of Berkshire Hathaway (BRKB) announced his biggest deal yet: a $26.3 billion cash-and-stock acquisition of Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNI) that values the railroad giant at $34 billion.

so this first point has a pre-req

Warren's a billionaire... he makes his money and knows how to protect an investment...

He spent $26.3 billion on a Railroad....

Your saying....

can you tie this up quickly... Rip I dont see it..

Ok... There was this court case in federal court.... in it a jury had awarded millions to a plaintiff over a RAILROAD accident/incident...

Heres the kicker the company was appealing on this basis... due to some convoluted agreement or ruling the company was not responsible for any accidents or incidents financially... it has to due with people cars on freight-car lines ... in both instances the federal government is the one holding the bag for all payments due to railroads...

The court ruled that the feds had to pay the settlement... and they did... the company was NOT responsible...

Do you see it... if there is any accident/ incident... the 26.3 billion dollar purchase is backed by the Federal government... The wizard's company wont owe a dime....

This includes if say infrastructure fails, the feds pay ALL the damages... which means you the Tax Payer pay for them not properly maintaining the infrastructure...

This is why the Wizard of Omaha is doing this political stumping.... He is not doing it to support "Taxing the Millionaires" ... He is doing it so that when the wrecks occur his interest is still covered by the Federal Government...

He can tell everyone that he supported taxing the wealthy.... I am one of you.. so he will not suffer for making all the money with you bailing him out of disaster when the trains do wreck.....

To Wizard of Omaha,

This is Kent Walls and I call...

I wont say how this makes me feel except to say I prefer to make a buck honestly... not off the backs of the American tax payer...

I fully believe this because with this rule or law in place your investment in the railroads is pretty safe bet....you will get you money back out easily ...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
What was the court case?

"There was this court case....." is pretty weak - I'd expect you to have at least the name of the company, hte year of the case or something a bit more substantial.

A quick search found this article about a $200 million cap on rail accident damages - but clearly the company was still paying that amount in the case in question.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

What I hate to say this is why this whole thing is in highly speculative section... I came across this case while researching for my divorce...

I am endeavoring to find it.... I have to retrace about six month of legal research.....

I am in the first month of re-researching still....

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

not finding the case but more evidence

Amtrak wikipedia

The National Railroad Passenger Corporation, doing business as Amtrak (reporting mark AMTK), is a government-owned corporation[1] that was organized on May 1, 1971, to provide intercity passenger train service in the United States. "Amtrak" is a portmanteau of the words "America" and "track".[2] It is headquartered at Union Station in Washington, D.C.[3]

All of Amtrak's preferred stock is owned by the U.S. federal government. The members of its board of directors are appointed by the President of the United States and are subject to confirmation by the United States Senate. Common stock was issued in 1971 to railroads that contributed capital and equipment; these shares convey almost no benefits[4] but their current holders[5] declined a 2002 buy-out offer by Amtrak.

Amtrak employs nearly 19,000 people. It operates passenger service on 21,000 miles (34,000 km) of track primarily owned by freight railroads connecting 500 destinations in 46 states[6] and three Canadian provinces. In fiscal year 2011, Amtrak served 30.2 million passengers, representing nine straight years of record ridership.[6][7] Despite this recent growth, the United States still has one of the lowest inter-city rail usages in the developed world.

What it is saying is that Amtrak is controlled by the President with congress' approval...

It is a corporation owned wholly at the preferred stock level.... the board of directors are APPOINTED by the POTUS with congressional approval

The majority of the issue I am seeing is that freight leases the tracks from Amtrak... which means that due to the lease agreements the freight companies do not OWN the track....

The Amtrak corporation owned by the US Government.... this means the Federal government as the owner is responsible for ALL damages to anything or anyone resulting from railroad issues...

I will keep looking for the case but the evidence supporting the decision is right there... the feds on the railways and hence responsible for all damages...

Amtrak

Amtrak's Board of Directors sets corporate policy and oversees the management of the company. The board is made up of 7 voting members appointed for five-year terms by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate. The President has appointed the Secretary of Transportation as one of the board members.

Amtrack .com

Board of Directors
National Railroad Passenger Corporation Board of Directors

60 Massachusetts Ave., NE
Washington, DC 20002
Members

Mr. Joseph H. Boardman
Amtrak President and CEO

Mr. Thomas C. Carper
Chairman of the Board

Mr. Anthony R. Coscia

Mr. Bert DiClemente

The Honorable Ray LaHood
U.S. Secretary of Transportation

Mr. Jeffrey R. Moreland

Ms. Nancy A. Naples
Vice Chairman of the Board

I looked and could only find one appointment for Obama on the board...

appointment Amtrak

Coscia, Anthony R.

I believe this means most of the seats on the Amtrak board are coming up for the next winner of the election.....

no self interest what so ever... Not to mention the senate does the approval process.... and the democrats still control the US senate....

top topics

join