It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thick UK Cop loses his rag with law student cyclist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I've been given a right battering by policemen in slightly more drunken situations.

nice to see one get away!

edit on 12-1-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

and the Met Police website says?

What should I do if I am stopped or/and searched?

Everyone has a civic duty to help police officers prevent crime and catch offenders. The fact that the police may have stopped someone does not mean they are guilty of an offence.

Apart from the inconvenience, people may feel irritated that they’ve been stopped when they haven’t done anything wrong – that’s completely understandable. However, the stop or stop and search will be much quicker if a person co-operates with police officers.

It's up to you whether you provide your name and address. You don't have to, but the best advice is that you should co-operate with the police.

Don’t forget that the stop or stop and search must be carried out according to strict rules – the police have responsibility to ensure that people’s rights are protected. Everyone should expect to be treated fairly and responsibility. In almost all cases, an individual should be given a record of the stop or stop and search at the time it happens. The police use these powers to help make the local community safer by disrupting crime – public co-operation is an essential part of that.

probably also wise to add that it is generally more sensible to just be polite and move on in these circumstances, but when you're a law student, i guess you can't help yourself

edit on 12-1-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

I have to admit, I usually give the cops a hard time in the usual vids posted on ATS.

This cop actually did nothing wrong , and held his composure pretty well, the guy was looking to incite trouble in this vid.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I would add that the cyclist (being a self-confessed law student) knew a thing or two about his rights and obligations. Rule number 1, NEVER talk to the police. There is a vid on youtube where a law professor and LEO also say exactly the same thing and explain why one should never do so.
Correction, he's a Professor of Law...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Although the cyclist was deliberately provocative he showed that the cops need some education in how to deal with people.
Clearly this cop didn't know what to do when verbally challenged.
I'm not anti police & I don't want to live in a society without them.
We need them!
But it was amusing & an alternative to rioting. LOL
Star & flag for OP. Cheers mate.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by Beavers

I have to admit, I usually give the cops a hard time in the usual vids posted on ATS.

This cop actually did nothing wrong , and held his composure pretty well, the guy was looking to incite trouble in this vid.

No he wasn't, he was using his knowledge to stop another BS charge. A charge that would no doubt result in a fine. The money from that fine goes towards fighting bogus wars based on lies.

The copper has no interest in helping the public, he's an idiot and he got owned. respect to the cyclist

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Why do people start petty arguments like this with the police?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

Because it's a petty issue, you answered your own question. Pay attention

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
in soviet america you'd get tased for making an officer feel stupid.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

I really enjoyed that vid it made my night. Being from one of the largest council estates in UK i know what it means to be hassled. They seem to think we are all the same a non-intellectual yob/thug

S&F OP
edit on 12/1/2012 by indisputable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WeMoveUnseen

If the Cyclist went threw a red light then he broke the law. The law is the law.

The cop was simply doing his job.

top topics

join